Sack the board!

CaleyTennis

On the Angus Beith question , Im up tomorrow and will ask Robbo what the outcome is but from what I ve been told in the past is that there was a recurring injury which was expected to clear up but just hasnt up to now so it doesnt look good for the lad.  

I ll ask John to clarify the situation when I see him.

The other question that was asked was George Oakley. The club was between a rock and a hell of a hard place.  We did not want to lose him but contract up in the summer and he wanted to play SPL football for Hamilton and it was one of his old gaffers that he knew he was going to......we were buggered ! Sad , cos I really liked him.  He gave 100%, when he was on the pitch.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, sheepslagger said:

On the Angus Beith question , Im up tomorrow and will ask Robbo what the outcome is but from what I ve been told in the past is that there was a recurring injury which was expected to clear up but just hasnt up to now so it doesnt look good for the lad.  

I ll ask John to clarify the situation when I see him.

The other question that was asked was George Oakley. The club was between a rock and a hell of a hard place.  We did not want to lose him but contract up in the summer and he wanted to play SPL football for Hamilton and it was one of his old gaffers that he knew he was going to......we were buggered ! Sad , cos I really liked him.  He gave 100%, when he was on the pitch.

You've just clarified two questions members on the forum have been asking how hard was it? All supporters want is to know what is happening at their club.

I have a question also, why wont the club open the west as a standing area again.

some prefer to stand especially those with dodgy joints rather than being shoehorned into a seat next to someone you don't know

For those who do not get to enough games to justify a season ticket much simpler to turn up and pay at the gate.

Camaraderie is built up in standing areas where you can share views with like minded supporters whom you see every week.

Generates a better atmosphere to have supporters on three sides (am ignoring the away end)

Don't need sunglasses in winter

Give away free west vouchers with club merchandise purchased, we don't lack space

Make it free for u16's with a guardian could be an adult ticket you wouldn't otherwise get. I seem to recall when we were last in the ist Div that kids under a certain age did get in for free though I may be mistaken about that.

I may be recalling the past through rose tinted specs but I seem to recall the atmosphere at the stadium was far better when it was all standing, the quiet part of the ground was the main stand.

I guess a little more regular updates from the board wouldn't go a miss but sacking the board is a bit extreme. There were promises made just over a year ago and noises made about improving things on the comms front but they seem to be a little slow to materialise. The ground deal has hopefully now gone through so that's one box ticked. Hopefully that can help us attract a little investment? It's been mentioned before about using the stadium for gigs etc - surely worth a punt if it helps pay a few wages and it gets people into the habit of going to the stadium? Seems to me that to get bums on seats we need an improvement in performances on the pitch - this needs money obviously. Sadly, at present we seem to be in a downward spiral - poor performances, less bums on seats, less interest from possible investors, leading to less money for players, and subsequent poor performances. We have to find a way to break the vicious cycle.

• Agree 1

On 2/17/2019 at 2:28 AM, Scotty said:

Where did you get a warning? Did you report the post using the reporting system? if not then get down off your high horse. IHE has had more warnings than you have had birthdays. 

Almost as many as he's had double vodkas ! 'Sack the Board' may be a good thread title but, speaking as one who has been highly critical of the current regime, you can only ' Sack the Board' if there are people with sufficient funds to replace them. I don't see many people with the odd two or three million pounds to spare queing up, do you ?

• Agree 1

On 2/17/2019 at 2:01 AM, CaleyTennis said:

See Scotty, this is what I mean. I get warned yet this auld ass gets away with this, talk about favoritism and unfair treatment. You guys are useless and tbh, ban me all you want but I'll just keep reregistering!! 

How come this poster gets let off yet my first post gets a warning, please answer this, or better still, give them an ultimatam like I got ? or do these so called members get let otf whereas newbies like me don't!!!!!!!!!! 

You're a newbie?  When did that happen?

Could you look at the stewarding please? My pal had his 7 year old daughter at the Kilby match. They went for something to eat and on the way back to the north stand, they paused to look at the night sky. He told me within 7 seconds some jobsworth steward was over at them, telling them to sit down. I genuinely wonder how many people have stopped going due to the awful stewarding. It's far from an enjoyable experience - especially for people with young kids. 

Hers a thought, I ve got an email address at the stadium which I havent used yet. I ll make sure its up and running tomorrow and if I dinna get back with answers in reasonable time get back to me and remind me.  I ve got my own businesses down in Dundee, where I live and work, so i havent got buckets of spare time but I can sometimes forget things . 

ross.morrison@ictfc.co.uk

On the West Stand , it makes sense for folk wanting to stand.  If its a cost issue , which makes sense , I ll get back and tell you.  Cannae see any other reason. It would help if you send me bullet points so I can put them forward.

I ll see what the steward crack is with the stewards. Personally over zealous stewards can seriously **** me off . 

Thanks for taking the time to contact with me.  I ll do all I can to help our club. 

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Re the wee girl why not ask the steward what he was thinking about? Seems to be somewhat hasty in his judgement and a polite reminder would probably have gone a longer way. Also remind him gently that the club subsists on punters like these two good fans.....!

As for the questions of sacking anybody ,does anyone think that either the Manager or the High Heid Yins feel  great about the limited progress being made this year? Of course they probably don't. Sacking JR is a thoughtless  attitude. That's like the crew of the sailing ship  "Pretty Polly" doesn't like the way the ship is turning in the wind and is screaming at the mate ''Let's chuck the Captain overboard"", make for yonder island and we can rebuild the boat from the weak and young palm trees, if (i.e when) it smashes up on the shore."

I think we should  continue to shout encouragement to JR and the lads and then shout again. No other way of salvaging this season, which frankly has not been THAT bad if you look at the table. NOt great, like, but not HORRIBLE either.

• Like 2

I can assure you that Im not relishing in our limited progress this year.  My wee lad was in tears after the QoS game a few weeks ago. I ken how he feels. I ll be up the morn again. And again . Please come and say hello the morn if youre passing.

F**k me gently, we need a win the morn.  

• Like 1

Aye, lads we really , really do! And that would really make up for a lot of somewhat disappointing forays this year , eh?

On a positive note though , how interesting and encouraging  is the fact that we now have a very responsive gentleman fan offering to answer our questions to the Board directly as far as he can achieve that. So often in the past have fans apparently been disappointed by the response to their queries that this is deffo a move forward and into the limelight.  So, keep on posting sheepslagger. Boy! You are a breath of fresh air,.

I am sure IHE will now have a retort in agreement, like.!:mountie:

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, sheepslagger said:

Hers a thought, I ve got an email address at the stadium which I havent used yet. I ll make sure its up and running tomorrow and if I dinna get back with answers in reasonable time get back to me and remind me. 

Thanks for taking the time to contact with me.  I ll do all I can to help our club. 

Ross. Appreciate the responses so far and for you taking the time to give your own opinion/answers on the questions asked.

You have been registered on here for about 10 years, so as a fan yourself and not just a director, you know that most are realistic in knowing we always have challenges and that supporting any football team is a rollercoaster ride, but receiving responses to questions and regular communication is sometimes all thats needed to calm fears and defuse bad feeling when things are tough. Even if the answers are tough ones too.   We had a great few years of success so this current malaise is hard to take. I wish you well in trying to turn it around.  

• Agree 5

13 hours ago, sheepslagger said:

Hers a thought, I ve got an email address at the stadium which I havent used yet. I ll make sure its up and running tomorrow and if I dinna get back with answers in reasonable time get back to me and remind me.  I ve got my own businesses down in Dundee, where I live and work, so i havent got buckets of spare time but I can sometimes forget things . 

ross.morrison@ictfc.co.uk

On the West Stand , it makes sense for folk wanting to stand.  If its a cost issue , which makes sense , I ll get back and tell you.  Cannae see any other reason. It would help if you send me bullet points so I can put them forward.

I ll see what the steward crack is with the stewards. Personally over zealous stewards can seriously **** me off . 

Cheers

Just  sent an email Ross but it's been bounced back as undeliverable. It would be good to get some points over to you to get across to the board.

Maybe speak to whoever was responsible for the shambles at the North Stand tonight.  The Club must have known how many tickets were sold but, only two turnstiles open, causing queues back past the car park and dozens of fans missed the first ten+ minutes of the first half.   Very unprofessional and should never have happened and should never happen again.   

• Agree 3
  • Facepalm 1

I must agree with this. The whole situation was a farce why only two turnstiles for such a big crowd was ridiculous they finally decided to open the gates beside the turnstiles but the game was starting and there were still hundreds of people waiting. Many who had turned up long before the game was due to start 

Re turnstiles, I believe that the person due to man the left hand gate was taken ill.  But yeah, we need to be smarter than this on such a big night.  Again, I think it is volunteers but we should have some kind of continuity plan to deal with an emergency like this as it can detract from what was, let's face it, one of the best games we have had for quite some time!!!!

I'm sure this won't be allowed to happen again, now the club are ware of the potential issue.

On 2/18/2019 at 9:54 PM, sheepslagger said:

I can assure you that Im not relishing in our limited progress this year.  My wee lad was in tears after the QoS game a few weeks ago. I ken how he feels. I ll be up the morn again. And again . Please come and say hello the morn if youre passing.

F**k me gently, we need a win the morn.  

Any chance of getting some scantily clad "dancers" for half time entertainment Saturday keep the good vibes going Iv a few contacts in private eyes could send u there numbers!

• Funny 2
  • Facepalm 1