Scotty

Jhesus - "one of the worst performances" - Have you reconsidered in the light of day ? Did we persist in the long ball to White ? McCauley was part-time before he signed. He looks a long way off full fitness to me. Was that part of the reason for his brainfart ? McCart looks half the player without Coll ? You never mentioned Brad - where did he score on your smileymometer ? We are a bit Spursish at the moment - Polly, Coll and Welsh = Kane, Alli and Dier - unfortunately we don't have a Korean to cover !!

• Yes it was one of the worst performances I can recall in a long time. It was as bad if not worse than Partick away earlier this season. We barely strung more than 3 or 4 passes together for most of the first half;
  • For the most part we stopped punting long balls in the vague direction of White when Austin came on;
  • The reason for McCauley's brain fart was not lack of fitness. He made three very badly timed challenges and was acting similar to Mulraney at Falkirk last season;
  • The errors from McCart were ones under little pressure but he improved as the game went on; and
  • Brad wasn't great.

10 minutes ago, RiG said:
  • Yes it was one of the worst performances I can recall in a long time. It was as bad if not worse than Partick away earlier this season. We barely strung more than 3 or 4 passes together for most of the first half;
  • For the most part we stopped punting long balls in the vague direction of White when Austin came on;
  • The reason for McCauley's brain fart was not lack of fitness. He made three very badly timed challenges and was acting similar to Mulraney at Falkirk last season;
  • The errors from McCart were ones under little pressure but he improved as the game went on; and
  • Brad will never be good.

It's a worry, It really is as we don't seem to improve unless we play County, and even then the team can't turn performance into points.  The defeat 2 weeks ago to Partick was a real low point and we had a full team out.   

The next two games will I'm sure define our season, Beat County and the heads will rise and go into the Morton game with a hell of a lot more confidence,   lose however....  

Edited by caley100

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Hands down one of the worst performances from an ICT that I can recall in a long time, especially that first 45 minutes. We were all over the shop. McCart, who until recently had been a very solid performer, was uncharacteristically sloppy with a number of sliced clearances and slack passes but he got better as the game wore on as did the likes of Trafford who was something of a headless chicken until we went to 442 and he seemed to be a lot more effective. White struggled badly until Austin came on. He (White) didn't get much service and when the ball did come his way he was largely dominated by Ashcroft who was excellent yesterday as were Connolly and Vincent for the home side. 

McCauley should have been sent off. After he was booked he committed two needless fouls that both could have resulted in a second booking so it was no surprise when Robbo took him off for MacDonald. Pars had a weak penalty claim when Anderson seemed to go down quite easily. Maybe any highlights will show something different but I wasn't convinced at the time.

Second half Dunfermline started much the better side. I don't know what Robbo said to the players at the break but most seemed to be still sleepwalking when Thomson dribbled across goal then lashed a shot past Ridgers who seemed to be caught by a deflection or by McCart ducking out of the way or something. Disappointing goal to concede but we were lucky not to be two down when Connolly battered the crossbar with a lovely shot just outside the area.

We started to come back into the game when Doran went off and Austin came on giving White a bit more support up front and we started to create some half chances. Walsh had perhaps the best opportunity for an equaliser when he drove towards goal and was afforded a lot of time and space to shoot from about 20 yards but he sent the ball well over. White and Mckay passed up a couple of decent chances to bring us back on level terms but they shot wide of / over the goal.

A seriously disappointing performance after what was a good showing on Monday night against County. We were missing arguably three of our most important players in Donaldson, Polworth and Welsh however if we want to stay in the playoff spot we need to improve our performances quickly.

Good summing up Rig

49 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

No sign of a deflection for the goal, as far as I can see. It just looks like Ridgers misjudged it and started moving to his right when he shouldn’t have done, and then it was too late to recover.

Yeah looks that way from the video. I assumed it must have been a deflection given he seemed to be totally wrong footed by it.

19 hours ago, RiG said:
  • Brad wasn't great.

You're being far too generous in your summary..............don't get me started about Brad Mackay!!

• Agree 1

Just watched the highlights and we were pissshhhh. There was nothing of note from us at all. In games like that Robbo should've cut his losses and given the youngsters a run out. Perhaps then some of the "seasoned" pro's might get a wake up call. We never really looked like winning and after the goal went in a loss was on the cards so he had nothing to lose and much to gain. If one or two of the youngsters put in a bit of a performance then it creates a little competition for the established names, who if I am completely honest, look too comfortable as if they are unlikely to be dropped. There is no motivator there so until Robbo does do something, or becomes a bit more ruthless, these pissshhhh performances will continue.

• Agree 2

On 2/16/2019 at 9:32 PM, Alan Simpson said:

Said on another post Patrick are gonna go on a run reckon they'll make the play of spots defo bookies for a ten spot on it remember where u heard it people !

Not crazy by any means Alan, bit of a coup getting McDonald on the books I think any championship side would be glad to have him, assuming he stays healthy of course.

11 minutes ago, wynthank15 said:

Not crazy by any means Alan, bit of a coup getting McDonald on the books I think any championship side would be glad to have him, assuming he stays healthy of course.

Them and Falkirk will go on a run both bought wisely in January ! McDonald's a great signing for them get balls in to the box and he'll put it away! He's what wev been needing for 2 seasons!

• Agree 2

41 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Them and Falkirk will go on a run both bought wisely in January ! McDonald's a great signing for them get balls in to the box and he'll put it away! He's what wev been needing for 2 seasons!

He was only ever going to join a central belt side due to his location, am surprised Hamilton, Killie or Livi didn't approach him because he said he believed he could play at a higher level than the championship and was probably the fittest he's ever been but no one came in for him other the PT.

26 minutes ago, wynthank15 said:

He was only ever going to join a central belt side due to his location, am surprised Hamilton, Killie or Livi didn't approach him because he said he believed he could play at a higher level than the championship and was probably the fittest he's ever been but no one came in for him other the PT.

He is good friends with Gary Caldwell that is why he is there.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, wynthank15 said:

Think he had a few offers start of the season surprised he came back he's no a bad pundit!

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic