Angus Beith

ClickbaitProponent

3 hours ago, CaleyD said:

"Afford" is often used in a very subjective manner; especially in scenarios like this.  I don't believe for a second that Jake would have been demanding/commanding a wage which was not affordable to the club, but I do accept that the manager/club decided that he wouldn't have given them acceptable value for money...even if I do disagree with it.

I don’t see how we could afford to double his wages.

18 hours ago, Hugh Johnston said:

Unless it can be proven otherwise, that is pure speculation on your part.

While its speculation, I'd be keen to understand how much in terms of % of budget is being paid to injured players over the last few years and for our players how many games are missed by those. Also lets not forget that all of the following left the club and needed operations or recovery time as they played through injuries - Mckay, Meekings, Draper, Tansey. While I accept players can get injured our list of crocks is significant and for a small club with limited budget we cannot afford to keep paying wages for guys who never play!!!

3 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

While its speculation, I'd be keen to understand how much in terms of % of budget is being paid to injured players over the last few years and for our players how many games are missed by those. Also lets not forget that all of the following left the club and needed operations or recovery time as they played through injuries - Mckay, Meekings, Draper, Tansey. While I accept players can get injured our list of crocks is significant and for a small club with limited budget we cannot afford to keep paying wages for guys who never play!!!

I dont think this is relevant as the club must abide by the contract agreed by both parties.

• Agree 2

18 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

I dont think this is relevant as the club must abide by the contract agreed by both parties.

Not suggesting to break or cancel contracts though . The point is that a significant amount of playing time and money is spent on injuries - which nobody seems to think is poor management from the club - either in terms of financially or player physical well being. Therefore does the recruitment & medical process need to be reviewed or the training & coaching methods.

50 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Not suggesting to break or cancel contracts though . The point is that a significant amount of playing time and money is spent on injuries - which nobody seems to think is poor management from the club - either in terms of financially or player physical well being. Therefore does the recruitment & medical process need to be reviewed or the training & coaching methods.

First of all I would be surprised if our injury situation was related to training or coaching methods. However I would not be surprised if our medical/ physio / rehab was not very much dictated by budgets or lack of funding. 

That's what I like about you IHE.:tongue: What a guy!

You rarely seem to take up a posture of bitter defence, woe is me, after criticism, some of which is very iffy and nasty. You have developed a "ride with the punches" composure that seems to weather any storm.

Are you that easy to get along with at home  after 3 p.m. or  do you just get into a very mellow sauce which paints you in a wonderful light -- one that even a disappointed mother could love...eh?    I think that you would make a formidable Mountie, unflappable but on-the-ball and your horse would love you to bits ...:mountie:

2 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

At his age that would be shocking BUT is it not his right / responsibility to make such an announcement - if again it is true.

Where is he to announce this? Those written notepad messages on twitter are cringe. 

If you were a promising young footballer and were facing up to the reality that your career was over shurely you would need time to take stock and ensure that any announcement was clear and final. Perhaps what ICT need to do is to make a statement about our situation with Angus - even if it is skewed and unclear. I feel nothing but sorrow fer the lad if the "rumours" are true. Perhaps the Supporters Trust could intervene ?

• Like 1

• tm4tj locked this topic