Sack the board!

CaleyTennis

48 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

You know what, if we could experience last night on a more regular basis with football passion and crowd atmosphere i doubt if anyone would be bothered who was on the board or how they performed.

A mad obsession on here for knocking the board in same as you don't care who's on it or what they do long as wev a half decent team on the park! Board are doing what they can no billionaires on it I'm afraid!

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Weekend Hacker said:

Re turnstiles, I believe that the person due to man the left hand gate was taken ill.  But yeah, we need to be smarter than this on such a big night.  Again, I think it is volunteers but we should have some kind of continuity plan to deal with an emergency like this as it can detract from what was, let's face it, one of the best games we have had for quite some time!!!!

I'm sure this won't be allowed to happen again, now the club are ware of the potential issue.

Under 20s not normally do the gates?

2 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

A mad obsession on here for knocking the board in same as you don't care who's on it or what they do long as wev a half decent team on the park! Board are doing what they can no billionaires on it I'm afraid!

There is a mad obsession on any football forum for sacking the board when things are not going well ....

I haven't logged onto the Toronto FC boards yet this morning (dreading it) .... but after going down 4-0 last night in the first leg of the CONCACAF Champions League to an unfancied Panamanian side and now having to score 5 at BMO field in Toronto next week to progress, I expect to see multiple discussions to sack the board, the manager, the kitman, everyone ... and also to sign about 20 players that people will name to solve the issue of replacing the departed Sebastian Giovinco, Victor Vazquez and Gregory Van Der Wiel ..... its not an ICT thing or a Scottish thing, its a football thing. It happens whether you are a poor club or a rich club, its just the logic and rationale that are different.

For me, Kingsmills hit it on the head as quoted below ... you can call to sack the board if you want but before you do make that knee-jerk reaction perhaps you should have a clear idea of what or who you want as a replacement and what they can bring to the table. In ICT terms, after a few years of being ostentatious in some peoples eyes, we are now cutting our cloth to suit our level right now and everything is magnified because we were operating at a higher level until recently.  As with Kingsmills, I have my own opinion on the current board based on my interactions with some of the members over the last couple of years but not in 'sack the board' territory just yet !!! I look forward to seeing the shareholder accounts very soon to see if there are concerns over the stewardship of the club. If they steady the ship then look to put us back on an upward path then I have no concerns. 

On 2/18/2019 at 1:27 PM, Kingsmills said:

'Sack the Board' may be a good thread title but, speaking as one who has been highly critical of the current regime, you can only ' Sack the Board' if there are people with sufficient funds to replace them. I don't see many people with the odd two or three million pounds to spare queing up, do you ?

Email is sorted . Up and running . Myself on the other hand has a heed like a box of rockets after going a bit mental last night.

Spoke to Yvonne CEO, and she ll be getting copied in to help me direct questions , requests etc.  

Usual service will resume the morn.

What a game !!!! If Carlsberg made Scottish Cup replays.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

There is a mad obsession on any football forum for sacking the board when things are not going well ....

I haven't logged onto the Toronto FC boards yet this morning (dreading it) .... but after going down 4-0 last night in the first leg of the CONCACAF Champions League to an unfancied Panamanian side and now having to score 5 at BMO field in Toronto next week to progress, I expect to see multiple discussions to sack the board, the manager, the kitman, everyone ... and also to sign about 20 players that people will name to solve the issue of replacing the departed Sebastian Giovinco, Victor Vazquez and Gregory Van Der Wiel ..... its not an ICT thing or a Scottish thing, its a football thing. It happens whether you are a poor club or a rich club, its just the logic and rationale that are different.

For me, Kingsmills hit it on the head as quoted below ... you can call to sack the board if you want but before you do make that knee-jerk reaction perhaps you should have a clear idea of what or who you want as a replacement and what they can bring to the table. In ICT terms, after a few years of being ostentatious in some peoples eyes, we are now cutting our cloth to suit our level right now and everything is magnified because we were operating at a higher level until recently.  As with Kingsmills, I have my own opinion on the current board based on my interactions with some of the members over the last couple of years but not in 'sack the board' territory just yet !!! I look forward to seeing the shareholder accounts very soon to see if there are concerns over the stewardship of the club. If they steady the ship then look to put us back on an upward path then I have no concerns. 

More of a sack the manager and slate the players type of guy myself each to there own tho eh

On the West Stand queery There is no real problem about standing there , its just about stewarding.  I ve suggested we re allocate stewards but it would be helpful of you could put any requests to the email address ross.morrison@ictfc.co.uk  I can then forward them on to whoever and can hopefully get them dealt with.  Also I ll lose any questions on the forum cos of scrolling through and missing things. You know what I mean.

Anyway you now know where I am . There s no hiding place !!

Why do we even need stewards in the west? I only remember one pitch invasion from the west the day we won the league against StJ and got promotion to the prem. I've already put my suggestions on this site as to why the west should be open to standing supporters which you have read why switch to a different thread/email which is not in the public domain? Don't wish to be judgemental but are you kicking it into the long grass perhaps? What's wrong with publishing responses on this forum?

Edited by wynthank15
  • Facepalm 3

2 hours ago, wynthank15 said:

I've already put my suggestions on this site as to why the west should be open to standing supporters which you have read why switch to a different thread/email which is not in the public domain? Don't wish to be judgemental but are you kicking it into the long grass perhaps? What's wrong with publishing responses on this forum?

Whilst it is true to say people from the club do read this site, and at times do comment, we are not an official communication channel. One of the board directors - who was a site member long before being a director - is inviting questions to his official club email address and saying he will answer or pose those to others. He has already answered some of the questions posed on here so far from kicking things into the long grass, I would say he is mowing that grass to try and make a smooth path !  As they say, dont look a gift horse in the mouth - especially when one of the complaints people have is a lack of communication ! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

37 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Why should some people change their ways on this forum. Lets cheese off anybody who tries to bring about positives.

It's about balance. Constant carping and negativity is tedious and very wearing but constant and uncritical 'happy clapping' is just about as bad and possibly more dangerous.

I have been critical of poor communication in recent times but the new channel mentioned by Scotty is a very welcome development.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

It's about balance. Constant carping and negativity is tedious and very wearing but constant and uncritical 'happy clapping' is just about as bad and possibly more dangerous.

I have been critical of poor communication in recent times but the new channel mentioned by Scotty is a very welcome development.

Totally agree.