Caley Away Superiority Complex

dougal

Robbo alluded to this very subject yesterday in his post match comments.

Robbo we do indeed have a minority away support that create a better atmosphere than the entire home support however they aren’t the ones paying your wages ya rocket.

Caley Away are lining the pockets of all the other clubs they visit and they should remember that instead of coming on here and shouting how good they are compared to the home support

This is the time that all fans home and away should unite it’s not all about my dads bigger and better than your dad.

Dougal

• Facepalm 3

43 minutes ago, dougal said:

Caley Away are lining the pockets of all the other clubs they visit and they should remember that instead of coming on here and shouting how good they are compared to the home support

Outstanding bait. 

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Satan said:

It's just a Scottish football trait...

Small band of vocal away fans singing 'what a shitey home support' every week.

In our case it's always correct .

Exactly an away days a bit of craic and bevy away from the sprogs ! Look at us at home out sung by half a dozen queen of the south fans! 

20 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Boring bestards like Dougal don't know what having the craic is.

Well I will give you a comparison from my own experience.

I went to Stenhousemuir in the Scottish cup early nineties on the bus organised by Finlay’s Bar. Maybe you were on it but then again you might have been in the East end of Glasgow that afternoon? 

Now that was an away day probably only bettered by St Johnstone in the replay same campaign I think!

The away day now is now unrecognisable you are sitting amongst numerous blue rinses where the highlight of the journey is sampling the home baking that they take turns distributing each week and that sadly is no fishing trip.

Dougal

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Feck me Dougal - Been on the lash to Ochilview far too many times to remember individual games !!!  To me though the camaraderie and craic at Away Days is one of the main reasons that I keep going.

So the fact that you don’t have a season ticket ,rarely attend home games and freely admit to not buying official merchandise you ain’t really adding to the coffers or contributing to the club you seem to have a lot to say about then?

Dougal

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, dougal said:

So the fact that you don’t have a season ticket ,rarely attend home games and freely admit to not buying official merchandise you ain’t really adding to the coffers or contributing to the club you seem to have a lot to say about then?

Dougal

I have had a season ticket for umpteen years, buy the Club merchandise, sponsor a player AND go to away games.  I don’t have a blue rinse and never do home baking.  However I think you have a very biased idea of ICT fans, home and away.   Since you haven’t been on a supporters bus since the 90s - by your own admission - how come you can spout your views on the current away supporters buses?  

• Agree 4

Caley Away are quite clearly the upper echelon compared to your common or garden ICT fan but debate rages as to which faction of Caley Away sits at the top table, votes please on the following: 

The Very Young Team (NSB, UI18 et al) 
The Older Youngish Team (seem to have largely grown out of it and disappeared)
30 something Central Belt Crew 
Random Younger Independent Diehards
Expat Sneck Students (incl. non-sneck mates who look bored to death)
Last of the Summer Wine Lunatic Fringe
Supporters Bus Worthies 
Blue Rinse Brigade
Random non-aligned Old Team

I'm going for the Random Younger Independent Diehards.  Avoid the herd mentality, plough a solitary furrow and turn up everywhere from Highland League pre-seasons to mid week Irn-Bru Cup replays in Stranraer.  Respect is due.

:ictscarf::fishing: 

• Funny 2

59 minutes ago, ymip said:

Caley Away are quite clearly the upper echelon compared to your common or garden ICT fan but debate rages as to which faction of Caley Away sits at the top table, votes please on the following: 

The Very Young Team (NSB, UI18 et al) 
The Older Youngish Team (seem to have largely grown out of it and disappeared)
30 something Central Belt Crew 
Random Younger Independent Diehards
Expat Sneck Students (incl. non-sneck mates who look bored to death)
Last of the Summer Wine Lunatic Fringe
Supporters Bus Worthies 
Blue Rinse Brigade
Random non-aligned Old Team

I'm going for the Random Younger Independent Diehards.  Avoid the herd mentality, plough a solitary furrow and turn up everywhere from Highland League pre-seasons to mid week Irn-Bru Cup replays in Stranraer.  Respect is due.

:ictscarf::fishing: 

I'll go for the very young team boys who slugged it out with rivals from Brechin to Dingwall guys who put there very lives on the line toe to toe with any1!

On 2/4/2019 at 3:58 AM, Hearach said:

Dougal if you were at game about 25 years ago you must be very close to blue rinse yourself. As for home baking you must have been on a WRI outing and are getting mixed up. 

He used to have a blue rinse but shaved it off in protest!

Whatever anyone thinks about Caleyaway fans they definitely get behind the team so much better than the home fans.

100 % agree what Robbo was saying , not that he just blamed the home fans but said it was different to what the team gets on the road .

I have no problem with shouts of frustration , it’s mainly the quietness and lack of any atmosphere that’s the problem.

As for the team being rubbish , then why are we top of the away league but 8th in the home league that’s the point Robbo was trying to get across , of course it’s not all down to the fans at home , he is just looking for answers and lack of home support contrasted to loud vocal support may be part of the answer.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1