Inverness CT -V- Partick Th

Scotty

13 hours ago, RednBlackComeback said:

John Robertson...."...... Away from home, we've got a small band of fans that get right behind the team but at home they don't seem to do that."

Not condoning JR here but I think he has point. Atmosphere has always been better at away games than at home games. Main reason I think is the fact that we're always is the same section at away games.  At home we're well spread out in two stands. Take away the seats in the North stand and replace it with the Howden End and you might be on a winner. Something on the park to shout about would also help. Things like attacking football and goalmouth action. Ah those were the days.

• Agree 2

I too agree with Robbo's comments but he really picked the wrong day to say it! None of what happened yesterday was anyone elses fault but his own. Wrong set up from start and it all went downhill. 

Caleyaway is a small but loyal band of fans some of  whom seldom attend home games. You dont ever hear the criticism/pickiness that I hear week in and out at home. Football at home is mainly a joyless watch. Its not helped by performances like yesterday however. 

Edited by old caley girl
  • Agree 4

Used to go to awAy games years ago not obvs your gonna be louder no kids with u and a few beers before the game always helps! Atmosphere at home is gash but give fans something to cheer and they will look at Dunfermline game end of last season when we had a right go place was jumping! 

• Agree 4

Was surprised to see Donaldson on the bench, thought he had a groin op? Must be going for the full tear as he didn't look fit- missing tackles & fouling quite a bit when he came on.

Their first goal was a bit of a shambles,  both defence and keeper froze at the same time...ball was lost in the sun momentarily. Not much you can do about that I guess - they used to wear caps for that. ?

Shell shocked !! What I think I watched yesterday was a bunch of amateurs playing together a game of kick about on a field. Worst performance this season giving the ball away with every second pass, little organisation at the back and complete lack of thrust at the front.. I felt sorry for Donaldson being thrown on when he was obviously out of sorts and not ready in fitness. I haven't read or heard Robbo's comments as yet but from this thread I gather there must have been criticism of the home support? Well from where I was sitting in the main stand most of the shouts were of support and encouragement, Well yes there was some moans and groans too but these were resultant of some of the many howlers the team was making and believe me most of the criticism was justifiable.

Where on earth is the bustling forward we need to panic and upset defences ?? why were the crosses so poor in the second half, was it because Rooney was taken off?  He is generally good going forward and generally gets the ball in the right places. We badly missed Doran and Walsh and I hope Tremarco is back next game along with a much fitter Donaldson.

As a footnote Partick's unsporting behaviour of fouling and time wasting was atrocious and just how long does it take a Referee to write the names of offenders in his note book? This one wasted minutes on his own.

• Agree 1

Worst performance of the season so far. JR  comments shows a complete lack of respect for the fans that turned out to watch that drivel. Route one football and hoping that the ball drops to one of our players. There are no tactics just lump in box and see what happens. it does not take a genius to work out how PT play. Two banks of four they are fighting for our lives.  Their keeper did not have to make a save to make but that is the supporters fault? Supporters should have their say they pay their money and we have been shocking at home all season. Players are just not fit enough and cant keep hold of ball. Frustrating to say the least.  JR comments will turn more fans away. Playoffs - I would be looking at teams below us that are all improving.

• Agree 4

Robbo is out of order saying what he did look at the atmosphere at the home & away Derby's ? He has really shown his true personality now any decent manager would of accepted the blame yesterday for that shambles and attempt to sort it but nothing will change he knows his job is safe no matter what. Partick are fighting for their lives and it showed yesterday while we seemed to think it's ok we are in Top 4 no need to push on and why is it Partick can get their post match interview public by 6pm and we will be lucky if at all to get one by tonight. We are amateur's from bottom to top with no signs of it getting better. Foran may well have put the nail in the coffin but with his attitude Robbo will slam the lid shut.

• Agree 4

Utter rubbish as a lot have said, no wonder our home crowds are down to circa 2000. Brad McKay is a train crash and everyone but Robbo can see that. We are in real trouble and next season heading for our lowest ever season ticket sales figures if what a large number of people I have talked to are saying.

• Agree 4

Look at how many key players were injured before the game. Rooney picked up an injury quite early on as did Polly.  With Coll on the bench this was a major surprise but clearly the lack of defensive cover probably speeded up the need for his return.  Carl was also on the bench and again obviously not ready for a safe return. So with Brad making a mistake for the second goal the decision at half time was not easy for Robbo. His choices were limited especially as McDonald looked quite ineffective and light. Being a football manager is not easy and currently the club is really stretched player wise. 

22 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Any idea how many walking wounded should be back for the cup tie? A run in the cup is probably as important as making the playoffs.

The only thing that was in the P & J last week was that Doran was likely to be out for two weeks which might mean he could be back.  I hope Ridgers, Donaldson and Tremarco are going to be fit for the cup game.  

On Saturday, Ridgers indicated he was almost fit when I saw him in the shop before the game. Tremarco should be fine as McHattie was there as cover. Hopefully Coll is match fit.

I'm in London on Monday night, so relying on the BBC text commentary to make me enjoy the evening!

On 2/8/2019 at 11:43 PM, Robert said:

On Saturday, Ridgers indicated he was almost fit when I saw him in the shop before the game. Tremarco should be fine as McHattie was there as cover. Hopefully Coll is match fit.

I'm in London on Monday night, so relying on the BBC text commentary to make me enjoy the evening!

I’m sure you could get game on bbcIplayer

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned, unfeatured, pinned and unpinned this topic