Scotty

13 minutes ago, The Long Man said:

Fantastic result on what was no doubt a difficult night weather wise. Top four, and we can only get better. DU and Ayr are both catchable, and we know County aren't any great shakes. Lot to look forward to for the rest of the season.

As you say none of the teams above us are any great shakes. I ve not been impressed by any of the three and how County are sitting at the top only the man upstairs knows. If we find a level of consistency we may just surprise ourselves and everyone around us! 

Edited by Caledonianfc1885

Well, that must have been a real squeaky bum time for most of the second half.  But, how great to finally win a game where all the stats indicate that we should probably have lost it.  Makes a nice change.  Well done to all concerned.  Maybe there is hope for this season after all.....

Well thank feck I decided to go - full report in the morning due to Scotrail, bus replacements and Smirnoff. We really could have wasted them. Please tell me that Austin went off injured. Polly and Tremarco were immense.MacDonald looks nippy but lightweight, McAulay looks promising- Cam ain't there other than a replacement but did nothing wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

How did Cameron Mackay and Anthony MacDonald look :)? I saw lots of Tweets saying that Anthony was a great signing for us, and regarding Cam, I was worried that the error from Saturday could have affected him? 

A young 'keeper. One mistake. If he has put it behind him then I think we should as well.

Hopefully, Ridgers will be be back on Saturday but, if not, our young custodian will be just fine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

A young 'keeper. One mistake. If he has put it behind him then I think we should as well.

Hopefully, Ridgers will be be back on Saturday but, if not, our young custodian will be just fine.

He pulled off a great save right at the start which could have put us one down.

Wow sounds like a fantastic game well done to all the team.

intersting to note that we are top of the away league so well done to all the away fans for the support you give the team because it could be a factor rather than the critics at the home games.

Just a thought I had when looking at the tables cos we are third  bottom for home results. 

Ive been to a good few away games and our support are brilliant but rubbish at home .

Another two goals conceded tho , we really need to tighten up as we just make it so much more difficult for ourselves, was looking at Liverpool stats for season and they have scored the same number of goals as last season but conceded far less and are on verge of winning league, just goes to prove defences win leagues.

So if we could tighten up at the back in the run in we may just have a wee chance.

Well the highlights say it all but I will slot in a smileymometer later. Young Cammy did well and I thought that his save before half time was the more important stop. At the time I was critical of his Alan Rough impersonation for the second goal but the free kick looks as if it took a mean deflection. Was it poor defending for at least 4 of the 5 goals or was there a sea of divots at the Home End ? And I wish that some of the whinging home fans could have witnessed Polly's performance last night or was he upping his game being watched by the St Jones Town management. Oh and Dougsl - Bairds and the 67 haven't changed a jot.

Great watch but just as I thought gifts at the back two preventable goals due to mistakes.

Cant be giving free kicks away like that and losing the ball allowing the attacker to run in on goal so easily , concentration is key at the back and needs worked on.

In saying that it appeared we were gifted at least one goal too.

Fantastic goal by Polworth tho what a shot , onwards to Patrick game now , 3 wins and 1 draw in our last 4 games can’t be bad as we look forward to County away in the cup .

One thing for sure is these guys are resilient and deserve lots of praise for this,  they seem to have a good team ethic and they fight for each other.

So maybe we should stop the nit picking like I’ve done about the defence,and others have done about the attackers ,and just get behind the team every game enjoying the rollercoaster.

6 minutes ago, Caleyjag said:

Those who were there, McCall said in his post match interview that we had a good 20 minutes and they dominated the rest - McCall sour grapes?

Ian McCall, a bad loser, surely not. I hope there were no open paint tins about !

• Funny 4

I would have said that we started slowly and Ayr could have opened the scoring but we went through a "purple parch" for 15-20 minutes were were simply in total control and again three goals help and two defensive blunders. Ayr did come back just before half time and they were by far in the ascendancy in the second half. Until their first goal and our defensive blunder we were relatively holding them. The goal kick started the crowd and the team. I may be biased but I thought that we deserved the three points although I would not have been surprised if we had been pulled back to yet another draw. The last 10 minutes felt like 10 feck in hours. Given our injuries that was some performance. It does not happen too much these days that we make teams suffer for their mistakes and three well taken goals (although the opener was a we bit flukey). And a round of applause for the small but voiciferous away support and raspberries to the Barstewards and banishing the drum from the main Stand. And that is my 4th away game of the season and our fourth win.:twothumbsup:

Bad error from McCart but he's been pretty solid for us this season regardless of where he was been asked to play in defence. Would like to see him and Donaldson feature as our regular CB pairing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

I would have said that we started slowly and Ayr could have opened the scoring but we went through a "purple parch" for 15-20 minutes were were simply in total control and again three goals help and two defensive blunders. Ayr did come back just before half time and they were by far in the ascendancy in the second half. Until their first goal and our defensive blunder we were relatively holding them. The goal kick started the crowd and the team. I may be biased but I thought that we deserved the three points although I would not have been surprised if we had been pulled back to yet another draw. The last 10 minutes felt like 10 feck in hours. Given our injuries that was some performance. It does not happen too much these days that we make teams suffer for their mistakes and three well taken goals (although the opener was a we bit flukey). And a round of applause for the small but voiciferous away support and raspberries to the Barstewards and banishing the drum from the main Stand. And that is my 4th away game of the season and our fourth win.:twothumbsup:

You will have to attend some home games and our results might improve ?

16 minutes ago, Glen Mhor said:

Great result after all these draws. Well done guys and roll on Saturday. :ictscarf:

Let's hope for a decent turnout of ICT fans at the Dump !

3 wins and only 1 draw in our last 4 games 

no defeats either , we are on a roll

I don't think we can underestimate just how big a win that could be for us, I'm delighted that my prediction was wrong and I apologise for not having faith.

Speaking to Caleyjag a while ago, I said that if someone can go on a decent run they'll either pull away or be right in the mix and I really hope that we can be that team that pushes on and the signs are there, take the frustrating draws away really we are in a good position.

Really hoping that those around us keep taking points from each other as well. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned and unfeatured this topic