Who's all going to Hampden

MorayJaggie

5 hours ago, Caol jag said:

any idea how many we have shifted? we are attending as a family of 5 ?

I’m guessing nearly our entire allocation handed. At a pure shot in the dark, I’m saying maybe 20,000 to 30,000.  Maybe a bit less.....

On 4/4/2019 at 5:10 PM, Jack Waddington said:

I'm guessing not even a smidge of the allocation handed. At a pure shot in the dark, I'm saying maybe about 2 to 3 thousand, maybe a bit more...

It's not about the quantity. More about the enthusiasm and dedication of those who will be there. ICT have never been let down by our away support whatever the numbers from 130 to 13000.

• Like 1

I’ve been to many away games over the years when numbers attending were low.  However ICT away fans make up for lack in numbers by enthusiasm and voice - everyone joins in the singing, chanting, clapping and, if drums there, even better.  A few fans can sound like umpteen times their number if they’re vocal.  That’s why home fans are not heard - so far away in North Stand and Main Stand so silent.  No wonder the away games are more enjoyable for the fans AND the team.  Let’s all be VERY vocal at Hampden.  It makes such a difference. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/15/2019 at 2:46 PM, Scotty said:

..... and the SFA have chosen to exercise their right to do so. Its not a week-by-week decision, its a decision made, ahead of time, for the whole season although the SFA have set a few exception dates (for Scotland games I think). Nothing can be broadcast on TV between 2:45pm and 5:15pm on a Saturday unless its on one of those exception dates. Theoretically you could have a kickoff up to about 12:45 on a Saturday and still have enough time to get it finished before the 2:45pm blackout comes into effect ... that extra half-hour might have been quite useful for an early kick-off especiailly if bus or train times need to be taken into account. 

I did not realise that only Scotland, England and Montenegro actually applied these rules .... This article gives a decent overview
https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/articles/item/what-is-the-black-out-rule-in-football-and-is-it-lawful

What seems to be slipping through the cracks here is that the ICT and Hearts support is being forced to attend at these ridiculous kick off times due to the SFA's enforced blackout period between 2.45 and 5.15 only because the SFA want to get their pound of flesh from the TV rights which they hold and can't sell for a later kick off due to their own rules. In other words everybody has to turn up early so that the SFA can get their cut on the TV rights. This game could have gone ahead at 3.00pm without TV coverage.

I have said it before on other related topics we should boycott the matches where the SFA insist on stupid kick off times to circumvent their own rules and collect on their TV rights, ruin their TV spectacle, we need only do it once ( and advertise it) and they will get the message, no opposing fans means no spectacle, a dead atmosphere and a poor viewing experience. I live within 15 minutes of Hampden but I will not be attending nor will I be putting money in the pockets of those who are unfit to run OUR game be it local or national. I suspect many of our national supporters will be doing the same, starve them out.

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, wynthank15 said:

I live within 15 minutes of Hampden but I will not be attending nor will I be putting money in the pockets of those who are unfit to run OUR game be it local or national.

Bad enough not attending, but you do realise that your argument also - in fact, primarily - prevents you from watching it on TV?

• Like 1

I can hardly believe that an ICT fan would forgo watching his team at Hampden because of the SFA and their awful policies.    Some of our players may never have played there before, and may never play there again.   Such occasions make memories to be savoured for all concerned, young and old.   I was too  ill to attend the final in 2015 but have great memories of the semi final - wonderful David Raven goal.  I hope all going to Hampden on Saturday have a great time, no matter the result - such are days out following ICT - come on Caleyaway.  Raise the roof- make plenty noise. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Bad enough not attending, but you do realise that your argument also - in fact, primarily - prevents you from watching it on TV?

