Queen of the South -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

14 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Another valuable three points. Well done lads. 

Today's results have more or less settled the top five in the division, the only question being in which order.

Barring doing a Dundee, it's looking like County will clinch the automatic place but with both Ayr and Dundee United stuttering second place, and with it an easier passage through the play offs, second place is still very much up for grabs.

We seem to have hit a consistent run of form at just the right time. Important to keep the momentum going with a win in Dingwall on Friday and we are certainly well capable of that and due a bit of rub of the green in the league derbies.

Enjoy your trip to Dingwall !  Most of us will stay at home!

• Funny 3
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

Sounds like a pretty confident away win keeping us well in touch with the play off places.  Well done lads. Looks like we're hitting good form at the right time.  Two tough Friday night televised matches to negotiate next. Win these and we've got every chance .  Keep it going lads. Onwards and upwards.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Polo Chick said:

Cracking result today 3rd place looking possible now lets do this come on everyone get yourselves down on Friday night and make some noise 

Absolutely. Every game now, league and cup, is vital. Time for those who have stayed away this season to come back and join in the effort to push us over the line.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Row S said:

Was it not this time last year that we started that impressive unbeaten run? Here's hoping that can be repeated to see us safely into the play offs.

In the end it was Dunfermline who scuppered our play off hopes. Only fair that we return the compliment this season.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

20 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

In the end it was Dunfermline who scuppered our play off hopes. Only fair that we return the compliment this season.

We play Dunfermline in our last league game. 

• Like 1

That was very comfortable in the end, a strange feeling. We came flying out of the blocks and maintained a really high intensity for the whole of the first half - Queens had chances on the break but but we could easily have put the game to bed before half time. They had a period of pressure after half-time, Dobbie got a few shots away and Ridgers made a number of decent saves. Then came the most pleasing aspect of the performance, the thing that's been missing from our season - we kept the head saw the game out calmly. 

Some more positives:

- Doran, Polworth and Welsh really trust each other with the ball, they're happy to play it to each other in difficult areas and we're so much more creative as a result. 

- Trafford and White, two of our most maligned players, are looking increasingly comfortable in their roles, they're playing out of their skins and the fans are responding. Trafford actually looks alright next to Welsh's calming influence. 

- Rooney came on and played where Chalmers was - it's clear that he's an option up there. 

Walsh and MacDonald are back next week but surely neither can go straight back into the team. We'll have competition for places for the first time this season. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

We really carried on from last Sunday. First half we were totally dominant. Two wins in 7 days - can't remember the last time I witnessed that... no cup hangover. Queens had chances second half but I put the clean sheet down to decent defending rather than chances missed. I don't really see the difference between 3rd place and 4th, as all it means is home advantage in the second leg, and we're much better away. Ideally we would want to be second. Looks like a very stuffy County side will stretch away in first place, they're not a patch on the side which got promoted 6 years ago.

• Like 1

Yup : good away win.

Just keep  it going lads : a play off spot is well within our grasp. The higher the better though. We are capable of grabbing second place which would be ideal.

• Like 2

Take great result today.

Queens have been on a bad run, but we needed to get the job done, and we did it well.

I'm really looking forward to Friday evening. Our formation currently seems to be working well, and County are a few players short too.

Time to show them (again) that we are the best team in the Highlands!

I really hope we get a great home support.

Come on guys!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

2 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

A lot of chat on pie and bovril re someone being out of order at Queens yesterday! If true is bang out of order! 

Screenshot_20190310-111656_Gallery.jpg

2 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

A lot of chat on pie and bovril re someone being out of order at Queens yesterday! If true is bang out of order! 

Screenshot_20190310-111656_Gallery.jpg

On on behalf of ICT Supporters Travel Club .Having confronted stewards supervisor re these morons we were disgusted to hear one was claiming to be the head of The Supporters Club .I would like on behalf of our travelling support to assure you they had no connection to any of our travelling fans .It was dealt with after we intervened and hopefully never to be repeated .

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Satan said:

'These' morons...there was more than one??

Surely they must be known to the regular travelling support.

Wouldn't take much to name & shame.

Don't need this type of support.

I travel to every away game have never seen them before .The Travel Club dealt with this the best way we saw fit and got the heat taken out of what could have been a nasty incident . No need for further comment as the Police are involved.

• Like 1

I'm afraid two things are being confused here. The individual is one of our more 'passionate' regulars and most people know him, though I was surprised to hear about the inappropriate comments. The other group were from the English Midlands on a day out and had taken far too much drink on the train. Not ICT fans and they left halfway through.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

I'm afraid two things are being confused here. The individual is one of our more 'passionate' regulars and most people know him, though I was surprised to hear about the inappropriate comments. The other group were from the English Midlands on a day out and had taken far too much drink on the train. Not ICT fans and they left halfway through.

I’m the ‘passionate’ fan in question. 

Yes I was giving the players some light hearted digs in the first half but at no time did I make any inappropriate comments to the home fans, in fact the only time I spoke to their fans was at half time when a gentlemen who was obviously pissed off at his team losing decided to have a go at me and I told him that if the kids didn’t like bad language not directed at them I advised him to take them to the cinema. The stewards were great and I offered to move seats which I did and nothing else was said. Can’t believe he’s making stuff up on P&B but it’s water off a ducks back to me as I did nothing wrong IMO

If the allegation is true it is a disgrace. However, since the person apparently accused denies it, it is impossible for those of us not present to judge where the truth is.

Pity however, that it has come to dominate a thread that should be celebrating a fine away win and our continuing good form.

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic