Oakley

Bronson

Maybe not the best move for George as he could only get a few months in the premiership and then be back in the championship.

The very fact we have allowed him to go means he wasnt in the longterm plans of Robbo as I wouldnt imagine we would have got a lot of money for him.

Wish the lad well in his future career, maybe see him in the playoffs.

I've not been to many games this season but from what I saw last season I didn't think Oakley was that good a striker.  He certainly wasn't the sort of striker who would fire you to the title in this league.  He was also out of contract at the end of the season and if we thought he wasn't going to re-sign and isn't a starter then cashing in, even if it'll be pennies in the scheme of things, could be the right thing to do.

He was a good contributor though and it leaves us with two senior strikers, one of whom is really injury prone.  I'm cynical about the youth players - every post-match interview it seems we've got coaching staff talking about how good our youth players are but we never play any of them and have now signed a Hearts youth player who has gone straight into the first team.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

image.png.806a783d3949e413d96a228821ef55be.png

I understand some feel that Oakley was arguably the best striker out of the three senior ones at the club. but stats both in appearance and start ratios to goals scored present a different picture.

I agree with ictchris and  maybe it was the correct decision to cash in on him if he wasnt in Robbos plans going forward.

Oh dear - Gorgeous George gone and, now the nerds find the %s to justify.  Why?  The ladies are bereft that gorgeous George is with Hamilton.   Will the ladies follow Hamilton?  Time will tell.  

A player like Oakley with his contract due to end in the summer would have been lucky to net us £10k.  Even if they felt sorry for us and paid double that, howow desperate do we have to be for that to be a sum we couldn't turn down?

1 minute ago, Buster said:

A player like Oakley with his contract due to end in the summer would have been lucky to net us £10k.  Even if they felt sorry for us and paid double that, howow desperate do we have to be for that to be a sum we couldn't turn down?

More like 10 bob! for the youngsters 50p

5 minutes ago, lizi said:

Oh dear - Gorgeous George gone and, now the nerds find the %s to justify.  Why?  The ladies are bereft that gorgeous George is with Hamilton.   Will the ladies follow Hamilton?  Time will tell.  

You would never fit in to the Hamilton Young Team.

A deal was also on the cards earlier for Austin to go to Partick and storey coming to us. Looks like it's fallen through though. Why robbo wanting rid of two of our strikers? 

Nicky Clark on loan from Dundee utd is sisterhood also a possibility if they get the man their after

Dutd are supposed to have got Sow and with their other recruitment will make them significantly stronger now coupled with the strength of County I wouldn't be surprised if the ICT board are already cutting costs to plan for next year still in the championship.

• Agree 1