Yes, as I say starve them out. If we don't make a stand now there wont be a game in 10 years. Do you realise that between the time Rangers were relegated to the 2nd season after they returned the prem lost 500,000 supporters? That's with all the best supported clubs allegedly back in the division. Look at our own Chairman's comments regarding our financial position and lack of support. Change is needed and getting rid of the incompetents at the head of the sport is the first step. I am not suggesting people stop supporting their teams only boycotting matches where the support is being messed about due to the SFA's vested financial interest. These people have no interest in the game only their own financial survival, it's time to root them out and I feel the sacrifice will be worth it if others join the bandwagon and refuse to be taken advantage of.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, lizi said:

I can hardly believe that an ICT fan would forgo watching his team at Hampden because of the SFA and their awful policies.    Some of our players may never have played there before, and may never play there again.   Such occasions make memories to be savoured for all concerned, young and old.   I was too  ill to attend the final in 2015 but have great memories of the semi final - wonderful David Raven goal.  I hope all going to Hampden on Saturday have a great time, no matter the result - such are days out following ICT - come on Caleyaway.  Raise the roof- make plenty noise. 

Hi Lizi, I trust your health has improved, I was lucky enough to see the boys win in 2015 and will never forget it especially when I thought of where we had come from, I will admit to being misty eyed at full time given all the highs and lows of the previous years. That said my reasons are as above as to why ALL supporters need to make a stand at this time and I mean supporters of all clubs. I hope you enjoy the match.

14 minutes ago, wynthank15 said:

Yes, as I say starve them out. If we don't make a stand now there wont be a game in 10 years. Do you realise that between the time Rangers were relegated to the 2nd season after they returned the prem lost 500,000 supporters? That's with all the best supported clubs allegedly back in the division. Look at our own Chairman's comments regarding our financial position and lack of support. Change is needed and getting rid of the incompetents at the head of the sport is the first step. I am not suggesting people stop supporting their teams only boycotting matches where the support is being messed about due to the SFA's vested financial interest. These people have no interest in the game only their own financial survival, it's time to root them out and I feel the sacrifice will be worth it if others join the bandwagon and refuse to be taken advantage of.

Much of what you say is true but boycotting matches is effectively abandoning the team and will only make matters worse.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, wynthank15 said:

I have said it before on other related topics we should boycott the matches where the SFA insist on stupid kick off times to circumvent their own rules and collect on their TV rights, ruin their TV spectacle, we need only do it once ( and advertise it) and they will get the message, no opposing fans means no spectacle, a dead atmosphere and a poor viewing experience. I live within 15 minutes of Hampden but I will not be attending nor will I be putting money in the pockets of those who are unfit to run OUR game be it local or national. I suspect many of our national supporters will be doing the same, starve them out.

Come on wynthank you can still get a ticket and come along when you stay so near........you will miss seeing us beating Hearts :ictscarf:

• Like 1

Hope everyone that manages to go enjoys their day.

We have got plans which were in place before we beat Dundee Utd which can't be changed so unfortunately are going to miss out but luckily they work around the game so we'll still see it.

Does anyone know of any parking near Hampden Park that can be used?

I'm heading down on Friday  with the wife and kids, staying overnight in Glasgow but haven't a clue where to park on Saturday during the game, anyone know of anywhere?

Edited by Inverwegian

27 minutes ago, Inverwegian said:

I'm heading down on Friday  with the wife and kids, staying overnight in Glasgow but haven't a clue where to park on Saturday during the game, anyone know of anywhere?

Youll struggle probably. The surrounding area has matchday restrictions.There was a match day car park off Cathcart rd one time I went. At wrong end but not too long a walk. 

There is a website you cant rent a driveway space. Someone else might know what its called? 

Otherwise Id suggest public transport sorry 

40 minutes ago, Inverwegian said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there an ASDA or a Tesco just down the road? You could park there, unless there's restricted times as in, can't park there for over 2 hours...

I’d seen that there were restrictions in place, seems really strange that a national stadium wouldn’t have any parking for supporters. 

We were going to check out the Asda to see if it has any restrictions like that, otherwise we’ll be parking somewhere in Glasgow and getting the train. 

Thanks for the info. 

22 minutes ago, Inverwegian said:

I’d seen that there were restrictions in place, seems really strange that a national stadium wouldn’t have any parking for supporters. 

We were going to check out the Asda to see if it has any restrictions like that, otherwise we’ll be parking somewhere in Glasgow and getting the train. 

Thanks for the info. 

I think Asda has a 2 hour restriction. Sorry. 

Maybe give Hampden a ring and see if they know of a car park nearby?