Ross County -v- Inverness CT

jed5697

Decent performance in my opinion we matched County once again but the real problem here is JR’s inability to kill off teams tactically once we get the lead. He can blame the defence all he wants but it’s the same defence tactically he sets out week in week out

I think the replay is a huge game now for Robbo, he has to change something and I would start to try and play the game on the deck I just think we are too predictable and County know that now

Bigger park will actually suit County next week so we can’t afford to set up the same like last night.

Dougal

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Oh my, we're getting awful hard to please.

We are Caley Thistle, not Barcelona. Some of these guys might be *****, but they are our *****. Instead of the constant negativity, how about we just support the team.

Spot on tm4j. I am astonished though not surprised at some of the criticism and negativity after last night's game. Had it been us scoring the late equaliser, I doubt there would be so much negativity. This is not the best team we have ever had but it is not the worst either. One mistake last night cost us and it is systematic of our season that every mistake we make costs us big time. The players gave their all last night but for many that isn't good enough. Some have blamed the board for falling attendances but perhaps the constant negativity on this forum also plays a part. Maybe we have got the team we deserve.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Gregor said:

Have to say thought White was excellent last night and creates space for Doran and  Walsh.

However These two players need to play the bigman in at least a couple of times last night,  as while at game was listening to radio Scotland coverage Willie Miller said that Walsh lacked composure when he lashed ball over bar ,if he had looked up and squared it to White it was a tap in. He said White as at back post screaming for it. Also commentator said he had very little service all night. 

The bigman puts in some shift and is constantly helping going back to help out the defence every corner and free kick. Something that seems overlooked by some fans.

Really can’t understand the constant negativity he gets from some on here and on social media.

100% agree Gregor.  I thought Jordan worked hard last night and deserves credit.  A mistake cost us, as TJ says if we’d won there would be little negatives. I’m off to Dunfermline this weekend, tickets bought for Tuesday.  Great if we could recreate the atmosphere from last night and stop the feckin negative bile which seems to spew forth here from time to time. ??

• Agree 4
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, tm4tj said:

We are Caley Thistle, not Barcelona. Some of these guys might be *****, but they are our *****. Instead of the constant negativity, how about we just support the team.

100 % agree with you on this 

love the quote they are our ***** ? 

Would just love just love it if our ***** could knock County ***** out of the cup 

as the man says let’s get behind next week ???

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hugh Johnston said:

Spot on tm4j. I am astonished though not surprised at some of the criticism and negativity after last night's game. Had it been us scoring the late equaliser, I doubt there would be so much negativity. This is not the best team we have ever had but it is not the worst either. One mistake last night cost us and it is systematic of our season that every mistake we make costs us big time. The players gave their all last night but for many that isn't good enough. Some have blamed the board for falling attendances but perhaps the constant negativity on this forum also plays a part. Maybe we have got the team we deserve.

While I agree with much you say, the trouble is that game upon game there are costly mistakes and we never seem to learn from them.

2 hours ago, tm4tj said:

I'd be having a go at them if I thought they weren't giving it everything, but I really don't think that's an issue with this team. 

• Agree 3

nothing wrong with a bit of constructive criticism I think our players get an easy ride no matter how they play most of our support have very low expectations we should be the big dogs in this league up there fighting for the title ffs clubs like Morton and QoS can only dream of having achievements like us!

9 minutes ago, Caley Stan said:

If we're playing with a similar budget and standard of player than Morton or QoS, then our past achievements don't give us any advantage. They might even be a disadvantage if fans fail to accept the new reality. 

Spot on 

In fact there could be an argument that we may even be overachieving considering our playing budget

one thing for sure is the players are giving 109% effort as did the away fans last night too as always 

lets hope the same level of vocal support Is heard next Tuesday.

Edited by Gregor
  • Agree 1

We played very well against county we just seem unable to close a game down. This has been demonstrated  on several  occassions ball into the corners over the stand hoof up the park. This might be to simplistic or is we are not fit enough to do  95 mins.

1 thing we ain't doing is overachieving Ayrs budgets way lower than ours so was livis last year! The spl years we'd have had the lowest budget in the league gotta get the Leicester spirit going I can see PT and Falkirk going on a roll now we need to cut out daft mistakes and put away our chances when wer on top or could well end up bottom 4 this leagues nuts!

If we loose the replay and I don't think we will our seasons basically over if we do scrape in to the top 4 it'll just boost our coffers a bit got no chance of winning it is it time to stop playing our empty jerseys u all no who they are and give our young boys more game time see what they're made of nothing better than seeing on of our own make it 

• Agree 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

15 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

1 thing we ain't doing is overachieving Ayrs budgets way lower than ours so was livis last year! The spl years we'd have had the lowest budget in the league gotta get the Leicester spirit going I can see PT and Falkirk going on a roll now we need to cut out daft mistakes and put away our chances when wer on top or could well end up bottom 4 this leagues nuts!

6 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

If we loose the replay and I don't think we will our seasons basically over if we do scrape in to the top 4 it'll just boost our coffers a bit got no chance of winning it is it time to stop playing our empty jerseys u all no who they are and give our young boys more game time see what they're made of nothing better than seeing on of our own make it 

Now that you've had time to get your breath back I'll ask hypothetical question. 

