John Robertson

CaleyTennis

I feel obliged to start this thread in praise of John Robertson and how he set us up today, imho, he got it spot on. 

As most of you know, I am not always Robbo's biggest supporter so by starting this, I'm kind of admitting my errors regarding that.  I spoke with the site manager last week and basically apologised for some of my posts and reactions in the past and we came to a mutual agreement that, after a bad result, I will leave it a day or two before posting, in order to calm down. 

I thanked him and all the mods for being reasonable with me so, I promise them all that I will not be a pain anymore. 

Anyway, back to today, I say everyone involved with the club deserve credit for this cup run :ictscarf:. 

• Like 8
  • Agree 5

On his budget he has done wonders and they are now starting to pay off. Bar Ayr the teams above us have so much more in regards to resources and finance so yes all credit to robbo and the coaching staff forgetting us into the Scottish cup semi final.

• Agree 5

Robbo will be here, but hardly think we should be looking to erect a statue of him yet. Our league form has been patchy and inconsistent with numerous issues documented - the fact we are in play-off contention is more an indication of the quality of the league as a whole rather than just our team and as it stands we can equally still be well outside top4 come end of season. As for the cup a Hampden trip and semi is great but other than 2 Championship clubs we havent played a single Premiership team on route - the draw has been favorable and we will take it but we are hardly storming along.

After watching the game against Dunfermline then on to beat County in the next game, this was so so similar.

Robbo got it spot on. The Tuesday performance was a gear below that yesterday. He gave United something on Tuesday to take it all back yesterday.

Our lads were immense.  Fortress Tannadice !  Played them off the park from start to finish.

It indeed is a fine day to be in Dundee !

Perfect !

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, sheepslagger said:

After watching the game against Dunfermline then on to beat County in the next game, this was so so similar.

Robbo got it spot on. The Tuesday performance was a gear below that yesterday. He gave United something on Tuesday to take it all back yesterday.

Our lads were immense.  Fortress Tannadice !  Played them off the park from start to finish.

It indeed is a fine day to be in Dundee !

Perfect !

What a fab weekend. Was nice to meet you on Sat night 

Robbo can turn this season around now from a boring grind that it has been no point in lying some of our displays have been brutal to 1 of the best in our history promotion and another cup final who'd have thought it even last month! See how we get on in a toughie at QoS before going overboard bout him he's no yogi Hughes yet!

11 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

After securing at least a Semi Finals finish in the cup, and by the looks of things, almost secured play off spot, I think Robbo is going to be here next season...unless history repeats itself and he scampers off to Tynecastle again after we go up.

JR has done a fine job given the pressures, financial and other, he has faced. However, it is wrong to take the view that the play off spot is 'almost secured'.

I am sure we are capable but the job is far from finished especially with the Pars running too such timely form.

Cause for optimism but absolutely no room for complacency.

50 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

JR has done a fine job given the pressures, financial and other, he has faced. However, it is wrong to take the view that the play off spot is 'almost secured'.

I am sure we are capable but the job is far from finished especially with the Pars running too such timely form.

Cause for optimism but absolutely no room for complacency.

Your right play of spot is proper shaky but as Iv stated many times and as we proved yesterday wer the big dogs in this league Pars are yesterday's men can't even mind when they were last in the prem we are going up keep the faith!!

11 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Robbo will be here, but hardly think we should be looking to erect a statue of him yet. Our league form has been patchy and inconsistent with numerous issues documented - the fact we are in play-off contention is more an indication of the quality of the league as a whole rather than just our team and as it stands we can equally still be well outside top4 come end of season. As for the cup a Hampden trip and semi is great but other than 2 Championship clubs we havent played a single Premiership team on route - the draw has been favorable and we will take it but we are hardly storming along.

Wow what a depressing post

We have put league leaders County and Dundee Utd out of the cup and the money we will gain is so needed 

you are definitely a glass half empty person 

incredible negativity after such a great day yeaterday

were you at game btw?

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Stirling Observer said:

Robbo is maximising what he gets from the players. These players are not premiership standard barring a couple. He has them well drilled and found a system the players are comfortable with. I'm confident we can secure a playoff place and no-one will fancy playing us.

Yes but he needs to get them back on form in the league with a good away win at Queen of the South on Saturday which would be good.

On 3/3/2019 at 9:29 PM, CaleyTennis said:

I feel obliged to start this thread in praise of John Robertson and how he set us up today, imho, he got it spot on. 

As most of you know, I am not always Robbo's biggest supporter so by starting this, I'm kind of admitting my errors regarding that.  I spoke with the site manager last week and basically apologised for some of my posts and reactions in the past and we came to a mutual agreement that, after a bad result, I will leave it a day or two before posting, in order to calm down. 

I thanked him and all the mods for being reasonable with me so, I promise them all that I will not be a pain anymore. 

Anyway, back to today, I say everyone involved with the club deserve credit for this cup run :ictscarf:. 

Takes a bigger person to admit the error of their ways or otherwise so hats off to you, I'm sure you are your biggest critic in that respect. There's nothing wrong with being passionate and caring about your team but it needs to be in context, the beauty of the forum is we can walk away and come back before hitting the 'submit reply' button.

I think like your post we'll all reflect at the end of the season on JR however I am currently full of praise for what he's done considering our constraints, yes we'd all have liked to win the league but so would every football fan and in truth we're only a few too many draws instead of wins away from it being a really good season in respect to results.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, ferben1994 said:

We could yet end up in the big cup final and have the play offs to look forward to at the end of the season, that's gonna be way above expectations from start of season form.

History going to repeat itself? Us going through via penalties after being down to 9 men. Then hearts get shattered when we lose on penalties to Aberdeen in the finals at Parkhead.

BDU--your post has some facts in it that are chiels that winnae ding.        i.e .  are correct.

Right now, however,  I think folks, are anxious for positivity  since we are so close to another great end to this year so..... emphasize the positive and forego the negative will be a welcome mat as we posters enter this part of the forum.

Cheers

S.P.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

History going to repeat itself? Us going through via penalties after being down to 9 men. Then hearts get shattered when we lose on penalties to Aberdeen in the finals at Parkhead.

Bah Humbug!.......... Bet your fun at Christmas :whistle:

• Funny 2