Scotty

It's a good job I can type, because I have lost my voice shouting at that amazing cup tie. A game that had everything and some good performances as well. To come back twice and nearly win it at the end showed great character from the team, and hopefully we can take this into the next game. And to silence the county rabble at the end was priceless. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 6

Good cup tie swinging from end to end. I did think we deserved to win it in extra time . However the penalty shoot out was great in front of the county end.  What a shift by Jordan White two well taken goals and stepping up to take the first penalty. Finally we see off county. Hope this acts as a catalyst. Good support from the crowd and a much better feel all round. Well done to the whole team. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

I this I should say that everyone, including the management deserve enormous credit for tonight :ictscarf:.  They showed great character coming back twice from a goal down and nearly won it before ET when Fox nearly scored an OG (I think) and we also hit the bar.

As I said in another thread, Mark Ridgers is my new hero, for that penalty save alone :).  With our record of penalties scored this season, it's even better that we win it without missing one.

I am really happy tonight and am hoping this is the springboard to success in the league. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CaleyTennis said:

I this I should say that everyone, including the management deserve enormous credit for tonight :ictscarf:.  They showed great character coming back twice from a goal down and nearly won it before ET when Fox nearly scored an OG (I think) and we also hit the bar.

As I said in another thread, Mark Ridgers is my new hero, for that penalty save alone :).  With our record of penalties scored this season, it's even better that we win it without missing one.

I am really happy tonight and am hoping this is the springboard to success in the league. 

FORGIVE ME MR RAE & MR ROBERTSON :farmer:

sheep.jpg

• Like 1
  • Funny 8

Well worth the win 

Never gave up 

Beaton and his assistants woeful . Fourth official spent game talking to Ferguson with frequent thumbs up . Gardyne should have had second yellow for head into Mackay and Van der weg straight red for punch after .

however - who cares they’re out and we march on 

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

22 minutes ago, Kind of Blue said:

A fantastic win and so enjoyable to beat the County.  The whole team were a credit to the club and you could see how much it meant to the players at the end.

In all the excitement I lost my glasses  ?

Did you check your head for your glasses?

• Funny 4

Great game and a team full of heros. Dominated the second half and extra time and showed great character to twice come back from a goal down and to hold our nerve and show great professionalism during the penalty shoot out. Five really well struck penalties.

The Scottish Cup loves ICT and ICT loves the Scottish Cup. Maybe, technically another draw but what a draw it was !

If we can continue to take that sort of skill and determination into the league then who knows, promotion through the play offs may not be beyond us.

Finally, surely now those loudly critical of Jordan White should admit their mistake.

• Agree 6

26 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Great game and a team full of heros. Dominated the second half and extra time and showed great character to twice come back from a goal down and to hold our nerve and show great professionalism during the penalty shoot out. Five really well struck penalties.

The Scottish Cup loves ICT and ICT loves the Scottish Cup. Maybe, technically another draw but what a draw it was !

If we can continue to take that sort of skill and determination into the league then who knows, promotion through the play offs may not be beyond us.

Finally, surely now those loudly critical of Jordan White should admit their mistake.

Jordan White! He's alright!

• Agree 2

in hospital in Elgin but managed internet connection to get BBC commentary continually interrupted by dropouts, drug rounds and the like. But heard the final penalty. Have'nt felt so high footie-wise since making it to Parkhead on the Tuesday night all those years ago. Scottish Cup eh? Supercaleygo.........??

• Agree 3

Absolutely fantastic performance from all the team and the fans were excellent too.

Best atmosphere at the stadium all season.

Maybe I won’t get ridiculed anymore with my thoughts about a certain player ? 

However this was a real team effort and they all deserve so much praise for their performances over the two cup games against County , maybe we can dream of another Hampden visit.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic