Sack the board!

CaleyTennis

Enough is enough now, our chairman MUST be responsible for the pish that we have to endure week in, week out so he HAS to be replaced! 

How can we expect promotion when the ass sells a striker in the last few hours without getting a replacement plus nobody knows what is happening at the club because he tells us nothing, yet our new vice chairman is saying that things will change, well, it doesn't look like it!! 

Tuesday is a big game and tbh, it should be the one that determines the managers position, lose and he'll have to go, win and he deserves a new contract.  But to be fair, he deserves credit for the job he's doing with the dross he's got at his disposal :ictscarf:.

4 wins in 19 is just pathetic! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

45 minutes ago, CaleyTennis said:

Enough is enough now, our chairman MUST be responsible for the pish that we have to endure week in, week out so he HAS to be replaced! 

How can we expect promotion when the ass sells a striker in the last few hours without getting a replacement plus nobody knows what is happening at the club because he tells us nothing, yet our new vice chairman is saying that things will change, well, it doesn't look like it!! 

Tuesday is a big game and tbh, it should be the one that determines the managers position, lose and he'll have to go, win and he deserves a new contract.  But to be fair, he deserves credit for the job he's doing with the dross he's got at his disposal :ictscarf:.

Can i just ask you how you think it is the Chairman's fault when it is the Coaches who put the teams out and it is their tactics just curious? Not disagreeing with some of what you say like the 4 wins out of 19 now at any other club that would be sacking material 

• Agree 2

36 minutes ago, CaleyTennis said:

The chairman is at fault for not replacing Oakley and not telling us what is happening at the club! We know nothing like where is Angus Beith, where is the money from his selling etc. 

Has anyone actually said that the chairman plays any part at all in player movements?  If so, I've missed it. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

CaleyTennis would you be interested in becoming the next Chairperson? There is little glory in running a football team unless it is fortunate enough to be successful. Unfortunately success does not come easily. 

Although I agree, the 'community' approach and running of the club leaves a lot to be desired.

48 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

no more a "community" club than a  ............. Don't listen to all that blurb it's utter fiction.

Sad to say it but we could learn a lot from County when it comes to being a genuine community club.

Their chairman, love or loathe him, genuinely insured that his club genuinely engage with its fans and the wider community.

We once made an effort to do similarly but the current chairman and board seems far more concerned about a few of his corporate pals than even making any pretence of engaging with the ordinary fans which, while not the only reason, is a very important reason why our crowds are dwindling and why many of those who remain are increasingly disheartened.

• Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

SOS the big man yogi Hughes for a comeback bigger than Abba ! Board should beg this legend to come back maybe a crowd fund to sweeten the deal for the leith lothario 

Might just decline that suggestion. Don't really fancy the idea of following his last club into League One.

• Agree 1

A change of strategy right thru the club is needed from playing staff and approach to how the club interacts. There are some who are not of the quality required, some who have gotten stale and over stayed and some who have no interest and others with no clue. If those present can't step up and address then wholesale change is needed but itll never happen so just got to lower expectations and accept.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

Settle down mun. 

5 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

OH - Hello Shaun :bouncyblue::bouncyred::dancing::finger:

See Scotty, this is what I mean. I get warned yet this auld ass gets away with this, talk about favoritism and unfair treatment. You guys are useless and tbh, ban me all you want but I'll just keep reregistering!! 

How come this poster gets let off yet my first post gets a warning, please answer this, or better still, give them an ultimatam like I got ? or do these so called members get let otf whereas newbies like me don't!!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by CaleyTennis
  • Funny 3
  • Facepalm 2

Where did you get a warning? Did you report the post using the reporting system? if not then get down off your high horse. IHE has had more warnings than you have had birthdays. 

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

As a member of Caleythistleonline for many years, before being invited to join the board of our club I`m pretty sure that every member of that board does all they can to help and promote our club.  The big problem is the "all they can" bit . 

I started supporting Thistle in 1974 and have been through the highs and lows up to now and it was a great honour to have been  asked to join the board of the club that I love passionately, but I, and the rest of the club need as much help as possible. To say sack the board is easy.  If the board firmly believed that this would help the club to a better, brighter and financially secure future the Companies House 288a  forms would be signed and on the table. We d go on masse.  If anyone has the golden bullet out there or an Abramovich in the wings dinna hold back cos I for one have only one thing in mind and that is getting and keeping our club up where it belongs, in the SPL.  

At the moment an Abramovich isnt likely so the team and club need all the support we can muster and get a flow of positive ideas on how to make the Stadium noisy again. Have people smiling again , and I get the fact that the results arent the best just now, I was at East End Park on Saturday, but that is a few games, we re now in our 25th years an we`ve done a hell of a lots since 1994.  

I replied, I think, to everyone that posted comments on that thing on Facebook last week about me, to hopefully make sure that they were aware that the club is listening and that I would personally be delighted to speak to anyone and everyone that wants to speak to me or anyone at the club about our club, but a basic Sack the board without a plan B doesnt work. You need an alternative. 

ICTFC, as you will see from the accounts, runs at a huge loss, and has done for the majority of the years it has been in existance, and relegation has made this worse. We need to be clever to increase our income, from season tickets to sponsorships to whatever can be thought about.  We need constructive ideas. 

Thats my rant over, but if anyone wants info from me or can provide good ideas to help our club you now know where I am.

BTW I have no idea who the bird on the bike is on the profile pic. Good pic though.

• Like 1

Sheepslagger is right.

She is rather tidy on that bike....

It is difficult at the moment for sure.  As sure as if we beat the gadgies tomorrow, the forum will be a utopia of positivity.  I'd never advocate sacking this board at present and as I've said before anyone who calls money being injected to the club an investment is bonkers as you usually invest to get at least your capital back.  A poison chalice I'd suggest but someone has to be on the board - much like any committee I've ever been on, you can only do your best with what you have at the time and usually have over 1,000 people telling you you are doing it wrong and less than 1/3 of them probably willing to put themselves forward to help.

We all know the road ahead will be bumpy - I think what is needed is transparency in terms of what the actual plan is to address these issues - both historic and current/ ongoing - and how that is going to impact the club going forward.  And whilst the club does need to be run in a business like fashion in terms of the finances, we need to remember that most of us have an emotional tie to the club which does cloud things from time to time.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

If it wasnt for my emotional tie with the club I would never think of going onto a board of a company which has lost money in the majority of the years that it has been in existence. But the tie is there and however I try I cannae lose it so I have to try my best but my experience is with business, property, not football clubs, so I have to take advice and help from people that know more than me in promotions and sponsorship matters , but also ideas are needed to increase our footfall from everyone who associates with ICT  The club now owns the stadium. Thats an important start.  We are setting up a ICTFC Foundation where we are looking at taking the club more out to the community .  

Look at Hearts.  How successful they have been pulling together now .  Financially secure due firstly to Ann Budge, who saved them, then the fans have taken that over with their monthly £20 etc etc. foundation contributions, but they only did that when they went into administration.  When the **** hit the fan , big time, the fans got together and now they are blossoming, compared to the aftermath of the demise of Vlad. But it happened after a major disaster.

We need to get round the club and help .  No point in glib "sack the board"..  I`d resign in a minute if it helped the club. Its nothing to do with me, its about the club. 

So if you want to know something and I can answer the question, just ask.  Worst I can say is no.  Never ask never get, but more importantly is what we can all do for the club. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Can I just add Mr sheepslagger,  the opening post on this thread, whilst not really breaking any rules, was started by a person that is well known for exactly this type of outburst, not only on this site, and is not a view held by most on here. That's not to say everything in the garden is rosy as you well know.

I will ask one question that many are asking. What's happening with Angus Beith?

• Agree 1