Fifth Round Draw.

Kingsmills

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

It's another poor show by the SFA but a boycott will achieve nothing other than depriving the club of revenue and the fans of watching what could be a highly entertaining match.

Then don't complain when asked to turn up at stupid o'clock in Glasgow or Edinburgh for an important match like the league cup final or the SC semi. The fans are being taken for mugs by the SFA and TV execs. A boycott might actually wake up other supporters and may even get the club's backing if the grievance is aired correctly. These two matches were scheduled for a kick off before any train from Inverness could arrive in Glasgow on the day. The Sun newspaper actually subsidised the buses for the league cup final because Sky were panicking over no ICT support turning up and ruining the  TV spectacle. The supporters have more power than they think. A televised banner in an empty away end telling the SFA what we think of them would have quite an impact I think, not to mention the newspaper coverage, football podcasts etc.

The club will be deprived of my revenue because I will not be making the 9hr round trip on a Monday evening.

28 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

I can’t believe people are moaning about a Monday night. Especially when the distance between the two clubs is so short.

Fully agree, moan if its not on TV, then moan when it is. There's lots of clubs and their fans who would love the chance to even see their club on TV and the minor windfall it generates.

We are in the position where next to every league games are on Saturday at 3pm yet I don't see the fans running out to fill the stadium then and doubt they would have for the cup either!!!

Edited by bdu98196
  • Agree 5

52 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

I can’t believe people are moaning about a Monday night. Especially when the distance between the two clubs is so short. 

Scarlett you’ll need to start moaning because you can’t get to Falkirk for 3pm on a Saturday. 

I think the biggest issue is that folk are (rightly) disappointed that despite the SFA saying the games will take place on the 9th and 10th of February they have decided to play this on the 11th. 

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

We have been shafted before with the likes of having to play Hearts in semi finals in their home city and ridiculously early semi final kick off times in Glasgow.

Compared to that, although not ideal, this one is not too bad. For those living in and around Inverness there should be plenty if time to finish work and make the short journey ORB.

In my opinion, there should be no talk of a boycott and those who can should get there in large numbers to act as twelfth man to help the team to victory. Three times this season we have matched our much wealthier neighbours and were very unfortunate to lose the last derby. This is one we can definitely win and a large and vocal away crowd will certainly help.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

We have been shafted before with the likes of having to play Hearts in semi finals in their home city and ridiculously early semi final kick off times in Glasgow.

Compared to that, although not ideal, this one is not too bad. For those living in and around Inverness there should be plenty if time to finish work and make the short journey ORB.

In my opinion, there should be no talk of a boycott and those who can should get there in large numbers to act as twelfth man to help the team to victory. Three times this season we have matched our much wealthier neighbours and were very unfortunate to lose the last derby. This is one we can definitely win and a large and vocal away crowd will certainly help.

Totally agree with your comments about any boycott.

• Agree 1

Actually, come to think about it, the SFA are a model of consideration for the interests of fans compared to the SPFL who took about two months after the draw was made to give us any sort of clue about the day and time our Challenge Cup semi final would be played.

9 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Totally agree with you yes the day & time not ideal but it is only 20 minutes OTB lets get there and support the boys

• Agree 1

I was really looking forward to the game when the draw was made, assuming that even if it was to be on TV it would be the Friday evening or the Saturday or Sunday.

When I heard it was the Monday, I could not believe it, I am away quite a lot during the week, and am in London that night, so will not even be able to see it on TV, relying instead on the radio commentary (if there is one) on line or the text updates.

I hope we still get a great, noisy support, and I will be there in spirit if not in body.

Go for it guys!!

9 hours ago, Robert said:

I was really looking forward to the game when the draw was made, assuming that even if it was to be on TV it would be the Friday evening or the Saturday or Sunday.

When I heard it was the Monday, I could not believe it, I am away quite a lot during the week, and am in London that night, so will not even be able to see it on TV, relying instead on the radio commentary (if there is one) on line or the text updates.

I hope we still get a great, noisy support, and I will be there in spirit if not in body.

Go for it guys!!

If you can use BBC iPlayer while you are away, you can see the game in England. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

If you can use BBC iPlayer while you are away, you can see the game in England. 

The BBC are the public service broadcaster for the whole of the UK funded by licence fees from us all.

When they have the rights to show live FA Cup matches they, without giving it a second thought, broadcast that match throughout the UK thus giving exposure to the clubs, tournament and sponsors generating income for all three. 

Surely, given their public service remit, they should do the same for the Scottish Cup and the Scottish game. Instead they pay salaries to Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer which, in combination, amount to, more or less, what they invest in total in our game. 

• Agree 3

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 2:05 AM, wynthank15 said:

The club will be deprived of my revenue because I will not be making the 9hr round trip on a Monday evening.

I don't know the revenue split between the clubs for ticket sales but even if you say 50% each I'm sure the club will miss your £7.50 compared to the £32500.00 or whatever it may be from tv income.

If you can't go, don't go, simple. I already told Caleyjag I'd loved to go but living in Aberdeen we now can't but I'm not whinging about it, instead I'm looking at the bigger picture in terms of finances for our club which we desperately need. It will never change and games will continually be moved to accommodate tv deals whether fans like it or not and at our level nothing fans do can change that, it would literally take a three figure attendance at this game for us to potentially be worse off financially and that's not going to happen.

Yes some people who wanted to go will miss out due to travel, work etc but logically speaking given our allocation of tickets there's a lot more who would have missed out anyway had the game not been moved for tv and they wouldn't have seen it at all.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, MrCaleyjag said:

I don't know the revenue split between the clubs for ticket sales but even if you say 50% each I'm sure the club will miss your £7.50 compared to the £32500.00 or whatever it may be from tv income.

If you can't go, don't go, simple. I already told Caleyjag I'd loved to go but living in Aberdeen we now can't but I'm not whinging about it, instead I'm looking at the bigger picture in terms of finances for our club which we desperately need. It will never change and games will continually be moved to accommodate tv deals whether fans like it or not and at our level nothing fans do can change that, it would literally take a three figure attendance at this game for us to potentially be worse off financially and that's not going to happen.

Yes some people who wanted to go will miss out due to travel, work etc but logically speaking given our allocation of tickets there's a lot more who would have missed out anyway had the game not been moved for tv and they wouldn't have seen it at all.

We have never sold out the away stand over there to my knowledge? Or am I misunderstanding your last paragraph? 

If money is more important than support then why not tell all fans to stay at home and watch it there and just send ten pounds to the club so everyone wins as we get tv money fans money and a boycot all in one.

Edited by Shorty
  • Facepalm 1

29 minutes ago, Shorty said:

If money is more important than support then why not tell all fans to stay at home and watch it there and just send ten pounds to the club so everyone wins as we get tv money fans money and a boycot all in one.

There has to be a balance. Of course fans matter and are the lifeblood of the game. However, even with the limited amount we get in the Championship, our club could not sustain full time football without it.

Far from ideal but a necessary evil.

• Agree 1