Semi Final Draw

Kingsmills

8 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

When will the dates be confirmed ? Will they wait and see what the replay outcome of Sevco and the Sheep ?

I have removed my suggestion of contacting the SFA, because they have replied to me - see below. 

Wouldn't be good to flood them with the same query that they have already answered.

Edited by snorbens_caleyman
Response received from SFA

6 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Why not email info@scottishfa.co.uk and ask them? 

Instant response - but not what we wanted to hear.

"The matches will be played on either the 13th or 14th of April.

The specific times will made after the both replays have been played."
Edited by snorbens_caleyman

4 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Instant reponse - but not what we wanted to hear.

"The matches will be played on either the 13th or 14th of April.

The specific times will made after the both replays have been played."

Sadly, they will wait to see whether one final will be an Old Firm affair and then the Great God of TV will dictate the dates and times with the usual lack of any concern for travelling fans.

5 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Sadly, they will wait to see whether one final will be an Old Firm affair and then the Great God of TV will dictate the dates and times with the usual lack of any concern for travelling fans.

Did you really expect anything else?

Scottish football authorities are largely clueless and Old Firm obsessed.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Maybe the Supporters Trust could nudge the club into asking the SFA if the announcement could be brought forward?

As MorayJaggie has pointed out, the Celtic semi will be the big one, attracting a bigger crowd and more TV interest, no matter whether the opponents are Rangers or Aberdeen.  On that basis, surely the SFA could start talking NOW to the police, the BBC, and whoever else needs to be involved.

If Graham Rae hasn't met the Celtic chairman, then this would be a good time to introduce himself.  (Before the Final :lol:)    Since Celtic are the other team definitely in the semis, see if they would back a request for an early announcement. They too will have fans who will want to get off work, and to travel to Glasgow from long distances.

What we don't know is whether the announcement will be made soon after the semis, which still gives everyone a month.  Or whether after the semis is when the SFA will start talking to everyone to determine the schedule.

2 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Maybe the Supporters Trust could nudge the club into asking the SFA if the announcement could be brought forward?

As MorayJaggie has pointed out, the Celtic semi will be the big one, attracting a bigger crowd and more TV interest, no matter whether the opponents are Rangers or Aberdeen.  On that basis, surely the SFA could start talking NOW to the police, the BBC, and whoever else needs to be involved.

If Graham Rae hasn't met the Celtic chairman, then this would be a good time to introduce himself.  (Before the Final :lol:)    Since Celtic are the other team definitely in the semis, see if they would back a request for an early announcement. They too will have fans who will want to get off work, and to travel to Glasgow from long distances.

What we don't know is whether the announcement will be made soon after the semis, which still gives everyone a month.  Or whether after the semis is when the SFA will start talking to everyone to determine the schedule.

That statement a bit of a worry? If PT will they move to another venue? 

25 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

We've had as have others had this argument with the SFA before and they refused to move semi finals as they are contracted to play at Hampden unless there is safety grounds from police.

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

I hope so. 10,000 fans crammed into Mcdermid Park would be far better than the same 10,000 fans rattling around an empty feeling Hampden.

54 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

On the SFA website, the venue is confirmed as Hampden Park for Aberdeen/Rangers v Celtic, but there is no such confirmation for Partick Thistle/Hearts v Inverness CT.  I've just emailed them asking for confirmation that Hampden will be the venue for both.  I'll let you know the response.

12 minutes ago, ilpadrino said:

On the SFA website, the venue is confirmed as Hampden Park for Aberdeen/Rangers v Celtic, but there is no such confirmation for Partick Thistle/Hearts v Inverness CT.  I've just emailed them asking for confirmation that Hampden will be the venue for both.  I'll let you know the response.

You know what that will mean if its Hearts it will be a neutral venue at Easter Road!

13 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Pity we couldn't bring back Josh Meekings to play in goal for the semi final. His save was brilliant in the last one.

You'll appreciate why Steven Maclean was quick to give Dundee United a penalty on Sunday!! Missing the Meekings save did not enhance his credentials although missing the foul just before the classic McMullen dive (recall that  'Dundee United manager Csaba Laszlo refused to hold back as he publicly criticised his winger Paul McMullan for being sent off for diving' and it was not for the dive at the Caledonian Stadium but another one against Brechin.) also did not but he probably felt better for it. 

8 minutes ago, IBM said:

You know what that will mean if its Hearts it will be a neutral venue at Easter Road!

Pah!  It didn't help them last time!  The pitch was a bit crowded at first, but once Warren and Meekings came off, there was a bit more room for Ross to manoeuvre.

But since I've booked accommodation for seven of us for both the Saturday and Sunday nights in Glasgow, I'd rather not be running to Edinburgh for the match.

27 minutes ago, ilpadrino said:

Pah!  It didn't help them last time!  The pitch was a bit crowded at first, but once Warren and Meekings came off, there was a bit more room for Ross to manoeuvre.

But since I've booked accommodation for seven of us for both the Saturday and Sunday nights in Glasgow, I'd rather not be running to Edinburgh for the match.

Oh dear and if its Partick it will likely be Perth.

Hampden all day long please! Its the Scottish Cup Semi Final! I’ll always remember the game against Dunfermline and what a feeling it was seeing Paul Ritchie score at the national stadium.  It will really diminish it if it’s sent to poxy Mcdairmid Park. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Hampden all day long please! Its the Scottish Cup Semi Final! I’ll always remember the game against Dunfermline and what a feeling it was seeing Paul Ritchie score at the national stadium.  It will really diminish it if it’s sent to poxy Mcdairmid Park. 

Don't think it would one little bit. I was at the Dunfermline semi as well and no atmosphere at Hampden at all. Much better atmosphere at Pittodrie in the replay. Much better to play the game in a full stadium, it will be live on TV anyway, and then we can all visit Hampden for the final ?