Having a ball

Gringo

https://ictfc.com/inverness-caledonian-thistle-25th-anniversary-ball-saturday-2nd-march

Anybody going to this? Only three weeks to save up for a ticket. Dancing right through to 12.30pm on Sunday 3rd too according to the advert. :amazed: :party:

You only need to wear a black tie too.  :moon02:

• Like 1

Think I'll have to give this one a miss. Seems very odd though. Typo aside.

>Announced with only 3 weeks to go. No time to save up, people often already have plans. Hell, my daughter's 8th birthday party is on the 9th and invitations are out. 

>£120 a head, way above the affordable range of the average fan. Especially if you're going with the better half.

>No mention of anything that actually makes it a special ICT occasion e.g. players from past 25 years on each table/former manager as a speaker etc. Just sounds like the average sportsman dinner affair. 

>Ryan Esson's testimonial dinner in May is half the price in the same hotel and has at least announced a well known footballing name as a speaker!

I'm sure it'll be a nice night but it doesn't look like one designed for fans if I'm being honest. Looks like it was for the corporate/business crowd and it didn't sell enough so has (late in the day) gone out to the average joes. 

• Agree 3

Looks like they forgot two lines.

So look out the gladrags and the dicky bow tie
We are going to party and show that this club is really swell
When you join our celebrations at The Kingsmills Hotel
For an evening of memories, nostalgia and tales to tell

And there is a free bar all night as well - And a free celebration party bag too precious to sell

• Funny 1

I've spoken to a few local businesses and they certainly didn't get any early invites.  I'm afraid this looks like a classic case of th eclub trying to do something right and ending up scoring a bit of an OG.  £120 a skull is brutal - they need to be a bit more specific with what you are getting for your cash but as Fraz stated, if you take your Mrs you are £240 before you have had a beer at £5 a pint.  Hefty...  I just think it seems quite poorly organised - the 25 year anniversary can't have been a surprise? 

• Agree 1

I was aware that the ball was being held sometime soon but hadn't seen any details listed anywhere, so I contacted the club last week to ask when the details were going to be issued. I was informed that all season ticket holders had been sent e-mails at the end of last year giving dates and costs etc. I certainly did not receive an e-mail. Since then, a relative of mine who has no interest in football, let alone ICT,  has informed me that he is going as a guest of someone with connections to the club, and has known for some time. I am curious to know if any other season ticket holders did not receive an e-mail, or if my omission was a genuine blip. I hope I am wrong, but it looks suspiciously to me, that the £120 ticket price and the late notification has been designed to discourage the average fans from attending. 

I get lots of e-mails from the club, and yes im a season ticket holder, but never got an e-mail regarding this ball.

I knew about it due to my work as the owner of the business I work for got an invite to purchase a table.  The supporters trust also got an invite to purchase a table but there was nothing as far as I could see generally advertising the ball until last week.

12 minutes ago, highlandexile said:

I get lots of e-mails from the club, and yes im a season ticket holder, but never got an e-mail regarding this ball.

I knew about it due to my work as the owner of the business I work for got an invite to purchase a table.  The supporters trust also got an invite to purchase a table but there was nothing as far as I could see generally advertising the ball until last week.

When were these invites received? 

Great to see the club thinking of the supporters by setting a ticket price of £120 and once again managing to **** up details. Community club - aye right! Only the wealthy few will enjoy this event so I hope the club can survive on their ongoing contributions.

From what I know Liam Dalgarno and Gordy Fyffe on our Board along with Charlie Christie are organizing a load of other things for the 25th anniversary. This is just one thing .  The tickets are`nt cheap at £100 plus VAT per skull but hopefully we can raise plenty dosh for the club.

To be honest  cannae mind getting an email about it myself.

I ll try and find out where the list of things that are planned for the ICT25 year are. 

• Agree 1