Scottish Cup Pitch Flag

CaleyD

Scottish Cup Pitch Flag  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should I...

• Auction the complete flag?
    • Frame pieces and offer them as a memento of the day?

Caley D

What would it cost to have it framed, with  glass added ,to preserve it for the future with an intent to hand it over to the club.

It does appear to be a largish item but please contact me by email or phone  to discuss the cost of full and proper framing as above and I will be happy to make a significant contribution to your kitty for this purpose.

Scarlet

• Funny 2

16 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Caley D

What would it cost to have it framed, with  glass added ,to preserve it for the future with an intent to hand it over to the club.

It does appear to be a largish item but please contact me by email or phone  to discuss the cost of full and proper framing as above and I will be happy to make a significant contribution to your kitty for this purpose.

Scarlet

Scarlet - you do realise that this is about 50 FEET x 30 FEET (1500 square feet). Thats one hell of a piece of glass !

You do have a point though ... perhaps there is a way for the club to come to some agreement with CaleyD and display it - mural-like - somewhere in the stadium and put it behind perspex or something to protect it ..... after they have negotiated using it at Hampden again of course ?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Caley D

Scarlet

Where we got that's big enough to hang it on the wall? ?

47 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Where we got that's big enough to hang it on the wall? ?

Like I've already said about hanging it in the stands what about the below photo

image.png.e14cd95792656bd4896927540708ed93.png

Inside of of the stand of the outside of it. If it was on the outside of the stadium maybe the club could have signs up or something along those lines about us winning the cup. Thoughts?

41 minutes ago, WYNESS101 said:

Like I've already said about hanging it in the stands what about the below photo

Inside of of the stand of the outside of it. If it was on the outside of the stadium maybe the club could have signs up or something along those lines about us winning the cup. Thoughts?

Nah, I was on about when she said about framing it. Otherwise, it's a decent idea.

Edited by Jack Waddington

2 hours ago, WYNESS101 said:

As nice as it would be, given the weather and salt off the water I wouldn't imagine it would last all that long exposed constantly like that. 

Oops! 

The same thoughts occurred to me--unless it is completely watertight there is no point in going to all the effort and expense.

That size would sure be a bit costly . Phew!     :tongue:     

However, my offer stands if it is to be KEPT, AND-OR, displayed inside and being inside will , hopefully, last for years and years. Outside it will crumble probably so why bother?

A moth eaten rag on a worm eaten pole.

It doesn't seem likely to stir a man's soul.

Tis the deeds that were done neath that moth eaten rag 

When the pole was a staff and the rag was the flag!

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/4/2019 at 6:18 PM, WYNESS101 said:

Best idea on here so far. Surely the club can reimburse the costs and then use it as a positive spin and advertising (not sure on how much it cost CaleyD but as a club I'm sure we spunk much more on needless crap and board 'expenses')? Now we are in a SC semi and another Hampden trip they must have learned lessons from last time when nothing seemed to be done on the back of the cup win such that marketing & promotion uses this as the tool?

Do you actually think that the club will offer a penny for the framing etc. when the budget is so fragile.? I doubt it.

Have it assessed by a truly professional shop with an expert who really knows what he is talking about and get a quote. Then bargain !!!!!! :ponder:

This really is a priceless item that will resonate for years if handled carefully. Good luck , anyway and cheers from a frigid Western Canada.

Scarlet

Er….? Who is David Dowling?  

Is he the gent who invented the things that go into holes in woodwork to keep them steady and sure?

If not, we might be howling....and /or.....growling?

O.K. Maybe just frame it and hang it like a picture inside the club on the wall of the Boardroom...…….or..?

• Funny 1

11 minutes ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

O.K. Maybe just frame it and hang it like a picture inside the club on the wall of the Boardroom...…….or..?

Need a very big frame.

Need a very big wall to hang it on.

Need a very big boardroom with aforementioned very big wall.

This flag is huge.

Good point. Satan.

The boardroom I went into with  the former Chairman a few years ago when I was last over would, then, maybe be too small?  

Unless you wrapped it round the corners at the end of the long walls? That would work would it not---with frame hinges of course.?  :cool:  

Over and out to the younger, more nimble, minds of the ICTOnline set! :whistle:

9 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Er….? Who is David Dowling? 

Boss (I assume he's still there) of this company - https://www.cairngormgroup.co.uk/ - which was plain old Cairngorm Windows when I were a lad.  He rescued Clach from oblivion many years ago.

I don't know when you left Sneck, but his father Alistair - always known as Allie - was well-known for being a world class pipe band drummer and coach, and an expert on roses, as well as running the company.

There you go, Snorbens.!

Looks like a busy shop, anyways.

Ask an interested question and get an interesting answer. :cheer01::mountie:

You can ask me any question you like about Canada and I will endeavour to answer in the vein in which it is asked. None of this though.##$$&&***##:tongue:

• 1 year later...
15 minutes ago, RiG said:

Why are you selling that number plate? :sad: That's a brilliant registration! 

Getting a company car.  If I don't get the asking price (or very near) then I'll keep it and put it on retention until I have my own car again at some point in future.

• Thank You 1