Who's all going to Hampden

MorayJaggie

1 hour ago, WYNESS101 said:

Anyone heard what happened in the meeting?

At a guess, the ICT Chairman stamped his feet and the SFA said, times are decided and announced with TV agreed so of you toddle and be happy with your 1/4 share of all gate receipts (minus costs & event expenses). The end.

TBH I've been to the previous ICT semi finals in both SC & LC as have many others even going back to 2003 & 2004 seasons where if I recall games were on at 3pm and even then the ICT support wasn't huge. Obviously the club was in lower leagues and should in theory have had a smaller fan base but given attendances over recent years I'd argue its no different fanbase now.

Edited by bdu98196
Pedants

A quarter share after SFA have deducted stadium costs and taken their percentage.  In reality we'll get about 12% to 15%.

As I have tried to explain on here before, the cups, even the Scottish Cup, aren't anywhere near as lucrative as people think.  Net income from this semi will barely make it into 6 figures.

34 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

A quarter share after SFA have deducted stadium costs and taken their percentage.  In reality we'll get about 12% to 15%.

As I have tried to explain on here before, the cups, even the Scottish Cup, aren't anywhere near as lucrative as people think.  Net income from this semi will barely make it into 6 figures.

I don’t think you’re too far wide of the mark, but just as a ball park figure:

75000 combined attendance and £20 average ticket makes £1.5M. 12% of that would be £180k.

16 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

I don’t think you’re too far wide of the mark, but just as a ball park figure:

75000 combined attendance and £20 average ticket makes £1.5M. 12% of that would be £180k.

Add TV and sponsorship money and it should be slightly north of £200,000. Double that if we reach the final as either Celtic or Aberdeen will ensure that Hampden is much fuller than it was for the 2015 final.

75000 combined?  You're having a giraffe!! Even assuming 50000 for the other game, there's no chance our game will do 25000.  Take off the SFA/Sponsor/club freebies as well.  A not inconsiderable number of tickets will be concession and in the cheaper seats, so I think we'll be struggling to do £20/ticket average.  Then there's all our own expenses, player bonuses, accomodation (I imagine they'll stay down at least the night before) etc.

So, yeah, gross income may be more...but, as I said, net figure will be lucky to get into 6 figures.

Eh?

There's nothing emotional expressed in those posts....they are simply part of a discussion on the (perceived) realities of a situation.

In saying that, if we were to attach emotion then I'm not sure being happy about getting a pittance from the semi final would be appropriate!!

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

75000 combined?  You're having a giraffe!! Even assuming 50000 for the other game, there's no chance our game will do 25000.  Take off the SFA/Sponsor/club freebies as well.  A not inconsiderable number of tickets will be concession and in the cheaper seats, so I think we'll be struggling to do £20/ticket average.  Then there's all our own expenses, player bonuses, accomodation (I imagine they'll stay down at least the night before) etc.

So, yeah, gross income may be more...but, as I said, net figure will be lucky to get into 6 figures.

£100K is not to be sniffed at and it will probably be more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CaleyD said:

Jeezo Don, I said it was a ball park figure! I thought I was agreeing with you ?

FWIW, I think Hearts will bring upwards of 20000, considering it’s their first Scottish Cup semi for 7 years and first trip to Hampden for 6. Not sure how many giraffes though ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Jeezo Don, I said it was a ball park figure! I thought I was agreeing with you ?

FWIW, I think Hearts will bring upwards of 20000, considering it’s their first Scottish Cup semi for 7 years and first trip to Hampden for 6. Not sure how many giraffes though ?

Hope for the best....expect something a bit less.

News from AGM last night is that we're still haemorrhaging money, so every penny counts and I'd love for it to be nearer your estimation than mine.

• Like 1

Why are some fans so hell-bent on dwelling on negatives?   Quickest way to depression.   Please dwell on the great days, the Caley Ballistic days, the 9 Men v Hearts, the Scottish Cup semi and final, the recent quarter final v Dundee Utd.  I go to all games in hope rather than expectation - and savour these great times.   Please let the semi, and maybe final, help the Clubs finances and be positive of the future - PLEASE.  

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, CaleyD said:

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

Got to agree with Mantis here. I'm expecting Hearts to take a pretty heft support through. Maybe not the full 20k but not too far short.

• Agree 1

League business still has to be the priority. It may seem less glamorous than a Hampden semi final and certainly less glamorous than a Hampden final but reaching the final might ease or postpone our financial crisis for three or four months but promotion through the play offs could eliminate it altogether for years to come.

I just got an email saying tickets on sale to ST holders Monday 25/03 and general sale on 27/03. Prices are...

South Stand: £30 Adult, Concession £15
East Stand: £20 Adult, Concession £10