Scotty

Bloody brilliant!

All of the boys played well, but Trafford and Doran pick of the bunch? (Best game from Charlie since he joined)

Didn't see the first half, but got all of the 2nd, and Dundee were never really in it, bar the lucky penalty

My neighbour must be wondering what the hell I was watching when Doran got the winner

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Yes, unlike Stephen Thompson with his biased comments at the end. 

Thompson's only redeeming comment was admitting Nathan Austin was onside after watching the replay. After saying it was a penalty (we'll probably by his standards when he played) I wasn't expecting to hear that from him! 

One of them did say at half time that we didn't get the credit we deserved for our style of play. Really feel the team is gelling now, with the midfield coming together and White making the most of his skills as front man. Could be a great run in to the end of the season, if we can keep that up.

"making the most of his skills as front man"

Best description of big Jordan yet. I thought he was superb today, really growing into his role in the side:thumbup:

• Like 2

A great all round performance from a small squad who ran all day for the cause despite playing two games a week for consecutive weeks.

We were the better team by far and Doran's extra time winner was the best it felt to be an ICT fan in two years.

I don't want to dwell for too long on anything other than our superb whole hearted performance but it would be neglectful to gloss over the fact that we were nearly robbed of our rightful place in the semi finals by one very poor and one utterly abysmal decision by the officials. After unchecked sectarian conduct, the performance of our officials comes a very close second to being Scottish football's greatest shame.

It's great to be in the semi finals and the cash will be a lifeline. If I am being honest, I thought that our most realistic chance of a Hampden visit would be drawing Queens Park in the Challenge Cup.

While it's great to have a Hampden semi to look forward to but we can't let it distract from the primary task of fending off resurgent Dunfermline Athletic for the final play off place. Continue to play like we did today and that route back to the Premiership is still very much open to us. Especially with the magnificent Mr Doran back to something very close to his pre injury best.

Happy days !

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, The Long Man said:

One of them did say at half time that we didn't get the credit we deserved for our style of play. Really feel the team is gelling now, with the midfield coming together and White making the most of his skills as front man. Could be a great run in to the end of the season, if we can keep that up.

Agreed... and if we can get Walsh fit, with McDonald and McCauley adding a bit, who knows

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, tm4tj said:

As I said in the preview "I would be more concerned if I were a Dundee United fan after the performances of both sides last Tuesday. :thumbup:

Fantastic result for the club and all concerned and wasn't Jordan brilliant up front as the lone striker. What a flick on in between the two defenders :clapoverhead:

Here's the pre-amble for the full report......

Agreed, I thought Jordan was immense today. Totally bossed their defence for the whole game.

• Like 1

Fantastic well deserved result, despite all the cheating by scumdee utd and the dodgy ref. - good that it was there on tv for all to see for once.Tears in my eyes when Doran scored. Well done boys - you were outstanding one and all. As always the travelling fans were fantastic too - you could be heard loud and clear singing and cheering the team on in the lead up to Doran's extra time goal.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

I think we are all missing the one true, real hero responsible for this result.

Take a bow Michael Gardyne, without your unselfish schooling of one of our players in the previous round I Very much doubt that today would have turned out so well for us. Bravo Sir!!!

• Funny 5

46 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

On the downside, does that booking put super Coll out of the semi-final???

What a bummer if so :moon02:

Yes they said that on the TV but we will manage and he will be ok for the final :wink:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I thought that our most realistic chance of a Hampden visit would be drawing Queens Park in the Challenge Cup.

Indeed, and it certainly didn’t look like we’d be getting this far when it all started with  that tame draw against Edinburgh City.

• Like 1

A great team performance,  every player giving their all for each other. I said to my son when they sent mcmullin on, "Hear comes the diver,  he's been sent on to get a penalty", and that's what happened.  He did the same a couple of seasons ago when he jumped over Drapers leg to win a penalty and utd won 1-0, at least this time justice was done. ICT were by far the better team, and should have been in front with Austins goal, but it was so sweet to win it the way we did. Doran, Chalmers and Trafford were the pick for me, but the whole team needs to be congratulated. Brilliant!

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

Superb result and even better performance.  Im sure there will be others on with a more detailed report but a few highlights for me.

- formation was spot on and we dominated the midfield as a result. Massive credit to the manager and backroom for that.

- Jordan White was unplayable. I've not been his biggest fan but he ragdolled the Utd defence. Great hold up play, superb workrate and won almost every header. My MOTM.

- Charlie Trafford not far behind.  Seemed to be first to every ball and helped keep United pinned in.  Kept it simple but won every challenge.

- after the controversy of their equaliser and the boost it gave the home crowd we responded brilliantly.  It would have been easy to let the heads go down but it didn't affect the players at all and there was only going to be one winner.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, tm4tj said:

On the downside, does that booking put super Coll out of the semi-final???

What a bummer if so :moon02:

From looking at the rules they are reset prior to the Semi Final....so think he's ok.

Screenshot 2019-03-03 at 19.19.55.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Confused 1

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic