Semi Final Draw

Kingsmills

5 hours ago, ilpadrino said:

On the SFA website, the venue is confirmed as Hampden Park for Aberdeen/Rangers v Celtic, but there is no such confirmation for Partick Thistle/Hearts v Inverness CT.  I've just emailed them asking for confirmation that Hampden will be the venue for both.  I'll let you know the response.

Hold your horses. Are you telling me, that there's an (albeit slight) chance that we aren't going to be at Hampden for the Semis?

That's definitely one way to kill the celebration buzz, we want to play at Hampden, not Easter Road or wherever.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Hold your horses. Are you telling me, that there's an (albeit slight) chance that we aren't going to be at Hampden for the Semis?

It’s the SFA. I half expect them to reveal a clause forcing any semi final between two teams with the word “Thistle” in their name to be played in Pyongyang. 

Seriously, though, after the league cup semi fiasco this year, I’d be surprised if it wasn’t at Hampden, but who knows what the SFA might do in their “wisdom”. 

Edited by HawkeyeTheGnu
  • Funny 1

7 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

The rules of the competition include this:  "10.3  The venues and all other arrangements for the Semi-Final Matches and the Final Match shall be determined by the Board [of the SFA]. "

However, the Hampden Park website is listing both semis.  So that's hopeful, but don't take it as definite.     https://www.hampdenpark.co.uk/events/upcoming/

It's someone else's turn to email the SFA today - Info@scottishfa.co.uk .   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

That's definitely one way to kill the celebration buzz, we want to play at Hampden, not Easter Road or wherever.

Hold your horses classic catchphrase defo stealing that! Gotta be hampden all the way

Given the KO times won't be announced until after the replays I'm not sure the SFA would risk wasting time thinking of alternative venues as these can take a period to resolve and ultimately effect ticket sales, policing and tv arrangements. Given it's expected to be Hampden I think fans will reluctantly accept and just get on with it making it easier for SFA and sponsors

49 minutes ago, Weekend Hacker said:

I’ve emailed also.  May not get a response but might get some traction for them to get the collective digit out and announce.  About 6 hours ago so interesting to see what their timings are....

You will still be waiting this time next week. 

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Weekend Hacker said:

I’ve emailed also.  May not get a response but might get some traction for them to get the collective digit out and announce.  About 6 hours ago so interesting to see what their timings are....

I've had no response from them today.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2019 at 7:41 PM, ilpadrino said:

On the SFA website, the venue is confirmed as Hampden Park for Aberdeen/Rangers v Celtic, but there is no such confirmation for Partick Thistle/Hearts v Inverness CT.  I've just emailed them asking for confirmation that Hampden will be the venue for both.  I'll let you know the response.

My mail actually finished with "Can you confirm that regardless of the outcome(s) of the replays, that both semi-finals will take place at Hampden Park?".  They therefore needed to reply with either "yes" (it'll definitely be at Hampden), or "no" (we can't say).

Unsurprisingly, in the 8 days between me mailing them and the announcement of the details, nobody at the SFA managed to find the time to do this.

1 hour ago, ilpadrino said:

My mail actually finished with "Can you confirm that regardless of the outcome(s) of the replays, that both semi-finals will take place at Hampden Park?".  They therefore needed to reply with either "yes" (it'll definitely be at Hampden), or "no" (we can't say).

Unsurprisingly, in the 8 days between me mailing them and the announcement of the details, nobody at the SFA managed to find the time to do this.

You are a football supporter and therefore low on the SFA list of priority stakeholders.

16 hours ago, ilpadrino said:

Pfft. Don't bother emailing them. They never respond.

Sent them an Email in November 2017, after that pure bullsh*ttery of a game against St Mirren, where every decision was against us (might be cos I'm a sore loser, or maybe because it was actually fixed, I don't know). Dropped them a line saying "Hey, can you look into this, something is obviously fishy about this game"...and I still haven't received a response...

1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

If you look back to page 2 of this thread, you'll see that they responded to me within minutes when I asked about the semi-final dates.

That was before 09:00, so maybe the trick is to get them before they become busy.

2 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Sent them an Email in November 2017, after that pure bullsh*ttery of a game against St Mirren, where every decision was against us (might be cos I'm a sore loser, or maybe because it was actually fixed, I don't know). Dropped them a line saying "Hey, can you look into this, something is obviously fishy about this game"...and I still haven't received a response...

I wouldn’t respond to that either tbh

• Funny 2