Kingsmills

Semi Final Draw

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, ilpadrino said:

On the SFA website, the venue is confirmed as Hampden Park for Aberdeen/Rangers v Celtic, but there is no such confirmation for Partick Thistle/Hearts v Inverness CT.  I've just emailed them asking for confirmation that Hampden will be the venue for both.  I'll let you know the response.

Hold your horses. Are you telling me, that there's an (albeit slight) chance that we aren't going to be at Hampden for the Semis?

That's definitely one way to kill the celebration buzz, we want to play at Hampden, not Easter Road or wherever.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Hold your horses. Are you telling me, that there's an (albeit slight) chance that we aren't going to be at Hampden for the Semis?

It’s the SFA. I half expect them to reveal a clause forcing any semi final between two teams with the word “Thistle” in their name to be played in Pyongyang. 

Seriously, though, after the league cup semi fiasco this year, I’d be surprised if it wasn’t at Hampden, but who knows what the SFA might do in their “wisdom”. 

Edited by HawkeyeTheGnu
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Hold your horses. Are you telling me, that there's an (albeit slight) chance that we aren't going to be at Hampden for the Semis?

The rules of the competition include this:  "10.3  The venues and all other arrangements for the Semi-Final Matches and the Final Match shall be determined by the Board [of the SFA]. "

However, the Hampden Park website is listing both semis.  So that's hopeful, but don't take it as definite.     https://www.hampdenpark.co.uk/events/upcoming/

It's someone else's turn to email the SFA today - [email protected] .   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

And a Union Jack as the background, singing Hello, Hello we are the Caley Boys ?

 

That's maybe a step too far.  Although....... 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Hold your horses. Are you telling me, that there's an (albeit slight) chance that we aren't going to be at Hampden for the Semis?

That's definitely one way to kill the celebration buzz, we want to play at Hampden, not Easter Road or wherever.

Hold your horses classic catchphrase defo stealing that! Gotta be hampden all the way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve emailed also.  May not get a response but might get some traction for them to get the collective digit out and announce.  About 6 hours ago so interesting to see what their timings are....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the KO times won't be announced until after the replays I'm not sure the SFA would risk wasting time thinking of alternative venues as these can take a period to resolve and ultimately effect ticket sales, policing and tv arrangements. Given it's expected to be Hampden I think fans will reluctantly accept and just get on with it making it easier for SFA and sponsors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Weekend Hacker said:

I’ve emailed also.  May not get a response but might get some traction for them to get the collective digit out and announce.  About 6 hours ago so interesting to see what their timings are....

You will still be waiting this time next week. 

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Weekend Hacker said:

I’ve emailed also.  May not get a response but might get some traction for them to get the collective digit out and announce.  About 6 hours ago so interesting to see what their timings are....

I've had no response from them today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ilpadrino said:

I've had no response from them today.

Unless you sign off with CFC or RFC you won't get one :whistle:

  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 7:41 PM, ilpadrino said:

On the SFA website, the venue is confirmed as Hampden Park for Aberdeen/Rangers v Celtic, but there is no such confirmation for Partick Thistle/Hearts v Inverness CT.  I've just emailed them asking for confirmation that Hampden will be the venue for both.  I'll let you know the response.

My mail actually finished with "Can you confirm that regardless of the outcome(s) of the replays, that both semi-finals will take place at Hampden Park?".  They therefore needed to reply with either "yes" (it'll definitely be at Hampden), or "no" (we can't say).

Unsurprisingly, in the 8 days between me mailing them and the announcement of the details, nobody at the SFA managed to find the time to do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ilpadrino said:

My mail actually finished with "Can you confirm that regardless of the outcome(s) of the replays, that both semi-finals will take place at Hampden Park?".  They therefore needed to reply with either "yes" (it'll definitely be at Hampden), or "no" (we can't say).

Unsurprisingly, in the 8 days between me mailing them and the announcement of the details, nobody at the SFA managed to find the time to do this.

You are a football supporter and therefore low on the SFA list of priority stakeholders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ilpadrino said:

My mail actually finished with "Can you confirm that regardless of the outcome(s) of the replays, that both semi-finals will take place at Hampden Park?".  They therefore needed to reply with either "yes" (it'll definitely be at Hampden), or "no" (we can't say).

Unsurprisingly, in the 8 days between me mailing them and the announcement of the details, nobody at the SFA managed to find the time to do this.

Pfft. Don't bother emailing them. They never respond.

Sent them an Email in November 2017, after that pure bullsh*ttery of a game against St Mirren, where every decision was against us (might be cos I'm a sore loser, or maybe because it was actually fixed, I don't know). Dropped them a line saying "Hey, can you look into this, something is obviously fishy about this game"...and I still haven't received a response...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

Pfft. Don't bother emailing them. They never respond.

If you look back to page 2 of this thread, you'll see that they responded to me within minutes when I asked about the semi-final dates.

That was before 09:00, so maybe the trick is to get them before they become busy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Pfft. Don't bother emailing them. They never respond.

Sent them an Email in November 2017, after that pure bullsh*ttery of a game against St Mirren, where every decision was against us (might be cos I'm a sore loser, or maybe because it was actually fixed, I don't know). Dropped them a line saying "Hey, can you look into this, something is obviously fishy about this game"...and I still haven't received a response...

I wouldn’t respond to that either tbh

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • FB_caley_thisle_online_970x90.jpg

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.