How to use the budget wisely?

CaleyTennis

I see that Robbo is saying that he has to use his budget wisely ahead of next season, especially now that we have made a loss so, how should JR use the budget next season? 

I think it really depends on who stays and who goes but I am fairly certain that Polworth and OFW will be sold in order to free up some wages. 

I am thinking that we may see a few more of our youngsters get some match time too which is a positive.  I can also see us try and get a striker in if possible and maybe another centre half. 

Let me know what you think, I'm I completely on the wrong tracks or am I about right :ictscarf:?

5 minutes ago, Satan said:

Hoping he can fill it..?

Not seen anything to suggest this is the case yet.

I dunno the little Iv seen of mcgregor I'd defo rather he gets a run than some unknown jobber another Trafford if wer gonna be a mid table championship team for a while best to build for the future and nothing better than seeing boys from the youth teams get a chance if it dose t work there's always out of club jobbers floating about lol

• Agree 1

On 2/28/2019 at 10:37 AM, Satan said:

As I was saying before the Tuesday game - more of these guys should have been given more opportunities by now...but they haven't so aside from party tricks at half time we know very little about their 1st team capabilities.

For sure dunno what's happened to them no getting a look in ! Like the look of mackay and mcgregor the little Iv seen of them direct players just what wer needing ! Deffo the way ahead the youngsters if wer loosing money likes been reported let's hope they're good enough!

What people have to remember is that these youngsters are still only 16/17 years old so to expect them to dramatically change our season or be the saviours of the club is nonsense. The aim this season was to get promoted and until that is not possible, the young players will need to wait their time and, if they do play they need experienced players around them. The young players also need to visit the gym and bulk up a bit as they will struggle physically until do. Just look at the difference bulking up has made to Ryan Christie.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Hugh Johnston said:

What people have to remember is that these youngsters are still only 16/17 years old so to expect them to dramatically change our season or be the saviours of the club is nonsense. The aim this season was to get promoted and until that is not possible, the young players will need to wait their time and, if they do play they need experienced players around them. The young players also need to visit the gym and bulk up a bit as they will struggle physically until do. Just look at the difference bulking up has made to Ryan Christie.

You are right Hugh and if you look at Alan Simpsons profile photo he could mayby help them!

12 hours ago, Hugh Johnston said:

Agree there no point putting them in till the seasons a dead rubber but if promotion looks beyond us I'd like to see more of them get a run out see if they're up to it always remember what Hanson said bout Fergies babes brother don't win nothing with kids oooops!

On 2/26/2019 at 6:05 PM, CaleyTennis said:

I see that Robbo is saying that he has to use his budget wisely ahead of next season, especially now that we have made a loss so, how should JR use the budget next season? 

I think it really depends on who stays and who goes but I am fairly certain that Polworth and OFW will be sold in order to free up some wages. 

I am thinking that we may see a few more of our youngsters get some match time too which is a positive.  I can also see us try and get a striker in if possible and maybe another centre half. 

Let me know what you think, I'm I completely on the wrong tracks or am I about right :ictscarf:?

One way to substantially increase our budget is to be promoted. Automatic promotion may be close to being beyond us now but the route through the play offs is still very much open.

We should be concentrating on promotion and I am sure there is a plan A and a plan B depending on which division we find ourselves in.

You hear some folk saying we're not ready for promotion, or we won't survive in the premier league. Surely, even if we become a yoyo club, it is better to have a season of good travelling support coming to Inverness, and a parachute payment if we get relegated, rather than another season in the championship and another reduction to the playing budget. Although I think Robbo has done wonders assembling a squad that has achieved a Scottish Cup semi final and a good chance of a play off place, you have to ask how much more can he do if the budget is slashed again for another season in this league.