Ross County -v- Inverness CT

jed5697

Every time we're ahead we make defensive subs then try to ride out the game and every time we get punched in the face for it.  Back to Caley Stadium for the replay and Robbo will be able to blame the home fans if it all goes wrong there.  It's not better fans these players deserve, it's better management.

What on earth was our back 4 doing farting about on the half way line in injury time?  Terrible defending.

I'd imagine Chalmers will also be getting an earful for wasting possession just before that with a ridiculous pot shot from 30 yards.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Hiro said:

What on earth was our back 4 doing farting about on the half way line in injury time?  Terrible defending.

I'd imagine Chalmers will also be getting an earful for wasting possession just before that with a ridiculous pot shot from 30 yards.

Willie Miller quote : Caley Thistle had the game won but there was no sign of a defensive performance in the last 10 minutes to hold on to that lead. And they were caught out.

• Agree 1

Always happens when Trafford comes on we seem to sit back and usually loose a goal ngolo Kante he ain't ! Team played well the night should've won fox had a few good saves mainly from range tho still needing a penalty box striker hopefully Daniel Mackay be back soon where's wee mcgregor that's a player!

7 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Willie Miller quote : Caley Thistle had the game won but there was no sign of a defensive performance in the last 10 minutes to hold on to that lead. And they were caught out.

Sadly, taking out league form into the cup in that regard.

The positives are that, for the fourth time this season, we matched our wealthier neighbours and are still in the cup with a winnable quarter final in prospect if we prevail.

However, in order for that to be a realistic prospect, Robbo has to realise at long last that we are not good enough to defend a lead no matter how many defensive substitutions he makes.

The only way for us to defend a lead is to continue to do what earned us the lead in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

4th game in a row that we’ve conceded 2 goals. We simply don’t have the attacking prowess to be scoring 3 a game, so hopefully after a period of makeshiftedness our defenders can quickly get back to full fitness and play as a more solid unit.

Defence looked worse once Col went off and McKay went to centre half, was always a case of trying to hang on after that enforced change. 

Cant believe we don’t have the guile and savvy to see a game out, not a bunch of kids we have playing.

• Agree 3

Just knew they were going to equalise...….ended up hanging on

An old ICT characteristic : grab a lead and then invite the opposition onto them. Have lost count of the number of times we have taken the lead this season and then been pulled back.

Good draw : let's hope we can win the replay. The Arabs are no great shakes and a semi  final at Hampden would be at worst good for the coffers.

Again we should have won but didn't. As was highlighted by their management team county do not give up and keep looking for something to happen so fair play to them. We were not smart at the end as we only had to keep ball in their half for a couple of minutes at the end. Nothing Robbo could have done then the players know it was an opportunity missed. Please can we finally beat them next week and crack on. 

Seemed to me that having the extra man in midfield was a masterstroke by Robbo because County were not getting service to Gardyne or McKay. Is that something new or does he do that in all games because, if not, then he certainly should because it worked at least for 45 minutes. 

For me, Tremarco was man of the match because he was excellent tonight, Ridgers handling was great plus he made a great save just before half time. 

I just wish we could hold on to a bloody lead because it's becoming ridiculous now! 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, CaleyTennis said:

Seemed to me that having the extra man in midfield was a masterstroke by Robbo because County were not getting service to Gardyne or McKay. Is that something new or does he do that in all games because, if not, then he certainly should because it worked at least for 45 minutes. 

For me, Tremarco was man of the match because he was excellent tonight, Ridgers handling was great plus he made a great save just before half time. 

I just wish we could hold on to a bloody lead because it's becoming ridiculous now! 

Couldn’t agree more.

Really enjoyed that and, but for their keeper, we would have won it by a goal or two.   Mind you, Ridgers had a good game too, but MOM without a doubt was Tremarco.

I was actually at Oxford Utd v Sunderland last Saturday.  I have a pal who is a Sunderland fan and Oxford is as close as they get these days to where we live in Berks. There is often a lot of talk down here about how poor Scottish football is, but tonight's game was far superior to Saturday's in every aspect.  OK it was only EL1 but Sunderland are not that long out of the English Premiership!  So well done to both sides tonight for trying to play football, and certainly giving both sets of fans some excitement.

Pity we couldn't hold on for a deserved win, but all to play for in the replay next week, and Dundee Utd   in next round must give us a good chance of advancement.

Onwards and upwards!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Watched it on the goggle box and I thought we played really well. After reading the reports from our last game I was fearing the worse. We could have (and should have) won this game if it wasn't for Fox in their goal. Having said that, County missed a few as well. Sad to say we are not mature enough to hold on to the ball for more than a few seconds and are unable to defend when the pressure is on (or off). Great opportunity to progress now but I our home form isn't the greatest. Extra time and pens anyone?

Let's be positive about this result. We brought back five key players who had been absent from quite a few games after a range of injuries. We do not know whether they were all 100% fit but they were all fighting for the City. From that point of view it was a great result against a Club able to splash the cash probably on the same scale as Dundee United. We must hope Coll's injury was not on top of the previous injury. Yes, we were a bit naive for their injury time equaliser but our season is about learning and this might be the painful moment that turns things around.  

I thought I might feel a bit less angry about the end of that game after I'd slept on it. Nope, turns out I'm just as angry.

We've led in sixteen of our last twenty-seven games - and held onto that lead in just eight. That's a dreadful record, and even more so because it's the same pattern again and again. We sit deeper and deeper, we look nervous in possession, we make bad decisions, and we give away goals through individual errors.

Some of it - Chalmers' idiotic shot from distance in the 90th minute when he had an easy pass on - is either players being panicky or just plain thick. This isn't a team of kids; they really should be capable of keeping their heads under pressure.

Other bits such as the substitutions are a coaching issue. Either accept you're under siege and bring on a defender (McHattie at LB with Tremarco going more central) to deal with it properly, or bring on a player with fresh legs who will at least cover a lot of ground, chase the ball and maybe offer a counterattack threat (Austin or MacGregor). For the love of god, don't bring on a central midfielder with the turning circle of a bus who neither protects the defence nor offers any quality in possession. It does us no favours at all. And yet every bloody time Robbo seems to think bringing Trafford on will protect our lead. What's did Einstein claim the definition of insanity was again?

I didn't think we were all that great last night, but we were much better than County. The problem is that I can't see County being that lousy next week, whereas it's very easy to see us being our own worst enemy yet again.

• Agree 2

We have squandered more leads this season and gone on to lose or draw more often than any other senior team in the United Kingdom.

We are, more often than not, good enough to take the lead against almost anyone. However, until we become astute enough to hold onto those leads we will make no progress whatsoever..

Every single fan can see where we are going wrong. Time to get it sorted while we still have a chance of promotion and making progress in the cup.

• Agree 2

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic