Semi-Final Poll

tm4tj

Where do you want the semi-final to be played?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want the semi-final to be played?

• Hampden Park
    • Easter Road
    • McDiarmid Park
    • Pittodrie
    • Dingwall
    • Somewhere else

This poll is closed to new votes

Well, it's going to be controversial whatever the decision, but where would you like this game to be played.

Robbo alleged to have mentioned a smaller stadium...............

What's your choice.

• tm4tj pinned and featured this topic

Being selfish about it, Glasgow (or even Edinburgh) would suit me best from a travel (flights) point of view.  But I can see the argument for a smaller stadium from a crowd/atmosphere point of view.  I just wish they would get it sorted so that I, and all the others, who will be flying, can get their travel and accommodation in place asap.  Time is money, especially where flights are concerned. I've seen a difference already, for both 13 and 14 Apr, since I started looking at potential flights immediately following our win at Tannadice a few days ago.

• Agree 1

Very much wait and see. If Hearts win then we are probably talking about a crowd of 18,000 to 20,000. If Partick win, probably about 10,000 to 12,000.

Hampden may be too big for both games but there is a point of principle, player and fan day out and perhaps a contract requirement. However, if there is flexibility then a Hearts victory geographically would point to Pittodrie. However, with a sensible kick off time, Easter Road makes sense albeit it gives Hearts a crowd advantage.

If it is Partick Thistle McDiarmid Park offers a 10,000 seat sell out, potentially great atmosphere, and would be pretty fair to both sets of supporters. 

Our focus should now be about getting a win at QOS. 

49 minutes ago, IBM said:

If it's Hearts Hampden for me but if it's Partick I would prefer Mcdairmid park. 

You'll be shocked the amount of support Patrick will take to hampden right on there doorstep 16-18000 easy look at us for big games where's that lot come from

Hampden for me. Doesn't matter the size of any club that makes it they deserve the big day out. Sure hampden isn't the best stadium in world or country for that matter but it's all about the journey to get there and it's a big day out for fans. Just because it might be more empty than full isn't a good enough excuse to move it for me. They don't kick up much of a fuss about queens park playing in it everyone week in front of a handful of people 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

But its an utter hole of a place, so would rather head to Hampden TBH.

I totally agree but I was looking at the decision the SFA might take. Edinburgh for Hearts is ideal and when we played them at Easter Road the time before I seem to recall criticism from ourselves that it was unfair. So looking to redress that, the SFA might suggest Aberdeen. The ideal might be in a half empty Hampden but what we do not know are the contractual requirements and the cost which might sway the SFA. 

6 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

You'll be shocked the amount of support Patrick will take to hampden right on there doorstep 16-18000 easy look at us for big games where's that lot come from

They didn't take anything like that number to their last Scottish Cup semi final.

So what about back in 2002-03? Or 2003-04? Both of those were against what could be regarded of similar fan base of Partick. And both of them were played at Hampden, and under the reign of Robbo. Why does he think now, it should be shunted elsewhere, against the fans and players?

This is all academic. Levein will kick his players’ erses and it’ll be a bit like our replay against Edinburgh City. That was Partick’s best shot on Friday. The Hearts support will be too big for anywhere except Hampden, given it’s the big cup and not that trinket County won.

I’d rather have a day out at Hampden anyway. Even if it was Thistle, McDiarmid would be too small imo, it would have to be Easter Road.

Hampden isn't the special stadium, atmosphere makes a game. All the club's in league 2 play there every year.  A packed stadium is far more a day out than an empty stadium. How many on here continually complain  about the lack of atmosphere in the championship due to small crowds. 

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

This is all academic. Levein will kick his players’ erses and it’ll be a bit like our replay against Edinburgh City. That was Partick’s best shot on Friday. The Hearts support will be too big for anywhere except Hampden, given it’s the big cup and not that trinket County won.

I’d rather have a day out at Hampden anyway. Even if it was Thistle, McDiarmid would be too small imo, it would have to be Easter Road.

Think it's either Easter Road or Pittodrie if not Hampden...

No offence intended but this poll is mental.

It's the Scottish cup semi-final, regardless who our opponents are it's gotta be hampden.

The goal from the 1st round you enter, as players as well as fans, is to get to Hampden , that's the dream 

Also Dingwall or mcdairmaid would be shi*

Edited by ferben1994
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic