Team for Tannadice on Tuesday

Caley Stan

Ridgers

Rooney   McKay   McCart   McHattie

McKay Trafford Chalmers McCauley

White Austin

Robbo chucked the Dunfermline game in order to seize the opportunity the cup offered to change the negative atmosphere around the club. It was a masterstroke. One more push and we're in the semi, everyone's excited, and we cruise into the play-offs on that high. Tuesday needs to be a day of rest.

Edited by Caley Stan
McDonald injured, McCart fit
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Hugh Johnston said:

And if we lose badly on Tuesday and then Sunday, what does that do for our confidence?. Need to play our strongest team in both games. If we beat Utd in both games, what will that do for their confidence?.

I agree with this. We just need to hope we dont run out of steam. Tremarcco  said yesterday players determined to get back to Hampden. 

• Agree 2

Fingers crossed Walsh be fit?  BUt I'd stick with Austin & White up top as I think they have started to form quite a good partnership.  No point in going down with a defensive formation.  What's th ecraic if it is a, ahem, draw?  Do we go replay or do we nee dto get a result?

10 hours ago, Yngwie said:

So, two games at Tannadice this week. If the footballing gods determine that we shall win one and only one of them, which would we choose?

If we lose on Tuesday, we are still in 4th place, with everything to play for. 

If we lose on Sunday, we are out of the Scottish Cup.

So if we could only win one, I would choose Sunday's game. 

Yes, I am ignoring fitness/injuries, fixture congestion, etc etc. As a supporter it's easy for me to want to go for everything. But I assume that the club and the team want that too.

• Agree 1

Looking forward has been the downfall for many teams in the past and backfired tremendously, we haven't got a big enough squad with the quality to rotate sufficiently without weakening the team.

Take tomorrow's game as it is forgetting about Sundays game and go from there. I'd rather have momentum going into Sunday's game and make Utd second guess than give them any kind of a lift.

• Agree 1

Playing guys who aren't fully fit is weakening the team...the club made a big deal about our youngsters who signed last summer - these boys, or the best of them should have been given more experience by now so going into March they could  be trusted to step in when required.

As it stands we've hardly seen them play in the 1st team and (maybe correctly) fans are unsure about putting them in to give an unfit senior a break.

This isnt just about The Dundee games, but the season as a whole - injuries tend to build up as the season wears on and we shouldve had a better look at our squad depth by now.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Satan said:

Playing guys who aren't fully fit is weakening the team...the club made a big deal about our youngsters who signed last summer - these boys, or the best of them should have been given more experience by now so going into March they could  be trusted to step in when required.

As it stands we've hardly seen them play in the 1st team and (maybe correctly) fans are unsure about putting them in to give an unfit senior a break.

This isnt just about The Dundee games, but the season as a whole - injuries tend to build up as the season wears on and we shouldve had a better look at our squad depth by now.

The young boys get a run when the seasons dead rubber should've been played in our challenge cup "run"! Where's wee mcgregor is he injured ? 

6 hours ago, Satan said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a majority of them have been held back for the U18s squad, I think they're on a title push, as they're top of their league (last time I checked), so I don't think Robbo/Barry wants to chuck them out in a game against the big boys where they might not be prepared. If anything, I think they'll be held off until July rolls around where they'll either be put up for loan to Highland League clubs or will be kept useful in friendly games.

Edit: I don't have a clue what I'm on about. I swear I saw somewhere that we were topping the tables in with the U18s team...

Edited by Jack Waddington

6 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Full steam ahead both games ffs they're professional athletes no coal miners playing at it should manage 2 games in a few days just hope no injuries Tuesday winning breeds confidence no point weakening the team Tuesday and getting mauled !

I agree Alan we have to field our strongest teams for both games and I hope to win both!  Robbo just has to tell the team its Ross County in different colours :wink:

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a majority of them have been held back for the U18s squad, I think they're on a title push, as they're top of their league (last time I checked), so I don't think Robbo/Barry wants to chuck them out in a game against the big boys where they might not be prepared. If anything, I think they'll be held off until July rolls around where they'll either be put up for loan to Highland League clubs or will be kept useful in friendly games.

Edit: I don't have a clue what I'm on about. I swear I saw somewhere that we were topping the tables in with the U18s team...

Under 18s haven’t had a lot of competitive games since November. They were top of the league and just lost out to Celtic on pens in the cup but since then there’s been very little. They played Hearts and unsurprisingly (due to rustiness) were beaten. Played against St mirren on Fri and were beaten 2-1 after beating them 5-1 down there. The winter break hasn’t been great for them but they’re still well clear at top of league. Could have done with getting a few of them on against East Kilbride when we were 3-0  up at half time. Tough league to fling them into but you’ve got to start somewhere!