Cup final at the TCS

Jack Waddington

22 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

To be fair I think this is the only venue decision that could guarantee a crowd. 

The decision to invite non Scottish clubs has not been universally successful 

Have to say, it's been successful for them (the non Scottish teams), cos of the crowds the away teams take to their ground, it's the closest to European Football they'll get. But the amount that they take to Scotland is dismal, cos you would've thought Crusaders might have taken more than the just over a coach worth of fans here...

5 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

County play Connah's Quay in the Challenge Cup Final at the TCS. Anyone up for going in the Quay end to cheer them on til the final whistle? ?

Me and my kids are definitely up for that. Would be great if we could get a decent crowd there (would be great if we could regularly get a decent crowd to Caley home games but that’s a different thread) because I don’t see a great crowd coming up from Wales!

Not at this time of year I fear. Freezing cold  etc. Hopefully that might be in the past if...…..

you are willing to try Summer Football and see the difference.:-  Increased attendances, comfortable fans, more enjoyable footie, players more ready to run and play hard etc.  the list is, frankly, lengthy.:clapping:

24 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Wouldn't open the curtains to watch that a pathetic trophy anyway even our players looked embarrassed to have a fenced of VIP bit in club trop last year! Spraying lambrini about like they'd won the champions league lol!

Winning that cup initiated the good run to the end of last season.

Don't knock anything that can boost a team's confidence!

• Like 1

Just now, snorbens_caleyman said:

Winning that cup initiated the good run to the end of last season.

Don't knock anything that can boost a team's confidence!

If only that was a pre season trophy eh we'd have won the league I'm on the wind up course it's good to win a cup just a shame cunty will win this 1!

Going back to the initial suggestion, wouldn't it be fun to show a spot of Highland hospitality (the Highlands are ours after all) and fill the Connah's Quay end at this match. We could help to provide them with a record breaking crowd for their game and prevent County fans from taking over at our gaff. We could wear their colours and enjoy the carnival atmosphere of cup final day without any of the stress.

Andy Morrison speaks fondly of Inverness on the Nomad's website, but is also disappointed that the game is so far from home for his team's fans. Let's make him proud to come from here by supporting his team when they visit us.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Find it bizarre that any ICT fan is considering going to this game irrespective of what end they go in.

If you've got the cash burning in your pocket get along to the Partick game on the Friday or buy an ICT strip or just do something to support the club. They need the cash and far better you put it directly into the club itself some other way than going to a game that has nothing to do with ICT even if it is being held at our ground. 

• Agree 5

43 minutes ago, RiG said:

Find it bizarre that any ICT fan is considering going to this game irrespective of what end they go in.

If you've got the cash burning in your pocket get along to the Partick game on the Friday or buy an ICT strip or just do something to support the club. They need the cash and far better you put it directly into the club itself some other way than going to a game that has nothing to do with ICT even if it is being held at our ground. 

I go to see lots of neutral football games when my own team isn’t near by or not playing at all. The game will be on tv though so that will be good enough for me. 

Hopefully the county fans won’t be allowed to park their agricultural vehicles within the vicinity of the ground and there is a complete ban on entering the stadium with their whippets.

Regardless there will be some stench down the dump that afternoon.

Dougal

• Disagree 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

It'll be an embarrassment for Scottish football if this trophy is not won by a Scottish team. County or not we should all hope they win and it puts an end to this farce of expensive travel to other countries to play teams where the fans care no more than ours. A foreign team winning will only validate the decision to include rather than suggest it was a failed exercise.

As for obsessed ICT fans wanting to spend money to support a team against county not because they are fans but to see RC loose is like something OF fans do. As posted above if you have that free cash go support or invest in your own team.

• Agree 1