Poor performances

CaleyTennis

I am curious to know why our performances are so inconsistent and I'm fairly certain that our management team are asking the same thing? 

As I stated the other day, our players are capable of producing the goods on any given day. Our results and better performances have been against the top 3 teams, we are unbeaten against Ayr, Dundee U and only lost once against Ross Co and that was a game in which we played extremely well in. 

So, is it something psychological or something else like poor training methods (highly unlikely in my opinion), expecting to just turn up and win against teams like Alloa, Patrick or Falkirk (again unlikely) or something else? 

This could be asked about Chelsea or the French Rugby team or at the minute too so that's why I'm curious to know if it is possible psychological? 

It's not rocket science guys ffs we don't score enough goals Iv got 25 year old scissors with more of a cutting edge than us! Most of the teams in this division are gash if u can somehow find a 15-20 goal a season striker on the no doubt pitiful wage wer offering well win more games but as Robbos said to a pal of mine I find me a goal scorer for £500 a week it's not championship manager

• Agree 1

I think we need to vary our formation at times as I’ve said before two up front certainly produces more opportunities, but I am aware that really good performances have been with using 4231 as in all games v County and one of the best performances this season against Partick when we went 3 goals up in first half only to lose two late on.

I think Saturdays performances from the players or lack of it, was down to them thinking about tonight’s game and I’m sure we will get a good performance tonight.

One thing was evident from Saturday if we play 4231 we need to play Polworth in the centre of the 3 , Doran and Walsh appeared to show us they are not comfortable in the middle  to pick a pass as Polworth does when he plays there.

• Like 1

Agree Gregor - two up top for me as long as we have a winger supplying decent balls in.  Old fashioned maybe but I'm not bothered.  I haven't heard about Polworth, I think he picked up a knock at the last game - probably down to an overly robust challenge by Dross Raper again - hence was out at the weekend.  Which, agreed again, was poor but I concur that they were pre-occupied with tonight and I'm not offering that as an excuse.  Jaysus, we need a win against these feckers tonight, scoosh Dundee United and then the season is off again...........?

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

I am curious to know why our performances are so inconsistent and I'm fairly certain that our management team are asking the same thing? 

As I stated the other day, our players are capable of producing the goods on any given day. Our results and better performances have been against the top 3 teams, we are unbeaten against Ayr, Dundee U and only lost once against Ross Co and that was a game in which we played extremely well in. 

So, is it something psychological or something else like poor training methods (highly unlikely in my opinion), expecting to just turn up and win against teams like Alloa, Patrick or Falkirk (again unlikely) or something else? 

This could be asked about Chelsea or the French Rugby team or at the minute too so that's why I'm curious to know if it is possible psychological? 

Have you ever considered starting a more positive thread ?

• Facepalm 1

Why would they be preoccupied with today's game at the weekend ? I didn't think raising your game to play your local rivals was so all consuming.

I think they were just under strength and played like a bunch of fannies.

Edited by Satan
  • Funny 2