Directed to Charles . . .

JockWatt

The Inverness Welfare League was first set up by Harry Munro about 1950 (who I remember had a daughter, Hazel!). He was the sport reporter for the Highland News and Football Times.  Surely he had an obituary that I can't find anywhere ?  Maybe you can ???

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

Charlie takes a licking but keeps on ticking -i.e when he comes back full time that is. Smile

What is wrong with 'Charlie' ?  Nothing too serious I trust ?  I for one hope NOT !

7 hours ago, IBM said:

He went off in a huff after getting a lot of stick on the forum Jock. But we do miss him on here. 

He would have got rather less stick if he had himself responded to others in a rather more respectful way or just simply ignored some of the rather inappropriate comments that were directed at him.  He had a lot of knowledge and valuable insights, and whether you agreed with him or not, his posts were usually well worth a read.  I think many miss his contributions on here and he seemed particularly keen on discussing just the kind of thing that Jock wants information on.

Reading back through my post, it reads a bit like an obituary.  If Charles does still browse the forum from time to time, perhaps he will respond to confirm that he is still alive and kicking!  C'mon Charles.  Get yer erse back on here, even if it is only on the Olde Inverness forum.

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

If Charles does still browse the forum from time to time, perhaps he will respond to confirm that he is still alive and kicking!  C'mon Charles.  Get yer erse back on here, even if it is only on the Olde Inverness forum.

He is still around on Facebook. He last logged in here in May (after a particular subject interested him I believe). that info and his previous posts are all available on his public profile. He is not banned and the exile is self-imposed.  

I think he definitely should come back. I look upon him as one of the team because of his longevity of access and the knowledge he has about ICT. Which is very considerable.

Also, he is a bright and very knowledgeable bloke ,Jock, and if his personality is somewhat different to yours or mine then there is nothing wrong with that --- so be it, variety is the spice of life  and irritating people also serve to keep you on your toes. eh? So long as he is not normally abusive and/or contemptuous of other fans on here then I think that he should be very welcome.:tongue:

• 3 months later...