Vice-Chairman Resigns

Scotty

perhaps you are right and the release is just worded badly .. IF its job done then that's great but I am sure I am not alone in wondering when certain phrases are used ... like 'mutual consent' or 'immediate effect'. 

15 minutes ago, Satan said:

Maybe it's a private matter and perhaps it will (and should?) stay that way.

Don't think 'mutual consent ' got a mention. 

Press releases are typically not private!  I also never said it was mutual consent. if you read my post you will see I said that phrases such as 'mutual consent' or 'immediate effect' make people wonder ...

If we want to go one step further, I would be happy to be proved wrong and eat humble pie but I also don't agree with IHE's assertion that the goal was reached. If he was tasked with guiding the stadium transfer, a process that is not yet complete, then its certainly not job done and one of the lead people resigning before it is complete raises more questions than it answers. As a supporter of the club and a shareholder of the company, that concerns me.    

• Agree 3

Not sure if anything can be read into this at all. I have known Alan since secondary school and spoke to him in September about this. He indicated then that he would be resigning when the transfer of the stands was completed so maybe that is what is actually happening.

3 hours ago, Hugh Johnston said:

He indicated then that he would be resigning when the transfer of the stands was completed

It's an easy question then : Has the transfer been completed ? There is no indication - either way - of the current status. 

• Agree 1

Are the 2 oversized lean too's worth anything at all in reality.

Couple of stands with zero facilities between them have no value at all surely. 

No toilets no refreshments  no anything, neither of which are any more than 33% full these days I just do not know what all the fuss is about. 

Unless the land itself has any kind of value then I fail to see why we are still waiting on confirmation of owning them.

• Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, ferben1994 said:

Are the 2 oversized lean too's worth anything at all in reality.

Couple of stands with zero facilities between them have no value at all surely. 

No toilets no refreshments  no anything, neither of which are any more than 33% full these days I just do not know what all the fuss is about. 

Unless the land itself has any kind of value then I fail to see why we are still waiting on confirmation of owning them.

Rental value, if we own them we no longer have to pay rent to use them.

Smallish beans, but every little helps.

• Like 1

"After two years, this deal is now ready to complete" - Now that as we all know can take some time. It would be expected that Allan has left in the knowledge that everything is in position. The time to cast doubts and a load of flak is if it goes of the radar or doesn't happen.

• Disagree 1

48 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

"After two years, this deal is now ready to complete" - Now that as we all know can take some time. It would be expected that Allan has left in the knowledge that everything is in position. The time to cast doubts and a load of flak is if it goes of the radar or doesn't happen.

Sorry IHE, thats bollocks and you know it. 

• Like 1

I appreciate IHE may be relatively well informed, shall we say, but some may say that the deal has been ready to complete from the day it was announced.  Remember, it was announced as a gift rather than a deal and there was an expectation that completing the necessary legal paperwork was a mere formality.  Over two years later the deal is still not complete and the issue has gone off the radar from time to time so I think people can be excused for directing a bit of flak at the Board.

In his post yesterday, Hugh stated that he had spoken to Allan a while back and Allan had indicated that he would resign when the deal was complete.  If the deal was indeed completed we might have expected Allan's resignation to coincide with an announcement that the deal had been completed, together with a picture of the relevant parties shaking hands and sharing chummy smiles.  This has not happened.  

The statement that the deal is now ready to complete is clearly not as good as one saying it is done and dusted but it is more positive than what we have had before.  I know little about the process of such deals but I would imagine that once the deal is agreed there is a formal process to register the change of ownership.  I am happy to take this at face value and assume that Allan has taken this to the stage where his input is no longer required and that it is just the red tape that is preventing the Club from making a more definite announcement.  I would, however, expect such an announcement in the near future or, at the very least, a statement explaining precisely where we are with this.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/News/Tulloch-Homes-donates-6m-stadium-to-Inverness-Caledonian-Thistle-02122016.htm

December 2016... and it was happening very soon. When Rae took over as Chairman it was happening very soon and apparently it took 18 months to get to this stage. 

December 2017...

https://www.ictfc.com/index.php/news/club-news/2082-significant-milestone-for-ictfc-as-tulloch-agrees-transfer-of-stadium-lease

Agreement reached and no major sticking points apparently. 

Well there must have been a sticking point or two over something contentious perhaps with the new board as a year later it's still not happened. Who knows? 

I hope it does happen soon but I'm gonna file it under 'believe it when I see it' going by previous announcements.