Given this thread is about the Ross County game and not the whole season, had we not conceded the second goal and went on to win 2v1, what would your reflection of the performance have been?

3 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

A decent performance but football is never only 1 game is it ! Besides that we did concede bit like the if your auntie had balls it'd be your uncle question eh lol! You not like to see our young uns getting a game ahead of dross like white and Trafford see what they're about?

It was a leading question which I already knew the answer to and while correctly it's not about one game this thread is.

My point is that I genuinely believe from your answer or part of, you're firmly stuck in the past and for the sake of your enjoyment of watching ICT and posters on this forum you need to get realistic about where we are right now and what this squad of players can achieve. We can all bleat on about the past, winning the Scottish Cup, getting to the League Cup Final, finishing 3rd in the League and getting to Europe but we shouldn't get stuck with it to the point it distorts views of this current squad.

It's like Aberdeen comparing to the Fergie years or Celtic the Jock Stein years or Dundee Utd and the Jim McLean years but it gets them nowhere. Yes nice to reminisce but that's where it should end.

Whether we had of seen the game out or not that was more than a decent performance and for the majority our players individually and collectively played really well. This is what the focus should be on, the good points of the game, how we contained County in the first half, how we moved the ball about, our attacking play and I see nothing from your posts that suggests this.

It's too easy to pick on certain players and by now we all know your thoughts on White, change the record before it gets stuck.

Would I like to see youth given a chance? Yes. Do I think we have enough quality in our youth to sustain it? Honestly no. Do I think throwing them in will be to the detriment of their development? Yes. Why? As we don't have the desired quality around them to help them flourish and progress as players and take the pressure off them

At our level you don't throw youth at a problem and expect them to fix it unless they are outstanding, you give youth the experience of progressing with better players around them who can lead and teach. You like to look back so it should have started at times like when we had Draper, Tansey, Warren and the likes who could lead. Currently I'd only put Tremarco in that bracket which isn't enough.

We can all have a moan and a gripe but seriously, be more realistic and you might just suddenly be surprised for the better.

• Agree 4

7 minutes ago, MrCaleyjag said:

It was a leading question which I already knew the answer to and while correctly it's not about one game this thread is.

My point is that I genuinely believe from your answer or part of, you're firmly stuck in the past and for the sake of your enjoyment of watching ICT and posters on this forum you need to get realistic about where we are right now and what this squad of players can achieve. We can all bleat on about the past, winning the Scottish Cup, getting to the League Cup Final, finishing 3rd in the League and getting to Europe but we shouldn't get stuck with it to the point it distorts views of this current squad.

It's like Aberdeen comparing to the Fergie years or Celtic the Jock Stein years or Dundee Utd and the Jim McLean years but it gets them nowhere. Yes nice to reminisce but that's where it should end.

Whether we had of seen the game out or not that was more than a decent performance and for the majority our players individually and collectively played really well. This is what the focus should be on, the good points of the game, how we contained County in the first half, how we moved the ball about, our attacking play and I see nothing from your posts that suggests this.

It's too easy to pick on certain players and by now we all know your thoughts on White, change the record before it gets stuck.

Would I like to see youth given a chance? Yes. Do I think we have enough quality in our youth to sustain it? Honestly no. Do I think throwing them in will be to the detriment of their development? Yes. Why? As we don't have the desired quality around them to help them flourish and progress as players and take the pressure off them

At our level you don't throw youth at a problem and expect them to fix it unless they are outstanding, you give youth the experience of progressing with better players around them who can lead and teach. You like to look back so it should have started at times like when we had Draper, Tansey, Warren and the likes who could lead. Currently I'd only put Tremarco in that bracket which isn't enough.

We can all have a moan and a gripe but seriously, be more realistic and you might just suddenly be surprised for the better.

Thank you 

Replied to our fellow fan Alan Simpson so far better than I have ever done in the past.

However you have put into this post all my  thoughts and frustrations with Alan.

Very eloquent post 

??

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, MrCaleyjag said:

I don't think the team as a whole are as bad as you think in my eyes apart from the strikers wer the best team in the league not stuck in the past well not to much just get frustrated at the constant missed oppurtunitys ! I dunno bout the youth either but been impressed by mcgregor and wee Daniel and if wer as skint as we claim they're the future rather than journeyman plodders here for a season ! Nothing to loose putting a few of them in might discover another Polly or Christie not suggesting flooding the team with them if the seasons still alive i.e. Cup or decent chance of promotion but if it's a dead rubber end of season I'd like to see them in ahead of boys like white etc who won't be here nxt season anyway always mind what Hansen said to fergie win nothing with kids! 

As a side note to all of this, I have it from a very reliable source that Chalmers was quite ill on the day of the game and had to be given an injection to prevent "all out two exits no waiting" scenario.  This would explain why he was out on his feet for the second half.  You can look at it two ways - should he have been played?  BUT for me, it shows that despite what some think on here, we genuinely do have players who are prepared to play through injury and illness for the cause and maybe if the club made fans aware of this (post match so as not to give the opposition any intel), would the fans show a bit more respect?  Thinking of the other week where Poly and a number of others had the flu.

As for White, as Gregor's stats so clearly show, had he not scored in some of our games, draws would have been losses and we would be royally friar tucked by now.

Onwards....

• Agree 2

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic