Who's all going to Hampden

MorayJaggie

5 hours ago, gingerjaggy said:

Can’t wait for this coming up with hopefully a few lads that have never been to a game in Scotland. They are both Ipswich Town fans so could do with some cheering up ?

Waiting for someone to call them gloryhunters ???

• Funny 1

Reported on Radio Scotland this morning that Robbo has said that a smaller venue than Hampden would be better for our semifinal as it would create a better atmosphere. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, IBM said:

Reported on Radio Scotland this morning that Robbo has said that a smaller venue than Hampden would be better for our semifinal as it would create a better atmosphere. 

I agree as I don't see the jambos taking 25000 to Hampden for a semi final against us. Be lucky if there is 15000 including our own support inside a 50000 seater. Makes sense they need to move it. Pittodrie Maybe? 

• Like 1

in a way it does make sense. However I think the players from both sides would like the chance to play at Hampden and its a great day out for the fans. 

• Agree 1

Realistically it makes sense to have it at a smaller venue ,but speaking to fans they relish the thought of going to Hampden .It may just be the deciding factor for some as its on Tele.

It would never be at a venue to suit ICT in any case . 

Hampden here we come !!!

Edited by izzy
  • Like 1

Personally I feel Hampden should be reserved for the Final. Having said that, there is a need to be clear about where the    semis are going to be played ASAP.  One way to achieve that would be to play the quarter finals to a finish at the first time of asking. That way a venue appropriate to the geographical location of the teams and the anticipated crowd could be quickly decided. That would also help in reducing fixture congestion and in keeping costs down for fans. 

• Agree 2

Surely if one semi final is at Hampden the other one should be there too. I think to take away the venue at this stage is unfair on players and fans alike.

Everybody thought the semi final was going to be at Hampden so thats is where it should be.

If rules on semi finals venues are to be changed it should be done from next season so all  clubs and fans ade aware of possibility of other neutral venue.

Some players have never played at the national staduim and to take it away at this stage is not  correct imo.

Mark Ridgers was in paper yesterday saying he has been there 3 times as a sub but never actually  played before.

I understand the argument that only the final should be played there but that should be the case for all clubs.

I have had a look at Hearts fans forum and they feel that Robbo is trying to be cute in getting game played at Eastwr Road as this would give us more of a chance than being played at Hampden.

As far as Im comcerned this season should be Hampden as planned.

• Agree 2

From a very selfish point of view Easter Road would be great. 8 second walk for me but I completely understand why many would want it at Hampden especially, as Gregor says, if one semi final is played there then the other should be as well. Personally I think only the final should be played there but so long as they come to a decision as quickly as possible then I am sure #CaleyAway will make every effort to get there.

Excluding 2014, when Hampden was out of action, the last time seems to be1999 - again Hampden was closed for redevelopment and opened for the Final in 1999. The latest one I can find when Hampden was open is 1995 when Celtic played Hibs at Ibrox in both Semi Final and Replay. Airdrie beat Hearts at Hampden in the other semi-final. 

4 hours ago, Gregor said:

Surely if one semi final is at Hampden the other one should be there too.

Yes.  Because otherwise there could be an advantage for the finalists who played there in the semis. 

Just that little bit of local knowledge - how the wind swirls, for example - or simply being a bit more familiar with the place, could be a factor which helps to make a difference in the final.

1 hour ago, HawkeyeTheGnu said:

Excluding 2014, when Hampden was out of action, the last time seems to be1999 - again Hampden was closed for redevelopment and opened for the Final in 1999. The latest one I can find when Hampden was open is 1995 when Celtic played Hibs at Ibrox in both Semi Final and Replay. Airdrie beat Hearts at Hampden in the other semi-final. 

Celtic played home games at Hampden that season so they maybe played at Ibrox to make it neutral.

24 minutes ago, Joe DiMaggio said:

Celtic played home games at Hampden that season so they maybe played at Ibrox to make it neutral.

Thanks Joe - I’d forgotten about that. Although that didn’t seem an issue for the final, which saw Celtic play Airdrie at Hampden. 

Anyway, I must be mad looking for logic in how Scottish Football makes its decisions.