ICT v County

DoofersDad

You wonder how Football clubs survived back in the day when the only game shown live was the Scottish cup final.

League games should be 3pm on a Saturday  with the odd night game thrown in not the other way around. 

Our attendances are getting alarmingly worrying as it is wihout playing on a ludicrous night at a stupid kick off time.

Id personally like to ban the BBC from the stadium, the likes of BT Sport are ok but then they have a genuine interest in the Scottish game whereas the BBC has neglected it for decades

Dougal

Edited by dougal
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

It will be interesting to see how much the club gets from this new channel per game.

more likely to be a lump sum added to the championship prize money pot and shared based on finishing position just like the premiership. 

Maybe all those moaning about it could just record it on the Friday night, then sit down at 3pm Sat to watch it and to make them feel better send the £22 that they haven't spent to the club as they are worried that it will suffer.

The clubs have all agreed to this including ICT - lets not forget that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, dougal said:

You wonder how Football clubs survived back in the day when the only game shown live was the Scottish cup final.

League games should be 3pm on a Saturday  with the odd night game thrown in not the other way around. 

Our attendances are getting alarmingly worrying as it is wihout playing on a ludicrous night at a stupid kick off time.

Id personally like to ban the BBC from the stadium, the likes of BT Sport are ok but then they have a genuine interest in the Scottish game whereas the BBC has neglected it for decades

Dougal

I'm assuming this is a fishing trip?

14 minutes ago, IBM said:

Nothing it all goes into the SPFL pot. We get the exposure on TV. 

Hmm, if people watch the championship on tv it may be more likely to put them off going to watch a game in person.

Sounds like we are just following the lead of our cousins down south...Not only do we copy the names of their top leagues but we are doing the Friday night football too.

Only catch is - their tv deal is actually worth something.?

It's a pain in the arse for some because of the fact it has changed and plans may be already in place. 

Personally I quite like the Friday night games under the floodlights. Not being a school night means I can take my daughter too and it frees up the weekend to spend with my family. However it's not so good if like for the Partick game the teams are far apart but for County it works well imo. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Personally I quite like the Friday night games under the floodlights. Not being a school night means I can take my daughter too and it frees up the weekend to spend with my family. However it's not so good if like for the Partick game the teams are far apart but for County it works well imo. 

I don't have a problem with Friday games either really just prefer it if they are played at a more normal time and the fans know well in advance so they can make arrangements to get to games.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RiG said:

I don't have a problem with Friday games either really just prefer it if they are played at a more normal time and the fans know well in advance so they can make arrangements to get to games.

Exfeckinactly - I have booked in for the Saturday and Sunday and that is now fooked.

12 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Problem is though its at the expense of loyal fans. 

I agree. It's a difficult compromise but the brutal bottom line is that we are barely attracting two thousand fans when games are played at three o'clock on a Saturday and the modest amount we still get from the TV companies is what keeps us, just about, viable as a full time club.

6 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I agree. It's a difficult compromise but the brutal bottom line is that we are barely attracting two thousand fans when games are played at three o'clock on a Saturday and the modest amount we still get from the TV companies is what keeps us, just about, viable as a full time club.

What modest amount is the club going to get?

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Which helps attract sponsors and advertisers. 

The great Jock Stein once said “Football is nothing without fans” 

I fully understand you endorse the franchised model when it comes to football clubs but he was right without fans the game will die

Dougal

• Agree 2