CEO Stands Down

Fraz

57 minutes ago, Jockdoonsouth said:

Absolutely. It reeks of the underhand which is sadly how I am beginning to view the tenure and activities of our current Chairman. Not good at all!

On the other hand, we can focus, at least for now, on the fact that we are in the semi finals of the premier knock out competition and have a very real chance of participating in the promotion play offs.

• Agree 1

On 3/10/2019 at 11:23 PM, DoofersDad said:

Communication from the club seems to be very hit and miss.  The Club's AGM takes place on Monday 18th March but there is no notice of it on the Club's website.  The only reference I can find to it is right at the bottom of a news item titled ""Culture change is key to positive future for ICT", which now appears on page 2 of the latest news items.  It appears the Club is issuing notice of the meeting to shareholders by email this year (presumably to save money) but neither I nor my son have received the relevant email.  I am in contact with the club about this and have in any case been forwarded a copy from a colleague on the Supporters Trust Board.. But I do have a concern that there may be shareholders who are unaware of the forthcoming meeting either because they, like me, have not received the email, or because the email has gone into an unmonitored junk folder.  This is not just poor communication, it runs the risk of the legitimacy of the AGM being called into question.  

As a Supporters Trust Board member, I would be interested in hearing if any other shareholders have not received notification, regardless of whether or not they have any intention of attending the meeting.  It may be be that our failure to receive the email is an isolated glitch but it would be important to know if it was not.  Please either let me know via this thread or PM me if you prefer.

Were shareholders, specifically the Supporters Trust, given the opportunity to nominate someone for election to the club board at the AGM?

On 3/11/2019 at 7:59 AM, bdu98196 said:

If board members are on the site then hiding behind nondescript user names is not going to help build a closer union.

On 3/12/2019 at 1:35 PM, Jockdoonsouth said:

Absolutely. It reeks of the underhand which is sadly how I am beginning to view the tenure and activities of our current Chairman. Not good at all!

Absolutely, said bdu98196 & Jockdoonsouth!!! ???

Re underhand, undercover board members, I very much doubt that any of us say anything on here we wouldn't say in an open forum e.g. the AGM which nobody seems to know hellish much about?  I'm not really bothered about board members being on here if I'm honest as my hope would be that they may actually glean a sense of what the majority are thinking?  I use a pseudonym as the forum asks for a nickname when you set up.  And yes, let's get Hearts pumped and get to the final against Aberdeen and beat them on pens please.

• Agree 1

I have no issues with anyone being on here using a pseudonym unless they are disrupting the forum itself or breaking our site rules. We have had players, staff, and directors on here over the years as well as local and national media people, and each is entitled to read/browse the forum for info/opinion (as most do) or to publish their own opinion which might sometimes be controversial if they used their own names. It could also be taken as club policy when its just opinion and ultimately could be used in a disciplinary fashion by SFA/SPFL in the same way they have used twitter or facebook comments when something is said.  Some 'out themselves' and say who they are but others prefer to remain somewhat anonymous as is their right.  I dont see anything underhanded in any recent posts by board members. 

• Agree 2

It's an unofficial site and it's all members entitlement to remain anonymous if they so wish. If they were coming on here in an official capacity then I would expect them to be open with their names etc. I would also expect people to respond in a civilised manner.

If you ask me, this type of question & answer topic would be better on the Supporters Trust Forum and properly policed to remove all unwanted content. As it is, we have one or more willing to spill some beans in an unofficial capacity. As said before, don't shoot the messenger or look a gift horse in the mouth.

What I do find extremely amusing is the pot and kettle scenario. ?

Maybe it's just my age.............

2 hours ago, Weekend Hacker said:

Re underhand, undercover board members, I very much doubt that any of us say anything on here we wouldn't say in an open forum e.g. the AGM which nobody seems to know hellish much about?  

"any of us" - Does that mean that you are and underhand, undercover board member ? ?

10 hours ago, Buster said:

Were shareholders, specifically the Supporters Trust, given the opportunity to nominate someone for election to the club board at the AGM?

No.  I am sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding is that members of the Club Board are appointed by the existing Board members and are only subject to any democratic process when their term of office is up and they need to seek the approval of shareholders to continue as Directors.  This year, both the Chairman, Graham Rae and Gordon Fyfe are seeking the support of shareholders to continue as Directors, and there are resolutions on the agenda to that effect. 

I'm assuming that the other board members can't just invite them back if they are voted off?

Are you able to say how the Supporters Trust intend voting?

On 3/14/2019 at 8:25 AM, Buster said:

I'm assuming that the other board members can't just invite them back if they are voted off?

Are you able to say how the Supporters Trust intend voting?

I'm afraid that I don't know what the Board's rules would say about your first question.  My guess would be that there are no rules to specifically prevent the Board from co-opting back any member that had been voted off, but if they did so, they would have a fair bit of explaining to do.

On the second question, the answer is no.  There are 4 resolutions being put forward by the Board.  We will have to see what transpires at the meeting, however, the role of the Supporters Trust is to work with the Club Board and not to takes sides in any Boardroom politics. We may vote to support non contentious motions or simply abstain. There would need to be a clear and compelling reason for the Trust to vote against any resolution put forward by the Club Board.

36 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

I'm afraid that I don't know what the Board's rules would say about your first question.  My guess would be that there are no rules to specifically prevent the Board from co-opting back any member that had been voted off, but if they did so, they would have a fair bit of explaining to do.

On the second question, the answer is no.  There are 4 resolutions being put forward by the Board.  We will have to see what transpires at the meeting, however, the role of the Supporters Trust is to work with the Club Board and not to takes sides in any Boardroom politics. We may vote to support non contentious motions or simply abstain. There would need to be a clear and compelling reason for the Trust to vote against any resolution put forward by the Club Board.

Thank you.

40 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

I'm afraid that I don't know what the Board's rules would say about your first question.

!!!!!

If the Trust has 10% of the votes, then someone on the Trust really ought to be familiar with the rules or constitution of the club, and with the regulations governing private limited companies (which is what the club is).

• 2 weeks later...

Leaving aside any suggestions of impropriety, surely creating a very senior and presumably well paid management position and making an appointment of an outsider without advertising the position and replacing long standing and popular caterers without the matter going out to tender is, at the very least, very poor and shoddy business practice as indeed, in the past, was sacking a coach with a long standing relationship with the club by text message.

Worryingly, very basic lessons do not seem to be being learned.

• Agree 3

Not only that but the club today have managed to have a pop at our own fans again after the county fans broke numerous seats during the irn bru cup final. And they wonder why attendances are dwindling? Why attend when the board see fans as a nuisance and potential trouble makers?

44 minutes ago, MorayJaggie said:

Not only that but the club today have managed to have a pop at our own fans again after the county fans broke numerous seats during the irn bru cup final. And they wonder why attendances are dwindling? Why attend when the board see fans as a nuisance and potential trouble makers?

To be fair they're only having a go a those who have chosen to wreck seats. 

I'm ok with that. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

9 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

Would you prefer that they turn a blind eye to criminal activity?

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

Read it and you'll ee its a good statement ,and the fact it's done jointly with County draws a line that is clear. Damage done to either stadium from either set of fans affects both clubs and will be dealt with accordingly.

Some tubes in the support can't comprehend this...they aren't needed at the games. 

Edited by Satan
  • Agree 9

On 3/13/2019 at 5:50 PM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

"any of us" - Does that mean that you are and underhand, undercover board member ? ?

Apologies for the late response IHE, been busy.  I can confirm that whilst I may be deemed underhand at times by some, I am NOT a board (or indeed bored) member. North stand season ticket holder and fan only status.  Cheers.

1 minute ago, Weekend Hacker said:

Apologies for the late response IHE, been busy.  I can confirm that whilst I may be deemed underhand at times by some, I am NOT a board (or indeed bored) member. North stand season ticket holder and fan only status.  Cheers.

We were all pretty bored between three and quarter to five yesterday.

• Like 1

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic