Scotty

I feared the worst when Nathan started his run up in that slightly stuttering way - so many times when you see somebody do that, they miss or the goalie saves it. Fortunately it just managed to evade Fox's grasp but it was a close thing.

What a night though! I made the decision to drive up from Perth on a February school night, with my daughter, at the last minute, thinking it was probably a mad escapade that would end in disappointment (especially as I was at the home match against Partick Thistle a couple of weeks ago which was diabolical). But sometimes you have to travel in hope and believe in the need to support your team. 

On that front, we spent the first half in the North Stand with the noisy crew, enjoying bolstering the atmosphere there, then switched to join other family members in the main stand for the second half. I'm pleased to report that although my horn and occasional chanting initially seemed to be received with suspicion and furrowed brows among the quieter residents of the main stand, by the end of the match we'd managed to get a bit of participation going over there as well.

Terrific to see the commitment, effort and energy from the players and that they kept on going and in fact were more dominant the longer the game went on. And great to get the win, dump County out, and secure our place in the quarter finals. Safe to say, we were glad we'd made the effort!

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic