Scotty

Still basking this morning in that warm feeling of Scottish Cup success.  btw, who scored our 5th penalty? (as I said on another post,  my internet went down at the crucial moment).  Great performance by all 5 penalty takers in what must have been a hugely pressurised situation. Not forgetting, of course, Mark Ridgers contribution in saving one.

Well done again to all concerned.

• Agree 1

Sadly wasn't there but delighted with the result. White is always a bit of a Marmite player for me but not going to complain when he bags some goals for us! Apparently a good atmosphere generated by the Young Team so hopefully they are back on Saturday in good numbers again. Some of the videos of the players celebrating which are doing the rounds on Twitter are great to see. Clearly meant a lot to them. Delighted for them and the fans that went along last night :smile:

6 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Still basking this morning in that warm feeling of Scottish Cup success.  btw, who scored our 5th penalty? (as I said on another post,  my internet went down at the crucial moment).  Great performance by all 5 penalty takers in what must have been a hugely pressurised situation. Not forgetting, of course, Mark Ridgers contribution in saving one.

Well done again to all concerned.

Nathan Austin put away the fifth.

17 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Fair play to White he got us thro hopefully he can kick on from this get the concrete out of his boots and score a few in the league cmon big yin we no you've a player in there finish the season strong you might not end up at Elgin!

Keep listening to your daughter , you know she is right ? 

• Funny 1

iHE dropouts and drugs in Elgin? Like the love - it's all around. Mind you, in Dr Grays hospital it's easier to get Morphine than Gaviscon unless you know your way around the protocols. Am learning more about NHS than footie.

He's White, not Shyte, He's fecking dynamite, he's Jordan White (repeat).  Mon AS, you know you want to join in...  What a great result, atmosphere, loads of new faces, finally a victory against that lot.  Life is good.  ICTTID.  Let's kick on now and do Morton Saturday.  Any news on Walsh?

Great vocal contribution from the young crew last night.

Hope they all come along in equal numbers and equal enthusiasm on Saturday for the match against Morton.

The cup run is a very welcome bonus but somehow securing promotion still has to be the priority. Our home form has been poor so far but backing like last night for the rest of the season could make a real difference.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

43 minutes ago, Weekend Hacker said:

He's White, not Shyte, He's fecking dynamite, he's Jordan White (repeat).  Mon AS, you know you want to join in...  What a great result, atmosphere, loads of new faces, finally a victory against that lot.  Life is good.  ICTTID.  Let's kick on now and do Morton Saturday.  Any news on Walsh?

Haha gotta admit warming to the big man after last night have his name on the back of my top if he keeps it up

18 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Haha gotta admit warming to the big man after last night have his name on the back of my top if he keeps it up

You can probably squeeze the letters in next to the traffic cone.

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, The Long Man said:

A County fan says, "We have the better players, but you have the better management".. Hmm, one for the chin strokers.

?

I think they have more expensive players but Im not too sure they are better? However they do have the squad depth we lack. 

Jordan White my MOTM last night btw 

• Agree 3

After stroking my chin for a while, I agree with you ocg. I don't think there is anything much between the teams, as we have seen, but as he admits we are better managed (take note, doubters), and have most often played the better football in these classic derbies. The first half of the proposition is their comfort blanket. I prefer our route of finding the rough diamonds and polishing them, rather than splashing out on already known players at greater expense and not always for any greater benefit.

JW just keeps getting better. The shift he puts in, not just in attack, is inspiring.

The pressure on those penalty takers must have been nerve jangling. Hats off.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, The Long Man said:

A County fan says, "We have the better players, but you have the better management".. Hmm, one for the chin strokers.

?

Wev still got some class in our team doran tremarco and Polly would walk in to there first team! No doubts wev a more expierienced manager hoped there pair would crash and burn like foran did no signs of it yet maybe now wer down to the nitty gritty bit of the season tho!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Wev still got some class in our team doran tremarco and Polly would walk in to there first team! No doubts wev a more expierienced manager hoped there pair would crash and burn like foran did no signs of it yet maybe now wer down to the nitty gritty bit of the season tho!

Draper would make a big difference to us though. When you see him playing against you, it sinks in what an important player he was. Gardyne is decent too, though it's amazing how long he lasted last night considering he's about 60.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

25 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Draper would make a big difference to us though. When you see him playing against you, it sinks in what an important player he was. Gardyne is decent too, though it's amazing how long he lasted last night considering he's about 60.

Your right drapers a great player I'd have a fair few of there players defo gardyne and Lyndsey! Even rat face Billy back! Where's wee roddy mcgregor these days he was shaping up 2 be a top prospect for us

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Your right drapers a great player I'd have a fair few of there players defo gardyne and Lyndsey! Even rat face Billy back! Where's wee roddy mcgregor these days he was shaping up 2 be a top prospect for us

good question...............

• Like 1

What a fantastic team performance, the players gave absolutely everything, nothing was left in the lockers. My preference for MotM was Coll Donaldson. He was bossing the County guys all night to the point of almost ridiculing them. He was knackered at the end but summoned enough energy to congratulate the fans. Legendary status incoming. Jordan White got better as the game went on and thoroughly deserved his two goals. Polly was instrumental in most of our creative moves. McCart backed up Coll brilliantly. Ridgers was mostly a spectator but kept his focus when penalties came along, well done Marky. Most of the team could have qualified for MotM positions. How about Nathan Austin. He was sensational after he came on, stretching and harrassing the Couny defence all over the park with his running and peculiar skills.

There were some slack moments, but we can gloss over that given the outcome and intensity of the occasion.

Never in doubt as they say.....

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic