Cup final at the TCS

Jack Waddington

I've just spent the afternoon down at the stadium at the Irn Bru cup final. I bought a ticket for the Nomads section and met some lovely people and cheered the team on throughout the game. The fans put the County ones to shame with their singing (although they were quick to admit that they had a limited amount of songs) and they sang Caley thistle chants as well, just to wind up County. For a while Connah Quay were 1-0 up which I don't think they had really expected, but the fans continued to cheer the team on even after RC's goals and also at the end of the game. I would have loved for the Welsh side to win, and to those who wanted county to win just because they are Scottish, I say that if you are allowed to compete then you are of course perfectly within your rights to win if you are able.

I also think it is no-ones business but mine to suggest who I should support or what I should spend my hard earned money on, as one or two have tried to do earlier in this thread. I have everything I need interms of ICT merchandise and for those carefree souls who can do exactly as they please every weekend, not all of us are able to go to away games for various reasons such as other commitments, work, family or health issues. I had a great time, made some new friends and now have a team in Wales to keep an eye on.

Well done to the Nomads from Connahs Quay, both the team and the fans - for a wee club that only has about 200 fans at home games, they have done themselves proud and have at least one new fan.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, CaleyHedgehog said:

I've just spent the afternoon down at the stadium at the Irn Bru cup final. I bought a ticket for the Nomads section and met some lovely people and cheered the team on throughout the game. The fans put the County ones to shame with their singing (although they were quick to admit that they had a limited amount of songs) and they sang Caley thistle chants as well, just to wind up County. For a while Connah Quay were 1-0 up which I don't think they had really expected, but the fans continued to cheer the team on even after RC's goals and also at the end of the game. I would have loved for the Welsh side to win, and to those who wanted county to win just because they are Scottish, I say that if you are allowed to compete then you are of course perfectly within your rights to win if you are able.

I also think it is no-ones business but mine to suggest who I should support or what I should spend my hard earned money on, as one or two have tried to do earlier in this thread. I have everything I need interms of ICT merchandise and for those carefree souls who can do exactly as they please every weekend, not all of us are able to go to away games for various reasons such as other commitments, work, family or health issues. I had a great time, made some new friends and now have a team in Wales to keep an eye on.

Well done to the Nomads from Connahs Quay, both the team and the fans - for a wee club that only has about 200 fans at home games, they have done themselves proud and have at least one new fan.

Hear hear. Was great to listen to Inverness chants from the Nomads end too ? great fans. Also. They had Fon williams as a pundit for the welsh channel at the game i noticed! Someone local i suppose

Edited by lightlamp2
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Had a great time supporting Connah's Quay. Today was my second Challenge Cup final. 

Quite enjoyed this game was a entertaining 90 minutes was pissed off County won & was lifting our cup in our own ground but i was just glad it wasn't ICT getting beat 3-1. 

Connah's Quay was unlucky not have been more then a goal up at half time they had plenty of chances but they seemed shattered during the second half and County blew them away in the last 20 minutes of the game. 

I am proud we won this cup last season & was gutted we didn't get anywhere near the final this season. Don't care what anyone says could be literally be a cup shaped like Mickey mouse & I would still want Caley to win it it's what being a fan is all about!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

Attendance was 3057. What a poor turnout from the cun€Y fans considering it was a cup final and they only had to travel 11 miles.

To be fair, I doubt if we would have taken many more to a Challenge Cup final in Dingwall.

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

To be fair, I doubt if we would have taken many more to a Challenge Cup final in Dingwall.

We took more to the final in Perth.

3 hours ago, Satan said:

Was there not some damage done at the Global Energy Stadium recently by some of our 'support ...haven't heard much more about that  or any condemnation from our club...

Yes over 40 seats broken, what these young neds don't seem to realize is the clubs have to pay for the damage caused by them.

• Agree 3