Semi-Final Poll

tm4tj

Where do you want the semi-final to be played?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want the semi-final to be played?

• Hampden Park
    • Easter Road
    • McDiarmid Park
    • Pittodrie
    • Dingwall
    • Somewhere else

This poll is closed to new votes

As expected, kick off times not ideal for fans from ourselves and Aberdeen and all because of a media ban on games being shown from 3pm. If the SFA want to make the semi finals a real showpiece event, would it not have been an idea to cancel all Scottish games for the weekend so the games could go ahead at 3pm (or a mutually agreed time with the clubs) or is that too simple a solution.

1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

is that Aberdeen get a nice evening Kick off for travelling the same distance...

Money before the fans...

Dons play at 2pm on Sunday- hardly evening and thats probably due to significant outcry last few semi appearances where no public transport could get anyone from Aberdeen to Glasgow on time so the SFA have listened it seemed

21 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Dons play at 2pm on Sunday- hardly evening and thats probably due to significant outcry last few semi appearances where no public transport could get anyone from Aberdeen to Glasgow on time so the SFA have listened it seemed

They really don't learn from their mistakes do they ?

The post above stating that this is a marquee game is dead-on. If we play it at a "lesser" park then what on earth will the Englanders and the world think of our football game? More to the point, perhaps, what will fans throughout Scotland think is the level to which  Scottish football has sunk?  Hampden looks the part, is the part and provides the atmosphere  that is needed on such a special occasion INMHO. 

If we can't get a good crowd at Hampden then let's ask the question..... is football dying in Scotland  (due to a lack of money or what)?

The last semi-final  we played at Hampden against Celtic was a super game filled with incident and excitement. I saw it because I phoned a senior staff member at Shaw Cable who provides our  home T.V.  service and said if you can get the game on a U.S. channel that I can access I WILL STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR POOR SERVICE FOR AT LEAST 6 MONTHS.....:cool: i.e Creative, like!

IT WORKED,,,,,HA! HA!

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

The post above stating that this is a marquee game is dead-on. If we play it at a "lesser" park then what on earth will the Englanders and the world think of our football game? More to the point, perhaps, what will fans throughout Scotland think is the level to which  Scottish football has sunk?  Hampden looks the part, is the part and provides the atmosphere  that is needed on such a special occasion INMHO. 

If we can't get a good crowd at Hampden then let's ask the question..... is football dying in Scotland  (due to a lack of money or what)?

The last semi-final  we played at Hampden against Celtic was a super game filled with incident and excitement. I saw it because I phoned a senior staff member at Shaw Cable who provides our  home T.V.  service and said if you can get the game on a U.S. channel that I can access I WILL STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT YOUR POOR SERVICE FOR AT LEAST 6 MONTHS.....:cool: i.e Creative, like!

IT WORKED,,,,,HA! HA!

What atmosphere will Hampden produce with 15000 in it? It will be a laughing stock to the English game when there is 35000 empty seats in a stadium our last semi final against Celtic looked pish on tv as there was thousands of empty seats. Hearts fans have also said they wont be going due to time and cost. Hampden isn't a great stadium having been to it many times it's crap. Now with stupid kick off time I won't be going with my three boys especially after the ticket prices they announced £75 entry plus transport plus food etc. They don't want fans to attend so ill oblige and watch on tv. A smaller stadium at a decent time would have been better. Better atmosphere fans can travel at decent times to get to it and at a decent cost. TV is killing our game and our semi final is proof. 

• Sad 2

31 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

What atmosphere will Hampden produce with 15000 in it? It will be a laughing stock to the English game when there is 35000 empty seats in a stadium our last semi final against Celtic looked pish on tv as there was thousands of empty seats. Hearts fans have also said they wont be going due to time and cost. Hampden isn't a great stadium having been to it many times it's crap. Now with stupid kick off time I won't be going with my three boys especially after the ticket prices they announced £75 entry plus transport plus food etc. They don't want fans to attend so ill oblige and watch on tv. A smaller stadium at a decent time would have been better. Better atmosphere fans can travel at decent times to get to it and at a decent cost. TV is killing our game and our semi final is proof. 

Moray Jaggie our semi final against might have looked pish on TV but it was just brilliant being there on that day :ictscarf:

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

From memory our semis in 2003 and 2004 had low crowds. I think it was just under 8,000 v Dundee on a Sunday at 3pm then 13,500 v Dunfermline with a 3pm kick off on a Saturday. So less than 20,000 v Hearts with the game live on TV doesn't seem all that bad for creating an atmosphere. The lower gate money from this is a bit of a bummer though.

I also think that most of the Jambos would more easily get to Hampden from Edinburgh for a 12.15 ko than our fans. 1.30pm at Tannadice or Dens on the Sunday might work better but the other semi ko time would have to be moved to avoid a clash for TV.

Edited by Row S

Is there any more news on Grae Rae's quest to Hampden?

Only being done to try avoid further criticism form fans - reasons for KO times are clear, so its being done knowing full well the outcome. Rather than wasting time complaining maybe assist the fans if its such a concern with travel arrangements?

Quite sad we have more negative posts about the time & location that positive about having another great day out.

Edited by bdu98196
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Only being done to try avoid further criticism form fans

The Daily Record report that was referenced said that he had been invited, presumably by the SFA, to a meeting with all parties, to discuss arrangements for the semi.

He wasn't going on a crusade to change the date or time.  He wasn't "only [doing it] to try to avoid further criticism".

But he's right to take the opportunity to complain about it.

• Agree 3

13 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

What do we care what the 'English game' thinks? 

The fact is that the SFA have no choice about kick off time it's either then or 5.15pm. Can't understand why it's a problem for a Jambo who'll be travelling less time than my daily commute.

Missing out on a Scottish Cup semi-final is your choice. I'll certainly be there with my 2 kids, these occasions don't come along often. I haven't seen the prices as yet but I'm not surprised that they're likely a disgrace. 

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Fraz said:

What do we care what the 'English game' thinks? 

The fact is that the SFA have no choice about kick off time it's either then or 5.15pm. Can't understand why it's a problem for a Jambo who'll be travelling less time than my daily commute.

Missing out on a Scottish Cup semi-final is your choice. I'll certainly be there with my 2 kids, these occasions don't come along often. I haven't seen the prices as yet but I'm not surprised that they're likely a disgrace. 

Totally agree! How often are these opportunities going to come round? The KO time is what is is but nothing would persuade me to stay at home and watch on telly. The boys have worked so hard to get here and deserve our support. 

Ticket prices for behind the goal (whichever end we are given) are £20 adults and £10 for u16s and over 65s. Im not sure anyone would have expected any cheaper? 

Counting down the days tbh 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Would it be fair to have a banner that reads "F*ck the SFA, put the fans before money!"?

Would say what we all think, just not entirely sure whether it'd be worth the money to make it...

Most of us might think that Jack but that is the thing the Old Filth do and it would be a waste of money as it would not make any difference.  If you have extra money to spare you would be better donating it to the club who are a bit short just now!

Despite early kick off times that do not suit most fans we just need to muster as many fans for the game and beat the Jam Tarts to get to the final.

Down with the negative and up with the positive.

C'mon lads and lasses.

Gotta get behind the team, for goodness sake. I read somewhere earlier this week  (on here) that the prices were nothing like $75 entrance fee. that's ridiculous enough to even stop a Pimple attending if he were in Scotland at that time. Thirty pounds is surely steepish also , but affordable,  for such an occasion. It's a day out for a great cause so...….

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/william-hill-scottish-cup-semi-final-details-announced/

"Ticket prices are as follows:

North and William Hill South Stands - Adults: £30 Concessions*: £15

East and West Stands - Adults: £20 Concessions: £10

*Concessions: Under-16s and 65 years and over"

Prices are the same for both semi-finals. 

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic