Worrying Low Home Attendances

dougal

Football is an entertainment business. If you don't get entertained you don't go back. This is the problem we spent nearly half our existence in the top flight. We got entertained folk turned out to watch the bigger clubs like the old firm, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts etc come to the TCS. playing alloa greenock Morton etc on a cold icy windy Saturday afternoon down the TCS doesn't gave the same appeal. Hearts, Hibs and Rangers all lots thousands of attendees to matches when they were in the lower leagues we are no different. The product to be entertained is not there it's as simple as that.

• Agree 3

Simple answer is improve the quality on the pitch, it's not rocket science.

There will always be a hard core element of fans who'll go no matter what, then you get the element who on the whole will go if they haven't got anything else planned then you have the rest who will go when the team plays well.

Happens at every club in proportion and will always continue that way. I fall into the middle category where life dictates when I can go and this season has slipped away from me but I'd love to go to more. No amount of match day entertainment or better facilities will change that for me and I believe that the increased costs involved for putting on this type of activity outweighs the benefits through the turnstile.

• Agree 3

Just a wee correction. At no time have I said that the club, ICT,  should  bring on POM-POM girls. The comparison of North American entertainment techniques to what is offered (as it seems ) at Tulloch C. Stadium was suggested to draw attention to the fact that the North American modes of entertainment with marching bands and Pom Pom girls is not related at all to ogling spectators  but to precision drilling and girls who all love to perform in front of their  very large and appreciative audience. These young ladies  work and train very hard at their techniques and moves and to suggest that wearing short skirts is a set-up that is nothing more than a sexy turn-on is far , far from the truth. The finished product is colourful and unbelievably spectacular and represents a reflection of the effort put into training and mastery of singular move precision. Honestly it's awe -inspiring sometimes. And, let's face it, if the girls wore granny dresses instead of small costume skirts then they would hardly be able to kick as high as their shoulders now would they?

And, to please IHE , I must suggest that if  the crowd likes their legs as well then so what? . Circuses show lovely gals as well but nobody complains. It all adds up to a great afternoon of entertainment including great music , colour and moves. And what's wrong with beauty on show? We all like beautiful things don't we IHE?  And THAT IS really what I think might be missing at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium, entertainment that is different..I suggested  a well-schooled pipe band  but nobody wanted that apparently. "What's up ? Too costly? Then do without and watch the crowds dwindling and /or face reality. But please try it first before condemnation  raises it's ugly head I say.

• Facepalm 2