Team for Scottish Cup QF.

CaleyTennis

I would like to see us go for by going with an attack minded 4-4-2. 

Ridgers 

Rooney, Donaldson, McCart, Tremarco 

Doran, Walsh, Chalmers, Polworth 

White and Austin. 

I think John is likely to favour the 4-5-1 though so something along the lines of :

Ridgers 

Rooney, Donaldson, McCart, Tremarco 

Doran, Walsh, Chalmers, Welsh, Polworth 

White. 

• Agree 1

If all defenders are fit then I'd expect to see McKay at right-back ahead of Rooney as in the replay. 

If Walsh and MacDonald are still out then that's where Robbo has a decision to make, with McCauley, Austin and Trafford the only realistic starters and the latter 2 necessitating a change from the 4-2-3-1 that he would surely prefer to play.

Personally, I'd be tempted to play Rooney in midfield rather than sacrifice the shape or risk McCauley. 

One thing I had not realised until Tuesday was just how quick the United attack is. We were looking pretty stretched trying to stop their counter attacks. Pace is not something we have in a lot of our team so Robbo may want to think about how we combat United on the break when he picks his side. That was certainly when we looked pretty vulnerable the other night.

1 hour ago, Caley Stan said:

If all defenders are fit then I'd expect to see McKay at right-back ahead of Rooney as in the replay. 

If Walsh and MacDonald are still out then that's where Robbo has a decision to make, with McCauley, Austin and Trafford the only realistic starters and the latter 2 necessitating a change from the 4-2-3-1 that he would surely prefer to play.

Personally, I'd be tempted to play Rooney in midfield rather than sacrifice the shape or risk McCauley. 

Hopefully McDonald be fit looks a good player not afraid to take a man on McCauley doesn't look fit enough to play a full 90 and tbh don't rate Trafford would rather try big Rooney there if needs must!

3 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Hopefully McDonald be fit looks a good player not afraid to take a man on McCauley doesn't look fit enough to play a full 90 and tbh don't rate Trafford would rather try big Rooney there if needs must!

Aye McDonald looks an exciting prospect. Disappointingly McCauley looks slower than a week in jail. 

Edited by cif73
  • Funny 1

15 hours ago, cif73 said:

Aye McDonald looks an exciting prospect. Disappointingly McCauley looks slower than a week in jail. 

McCauley does have the look of a pub player treadmill for him no doubts he's on long contract to can't wait to see him flying up the wing lol