Semi-Final Poll

tm4tj

Where do you want the semi-final to be played?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want the semi-final to be played?

• Hampden Park
    • Easter Road
    • McDiarmid Park
    • Pittodrie
    • Dingwall
    • Somewhere else

This poll is closed to new votes

Still don't agree with using Hampden for semi finals for games not involving Old Firm as it will generate little atmosphere for the teams. Having been there for the Dundee and Dunfermline semis, while they were great occasions, as in being our first national semi finals, there was zero atmosphere for the games. Surely much more special for the fans and team that the final is at Hampden, not the semi finals. Just another case of the SFA caring little for fans outwith the Old Firm as far as I am concerned.

• Agree 3

The problem is that options are so limited and Hampden is not a great venue. From an Old Firm perspective it is far from ideal as it only has a capacity much the same as their own home grounds. Other football stadia in the country can only hold just over 20,000 at most.   There is no ground with a capacity between just over 20,000 and 50,000.

As things stand The big two always play semis in their own city. I would like to see Murrayfield brought into use when they are playing or, better still, pack them off down the road to Manchester to an even bigger ground  so they can understand what travelling to a big game entails.  Can’t see the good folk of Manchester agreeing to that though!

Shouldve left Hampden in the condition it was, utter folly to throw so much public money towards a 'national ' stadium which is in private ownership.

Money couldve been much better spent on other infrastructure for the game.

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

The problem is that options are so limited and Hampden is not a great venue. From an Old Firm perspective it is far from ideal as it only has a capacity much the same as their own home grounds. Other football stadia in the country can only hold just over 20,000 at most.   There is no ground with a capacity between just over 20,000 and 50,000.

As things stand The big two always play semis in their own city. I would like to see Murrayfield brought into use when they are playing or, better still, pack them off down the road to Manchester to an even bigger ground  so they can understand what travelling to a big game entails.  Can’t see the good folk of Manchester agreeing to that though!

Look at the outrage Celtic kicked up when They did have to play at murrayfield. Toys out of pram thrown came to mind.

It's an argument that comes round every year no matter who plays in the semi-finals for all the reasons everyone has put forward, it'll never go away and for every time the SFA change the venue they just add more weight to the arguments.

Let's be done with it, someone at the top needs to come out and state categorically that all semi-finals will be played at Hampden regardless or otherwise in order to save this ongoing discussion.

Again comes back to the leadership or lack of from the top, exactly what are the details of their contract surrounding Hampden? This will clear up any of the questions/arguments that we all have.   

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, MrCaleyjag said:

It's an argument that comes round every year no matter who plays in the semi-finals for all the reasons everyone has put forward, it'll never go away and for every time the SFA change the venue they just add more weight to the arguments.  Let's be done with it, someone at the top needs to come out and state categorically that all semi-finals will be played at Hampden regardless or otherwise in order to save this ongoing discussion.  Again comes back to the leadership or lack of from the top, exactly what are the details of their contract surrounding Hampden? This will clear up any of the questions/arguments that we all have.   

... with the SFA officially taking ownership of the stadium next year and QP moving to lesser Hampden then this makes sense. All marquee games and internationals should take place at the "National Stadium".

I used to go to quite a lot of Scotland games and it was quite an adventure (in a good way that has fond memories) .... The trek to Hampden in the afternoon, the game, the journey back up the road on the overnight train [with what seemed like a never ending wait at Perth for the mail/papers to get loaded], getting home around 4am and grabbing some milk of the Stratton Dairies float from Jock the milkman ... then off to work around 7am !!! It still holds a special place for domestic football too. Who can forget our journeys to Hampden over the years. Loads of memories and loads more to come hopefully 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Last SC semi WAS at  Hampden and we beat Celtic 3-2. Only about 2000 ict fans that day but lives long in memory probably more so than the final.

? Just ignore me I had a real brain storm there, of course it was at Hampden, how could I forget that glorious day!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Kind of Blue said:

Easter Road for me.  Let's remember we weren't at Hampden for the last SC semi and we got to the final and also the last semi we played at Easter Road we go to the final, so double luck omen here!

We weren't at Hampden?  It looked like it to me.

4 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Don't worry lads, we've got skills in beating Hearts in the Semis!

But that'll mean we lose to the Dons on penalties... 

Given the timely financial lifeline a final appearance would throw us, I would probably settle for that.

I was reading elsewhere that any Sat game cant clash with normal 3pm KO times for media reasons, therefore it would need to be a 12.15KO to ensure ET & pens its over by then as its unlikely itll be a 5pm KO.

I'd expect the media want the 'big' game on Sunday at lunchtime

Bdu called it.

No surprise really.

Let's do this.

Semi final.jpgTicket prices are as follows: 

Hampden Park, Glasgow

North and William Hill South Stands - Adults: £30 Concessions*: £15

East and West Stands - Adults: £20 Concessions: £10

*Concessions: Under-16s and 65 years and over................

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic