Scotty

Come on people - We are carrying passengers - BUT we are still in fourth place - get everybody fit fer the run in and it is play-off time - and that is a feckin lottery. Next season should be the focus both on and off the pitch. No way do we want promotion ?!!

25 minutes ago, cif73 said:

So we are 4th but 9 points from.3rd and 9 points from 9th ?

But we are in fourth position all we need to be for play offs 

No way we are challenging for top place

We did improve slightly when went two up but attitude and performance nothing like Monday night. 

Bad keeping for the goal unfortunately which gave an average pars team victory.

Edited by Gregor

10 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Somehow, we cling on to the final play off spot but a side suffering consecutive league defeats to PatrickThistle and Dunfermline has no real chance of promotion. Very disheartening.

Partick are on a good run to be fair but agree it was a bad day today.

3 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Junk. As we've been all season... Boring and ultimate losers. Nothing to get excited about... Let's move on next season beckons. More of the same no doubt, can't wait 

Very worrying who will buy season tickets to watch more of this i will be honest did not buy last year because i was so angry with Foran & Cameron but bought this year as thought the good feeling was back after just missing out on play offs but next season i am really not sure i can go through this anymore

• Agree 2

On the bright side we are still in fourth spot and playing for a quarter final in the cup. Now a win on Tuesday followed by a win Saturday versus Morton and we are fair set. Now you wouldn't bet on that however it is easily achievable. I will attend both games and observe our transformation into challengers for cup and league. ??

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, jed5697 said:

On the bright side we are still in fourth spot and playing for a quarter final in the cup. Now a win on Tuesday followed by a win Saturday versus Morton and we are fair set. Now you wouldn't bet on that however it is easily achievable. I will attend both games and observe our transformation into challengers for cup and league. ??

I wish I shared your optimism Jed, I have looked into my crystal ball and foresee a defeat on Tuesday and Saturday.

End of season we will finish outside the play off place trailing behind Queen of the South. 

If we beat County on Tuesday and turn things around and put a good gap between us and Queen of the South, I will buy a hat, roast it with peas and onions and eat it.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

39 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

We are sHyte.... I hate supporting caley now we are the most boring uneventful side ever, junk. Cship mid table side at best ever. Red dot me and face-palm me all u want 

Its the manager that is ****. Oh and regarding the slating you fear, stuff them, they just like mediocrity and only like it when we agree with them, people like us are not entitled to an opinion. 

I just laugh at the comments as they can be personal ans and should result in a ban but, no, not here, posters can be as personal in their criticism ad as they like yet, get away with it. Oh, and some are worse than others, I have about a handful that I can count on getting personal with me! 

Edited by CaleyTennis
  • Agree 2

That's the worst away performance I've seen this season. We missed Coll and Polly as you would expect, but the absence of Sean Welsh had the most impact, his replacement charged and lunged his way around the park in a way that seemed to unsettle his teammates as much as the opposition. We didn't get the forward midfield 3 into the game at all, and when we finally went to 4-4-2 we looked slightly more threatening but without creating clear-cut chances. 

It could've been worse - McCauley should've been sent off and a better side would've added to their tally in the second half. 

We are a very poor side without those 3 players.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

45 minutes ago, CaleyTennis said:

Its the manager that is ****. Oh and regarding the slating you fear, stuff them, they just like mediocrity and only like it when we agree with them, people like us are not entitled to an opinion. 

I just laugh at the comments as they can be personal ans and should result in a ban but, no, not here, posters can be as personal in their criticism ad as they like yet, get away with it. Oh, and some are worse than others, I have about a handful that I can count on getting personal with me! 

You’ve only been registered on the site for 19 days so I can’t imagine you have had that much of a traumatic time. 

Back on topic, this result is not a surprise. The draws that we were hoping to turn into wins have in fact turned into defeats. With an improving Falkirk and Partick then we really should be looking over our shoulder. At this time I’d be staggered if we made the play-offs. Disappointing season to say the least.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

52 minutes ago, CaleyTennis said:

from what I can see its you starting to get personal with others. cut it out now and debate the topic rather than the poster. you have already stated your opinion. let others do the same before preemptively labelling them !

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, Caley Stan said:

That's the worst away performance I've seen this season. We missed Coll and Polly as you would expect, but the absence of Sean Welsh had the most impact, his replacement charged and lunged his way around the park in a way that seemed to unsettle his teammates as much as the opposition. We didn't get the forward midfield 3 into the game at all, and when we finally went to 4-4-2 we looked slightly more threatening but without creating clear-cut chances. 

It could've been worse - McCauley should've been sent off and a better side would've added to their tally in the second half. 

In a word, this ?

Very strange decision leaving Welsh on the bench and then taking him on for a couple of minutes at the death. 

To the clowns who slate Polly at every opportunity please note that this is what we'll be reduced to if/when he moves on.....and who would blame him.

Absolute sickener.

• Agree 5

3 hours ago, Caley Stan said:

We've been subjected to this kind of stuff at home for most of the season .    And that's teams that HAD Polly, Welsh and Coll playing...

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

from what I can see its you starting to get personal with others. cut it out now and debate the topic rather than the poster. you have already stated your opinion. let others do the same before preemptively labelling them !

See my post in the sack the board topic. That is what I mean, auld asses like IHE can get away with posts like his yet my first post gets a warning! Seriously, do you actually care about people like me because it's evident you don't! This site is getting worse than pie and bovril, I'm serious!! 

Oh and ban me all you like, I'll keep reregistering then calling you out for your failings until somethings done!! I'm sick of being accused of being someone I'm not! 

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 3

Ok, I'll bite. Your multiple accounts over the years have all ended in you getting personal with others and dishing it out but not being able to take it in return, then taking the huff, dishing out abuse and buggering off to P&B for a while before coming back and registering a new account all of which are pretty obvious to anyone who has seen you post before. All your other accounts are still there - just marked 'pending' until discussion with site admin. This is a private site, with rules. They are not very complicated ones, and if you keep wanting to ignore them then this account goes the same way. Your choice, not ours. be civil. We do reserve the right to refuse or revoke membership to the site ... its not a public service so the entitlement you display is unfounded !  

If you think there is something wrong with any particular post from IHE or anyone else then use the reporting mechanism in place instead of hijacking the topic. The mods will discuss and make a decision. As the site owner, I can and will say that if you continue to bad mouth site users and try to moderate within topics by throwing out insults then we will simply set your account to post moderation. I have other things to take care of in real life and no time to babysit grown up children. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Hands down one of the worst performances from an ICT that I can recall in a long time, especially that first 45 minutes. We were all over the shop. McCart, who until recently had been a very solid performer, was uncharacteristically sloppy with a number of sliced clearances and slack passes but he got better as the game wore on as did the likes of Trafford who was something of a headless chicken until we went to 442 and he seemed to be a lot more effective. White struggled badly until Austin came on. He (White) didn't get much service and when the ball did come his way he was largely dominated by Ashcroft who was excellent yesterday as were Connolly and Vincent for the home side. 

McCauley should have been sent off. After he was booked he committed two needless fouls that both could have resulted in a second booking so it was no surprise when Robbo took him off for MacDonald. Pars had a weak penalty claim when Anderson seemed to go down quite easily. Maybe any highlights will show something different but I wasn't convinced at the time.

Second half Dunfermline started much the better side. I don't know what Robbo said to the players at the break but most seemed to be still sleepwalking when Thomson dribbled across goal then lashed a shot past Ridgers who seemed to be caught by a deflection or by McCart ducking out of the way or something. Disappointing goal to concede but we were lucky not to be two down when Connolly battered the crossbar with a lovely shot just outside the area.

We started to come back into the game when Doran went off and Austin came on giving White a bit more support up front and we started to create some half chances. Walsh had perhaps the best opportunity for an equaliser when he drove towards goal and was afforded a lot of time and space to shoot from about 20 yards but he sent the ball well over. White and Mckay passed up a couple of decent chances to bring us back on level terms but they shot wide of / over the goal.

A seriously disappointing performance after what was a good showing on Monday night against County. We were missing arguably three of our most important players in Donaldson, Polworth and Welsh however if we want to stay in the playoff spot we need to improve our performances quickly.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic