Angus Beith

ClickbaitProponent

We got Angus in an exchange with Mulraney but he has zero appearences for us. So, we swapped a player that occassionally turned up for one that doesn't and maybe a couple of peanuts thrown into the bargain. Anyone know what is happening with him? Has Robbo wasted a wage needlessly? Players are few and far between and it seems Beith is a drain on resources.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Gregor said:

Whatever happens it’s never nice when a player can’t play because of injury.

Feel for the young guy as it would appear he won’t be featuring for us given that his squad number has been given to McCauley.

A shame but not his fault nor that of John Robertson that his short time with us was blighted by injury.

I wish him well and hope he manages to revive his career elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

How is it not the manager's fault?  The lad had serious health/injury issues when he arrived and was already scheduled to go for an operation.

Jake was at the end of his deal and if we did not want to extend that then we could have waved him off and freed up the wages.  We seem to have done some kind of deal where we gave up the option to extend his contract in return for Hearts not charging us a development fee for Beith.  So instead of saving money, it's cost us money and we didn't end up with a tradeable asset.

Hearts must be laughing up both their sleeves, especially as we're now paying the wages for another one of their young players while our own kids rot on the sidelines.

Edited by Buster

Having completed my Life Coaching Diploma at the end of last year, I was interested to see that Jake is now working with one.  I still think the lad will go on to decent things and regardless of the whole Beith thing, would have been worth holding on to.

We couldn't have afforded to keep jake and given his lack of development over the time with us I'm not sure the coaching we have would have got any real value out of him. He just seemed like a highly paid passenger who frustrated the fans as we knew he had pace and potential ability but nobody knew how to in lock it.

As for beith it's a shame if injury has ruined his career but ict have to look at why we have over the recent years not just had so many injuries but an inability to detect players t high risk prior to signing and lack of rehabilitation skills. Wish him all the best if gone but this is yet another example of poor communication and lack of proper management in his recruitment.

9 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

As for beith it's a shame if injury has ruined his career but ict have to look at why we have over the recent years not just had so many injuries but an inability to detect players t high risk prior to signing and lack of rehabilitation skills. Wish him all the best if gone but this is yet another example of poor communication and lack of proper management in his recruitment.

It is a reality that without funds for transfer fees we are needing to look to find players who have potential but have missed out due to injury or other reasons.

Dargo is a prime example of this.

It is a balance between risk of further injury and accessing better quality.

It's worth noting that players can change squad number mid-season if they haven't played. So just because McCauley has got the no. 8 shirt doesn't mean Beith is away. The official website still lists him as well as McCauley; if he was gone I'm sure he'd just have been deleted.like George Oakley has been.

I think it is safe to assume there is far more to this than is in the public domain. If he was still injured, or had picked up a new injury, I'm sure the club wouldn't have been coy about it and it would have been mentioned before now. Might there be personal issues here instead? I'm going to assume that there's a good reason for the lack of info here.

3 hours ago, Tree said:

It is a reality that without funds for transfer fees we are needing to look to find players who have potential but have missed out due to injury or other reasons.

Dargo is a prime example of this.

It is a balance between risk of further injury and accessing better quality.

Possibly, however it cannot be good business sense to sign players who have legs of glass. Our list of injuries over the last 3 years has been horrendous and not all of those players have poor injury histories, so unless we are training on concrete then there has to be other reasons.

Wasn’t aware you could change numbers during the season unless the original player was no longer registered as a player.

so had a visit to spfl site and the rules regarding this is what it says, 

A Player's shirt number with any Club in the Premiership or the Championship must remain with him for the duration of the Season unless either:

G26.1 he ceases to play for a Club in which case his shirt number will become 65
available for allocation to new members of the First Team Squad;

or

G26.2 for other reasons satisfactory to the Board in its absolute discretion.

So either way it appears Beith won’t play for us this season.

Edited by Gregor

19 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

We couldn't have afforded to keep jake and given his lack of development over the time with us I'm not sure the coaching we have would have got any real value out of him. He just seemed like a highly paid passenger who frustrated the fans as we knew he had pace and potential ability but nobody knew how to in lock it.

"Afford" is often used in a very subjective manner; especially in scenarios like this.  I don't believe for a second that Jake would have been demanding/commanding a wage which was not affordable to the club, but I do accept that the manager/club decided that he wouldn't have given them acceptable value for money...even if I do disagree with it.

I seem to recall a conversation in which JR revealed Mulraneys wages were contracted to double if he stayed this year. Bearing in mind he was signed in the premiership years and his wages wouldn't have been too shabby to start with - I'd say this might be deemed unaffordable in current financial climes.

Are you saying Jake was willing to take a drop in pay...?

35 minutes ago, Satan said:

I seem to recall a conversation in which JR revealed Mulraneys wages were contracted to double if he stayed this year. Bearing in mind he was signed in the premiership years and his wages wouldn't have been too shabby to start with - I'd say this might be deemed unaffordable in current financial climes.

Are you saying Jake was willing to take a drop in pay...?

What I'm saying is that I think Jake would have been worth holding on to....nothing more, nothing less.

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

...I don't believe for a second that Jake would have been demanding/commanding a wage which was not affordable to the club,

So was he not going to take what he was contracted to receive,  or do you think it was affordable to the club?

Do you know what his wage was?

1 minute ago, Satan said:

So was he not going to take what he was contracted to receive,  or do you think it was affordable to the club?

Do you know what his wage was?

"Afford" is often used in a very subjective manner; especially in scenarios like this.  I don't believe for a second that Jake would have been demanding/commanding a wage which was not affordable to the club, but I do accept that the manager/club decided that he wouldn't have given them acceptable value for money...even if I do disagree with it.

2 hours ago, CaleyD said:

What I'm saying is that I think Jake would have been worth holding on to....nothing more, nothing less.

You're so right, we should have kept a hold of a player who refused to play due to the cold on a number of occasions cause that is the sort of attitude that every manager wants in their dressing room 

• Like 1

• tm4tj locked this topic