Disgraceful attitude of a tiny minority of ICT fans

Elginer500

4 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

What is it they are supposed to be more open about?

4 hours ago, ictbob said:

Maybe if the club were more open about what's going on then maybe people wouldn't get so frustrated 

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Agreed. The almost total lack of communication by the current regime is increasingly weakening the bond between club and fans.

If that bond is broken it will be very difficult to repair.

I agree with Eagle4Caley. I keep reading that the board/club need to be more open/communicate more but communicate what exactly. Is the communication worse now than previously, in my opinion it isn't any worse or better than previous boards and to suggest or imply this is affecting attendances is nonsense. The majority of fans attend each week because they want to support their club, they don't attend thinking what are the board going to say this week. That is not to say they don't care or are not interested but in terms of attending a match, it is of little relevance. I simply don't see fans of other clubs demanding the board need to communicate more as a pre-requisite to some fans actually attending matches which some appear to be suggesting. Our attendances in the Championship are probably the third lowest with Falkirk getting at least double ours, is this because their board communicate more, I very much doubt it.

• Agree 7

2 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

My workplace is full of bullying! Not kwl abusing the players but tbh it gets way to much coverage on here iv seen more abuse shouted at my boys under 13 games! Can't see how some1 shouting your ***** would suddenly turn u ***** lol

Aye fair enough, guess it depends what kind of job one does and that. 

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Well now you've posted on CTO it'll make all the difference and I'm sure your matchday experience next time will be instantly better instead of having the issue addressed at the time and the culprit warned such that they understand what is acceptable and may modify future behaviour.

Lol :)

19 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

A bit like primary school tho ain't it grassing up your fellow fan for saying big Whites playing gash ffs where would it end grassing coz some1 eased ahead of u in the toilet line!

Ha ha! Lol, yeah totally! I don't want a steak pie thrown at me, too scrummy anyway and what a waste :) 

• Funny 1

19 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Well the way I see it there's 3 options

1. Address the situation

2. Move seat (plenty options considering so many moaning about low crowds)

3. Ignore it and get on with life

Posting online isn't one that's worthwhile or will do anything positive and will in fact potentially make others not want to go to matches if they think this is rife.

Good! Im quite happy if they don't go to matches, go to aggression anonymous instead.

I sometimes wonder if the people who come to the TCS and spend much of the time whinging and moaning and shouting abuse at the players also go to Eden Court and shout insults if someone in the orchestra strikes a false note or an actor fluffs a line. If not, what on earth thinks they can behave that way at the football.

What is the motivation of these fans ?   I realise they wish to show their disappointment and displeasure at performances.  Is it just a young male problem ? Is it a society problem ?. I say this because , I see very little respect in he media , for important members of society .  People these days  do not hold back in venting their frustration, in ways in my day would not have  been   tolerated. I have no answer ?

My Dad always said " treat other people as you would wish to be treated yourself, courtesy costs nothing".   If people do not enjoy their football, why go to the matches?

Imagine if these supporters were Notts County fans, the oldest club in football, founder member of the original football league, about to drop out of the EFL into obscurity. They  would really have something to moan about.

!!! Yes Johnjo   you will see them at Chorley next year, amazing !!!

Edited by Laurence
addto
  • Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, Laurence said:

SWhat is the motivation of these fans ?   I realise they wish to show their disappointment and displeasure at performances.  Is it just a young male problem ? Is it a society problem ?. I say this because , I see very little respect in he media , for important members of society .  People these days  do not hold back in venting their frustration, in ways in my day would not have  been   tolerated. I have no answer ?

My Dad always said " treat other people as you would wish to be treated yourself, courtesy costs nothing".   If people do not enjoy their football, why go to the matches?

Imagine if these supporters were Notts County fans, the oldest club in football, founder member of the original football league, about to drop out of the EFL into obscurity. They  would really have something to moan about.

!!! Yes Johnjo   you will see them at Chorley next year, amazing !!!

Yep totally agree with you! I think it is a society problem, its a parenting problem and its an ignorant person's issue with low self confidence which is manifested through acts of verbal aggression. Sure i felt down and a bit bewildered at our game plan against Partick (and im no expert) but i would never shout the comments at Polworth or Mackay after they made a mistake. If its any conciliation, i wanted to applaud Storey when he came off. He was awesome for us in the premiership and he excelled up the wing on sat, bravo young man :)

Edited by Elginer500
  • Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 1

Fckin mad eh don't shout myself gotta say tho if I didn't have the kids I might be different footy ain't church end of the day people care it's there team ffs the players can come and go supporters always be there to a lot of our fans icts just a second wee team I think they ain't that fussed if they win loose or draw where the guys who give it large could well be old highland league die yards who at least expect the players to try !

On 2/5/2019 at 1:51 PM, Laurence said:

People these days  do not hold back in venting their frustration, in ways in my day would not have  been   tolerated. I have no answer ?

What utter nonsense, back in my day blah blah blah.

I've been going to football matches for near 30hrs, various clubs the length and breadth of the country not necessarily to watch ICT just to see a game and have heard fans all over react like said fan mentioned in the original post. It happens everywhere, at every ground, every week of the season and it won't change.

Yes there's ways to go about it but no one person is the same and everyone reacts differently, if you take offence to it do something about it, don't take to an online fans forum and vent your frustration making out it's much worse than it is.

It paints a bad light on the rest of the fans.

• Agree 3