Scotty

7 minutes ago, RiG said:

I didn't claim there were 17 clear cut chances to score. I said that we had 17 shots yesterday and of those 9 were on target and we scored 2 (source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46929128 which can be taken with a pinch of salt but it's the best we have to go on). I don't disagree with your point about preventing goals but it's not the big issue for us this season. It's our inability to convert the, at times, plethora of chances that come our way that is seeing us drop points.

The Falkirk highlights don't do us any favours but there must be about 17 attempts listed in the match report.

4 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

The Falkirk highlights don't do us any favours but there must be about 17 attempts listed in the match report.

Yeah some good chances passed up yesterday sadly. Would be good if someone had the info to work out conversion rates for our players when it comes to taking the chances presented to them.

39 minutes ago, RiG said:

Yeah some good chances passed up yesterday sadly. Would be good if someone had the info to work out conversion rates for our players when it comes to taking the chances presented to them.

I thought Gregor would have published his conversion stats/ratios by now.

We've seen plenty of the goals/starts ones already.

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Just watched Rangers game on tv and it’s interesting to see the chances Morelos misses and he is top scorer in Premiership.

Goalscorers always miss more than they score but to win games teams have to keep it tight at the back, so I will say again we need to be better at the back to see out games.

if we score two goals we should be winning games.

As I actually was at yesterday's game, I feel I can comment with some confidence.   If there had been any neutrals at that game they must have loved it.  End to end stuff with plenty of chances at either end.   The game stats show that we clearly had most possession etc and probably should have converted more of our chances and won the game, but in fact we were hanging on at the end with Falkirk clearly on top in the latter stages.  Whilst I approve of giving our young goalkeeper all the support he needs to continue his improvement, the facts are that he was shaky from the start, and clearly must take the blame for Falkirk scoring direct from a corner.  He did not seem to be impeded, and  in my view, although we away supporters were a long way from the action, seemed just to misjudge it. Their keeper, in comparison, made several good saves which probably made the difference.  Thought there were fairly encouraging signs from McCauley, and if McDonald's left foot rasper just after came on had hit the back of the net, he would have become an instant hero.   Anyway, I enjoyed the game in 'Eagle for Caley's company, and look forward to my next live match.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic