Queen of the South -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

1 minute ago, Kingsmills said:

If the allegation is true it is a disgrace. However, since the person apparently accused denies it, it is impossible for those of us not present to judge where the truth is.

Pity however, that it has come to dominate a thread that should be celebrating a fine away win and our continuing good form.

There are several posters on the site who were next to me and can confirm that I didn’t make and inappropriate comments to home fans 

2 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Which is why I made reference to 'those of us not present'.

Understood. Not letting some BS on another site bother me. Great day out and a cracking 3 points which is more important 

Confirmed. Spent a good deal of the match beside Red Card and he was his entertaining self. The stewards were enjoying the atmosphere too, To be honest I would pay extra to hear his commentary at every match. No clue what the complainants are on about. Great 3 points and an entertaining match........plenty of action at both ends. We could have been out of sight by half time but equally could have lost the game but for some outstanding last ditch defending.. QOS will beat anyone on their day,.

• Like 1

Easy win yesterday. Despite Queens being on a bad run I still expected us to stumble a bit here so it was a nice surprise to see us easily secure the three points save for a pretty shoddy opening to the second half. 

Very well taken goal by Doran to open the scoring. I see some reports have stated it was a poor backpass but I thought it was an overhit through ball from one of our players (clearly I wasn't paying that much attention). Anyway, Doran did well to get onto it and round the keeper before finishing well from a pretty tight angle. I thought he might have taken it too wide but he did well to squeeze it in (oo er). 

Mckay got the second when he met a corner and found the net via a big deflection off his marker. We should have had a third goal when Polworth saw his shot turned wide and then from his corner McCart (I think) headed against the bar and White shot over.

Queens seldom threatened but they were much better after the break and we were fortunate not to concede at least one goal with Ridgers denying Dobbie, Dykes and then Dobbie again as we struggled to get going again. Gone was the nice crisp passing play replaced by hurried balls lumped forward to no one in particular. Only Doran seemed to have the intelligence to try and get the ball down on the ground and start knocking it about again. Once we did that we started to gain a foothold and should have extended our lead when Welsh and the Polworth again shot wide from distance.

Great performances from the likes of Doran, Polworth, McCart and Tremarco. Ridgers didn't have too much to do in the first half but made three terrific saves to maintain our two goal lead in the second. Had one of those gone in who knows what might have happened.

Those fans up from Stoke were interesting to say the least. One seemed to have had an altercation with one of the young lads on the turnstiles and got chucked out, followed possibly by another one. Then some other guy came back in demanding everyone leave and got into a fight with an ICT fan who told him to fuck off. Then they all left. I bumped into them at the station heading back to Carlisle but fortunately managed to them on the train and at the changeover at Carlisle. Strange mob.

10 hours ago, izzy said:

On on behalf of ICT Supporters Travel Club .Having confronted stewards supervisor re these morons we were disgusted to hear one was claiming to be the head of The Supporters Club .I would like on behalf of our travelling support to assure you they had no connection to any of our travelling fans .It was dealt with after we intervened and hopefully never to be repeated .

Grudge match from now on they can't be calling our fans beasts and think they'll get away with such slander 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Grudge match from now on they can't be calling our fans beasts and think they'll get away with such slander 

We have always had a decent relationship with QOS and their fans and a comment on another forum by a QOS fan will not change that.

If you have a grudge then, thankfully, I suspect that you will be on your own.

On a more positive note, I'm glad to see a modicum of praise not only for the boys mentioned but Tremarco especially.

He's been with us now a while.  Is he not the most senior of our players and a really steadying influence?   Reliability is  vital to success and his record speaks for itself doesn't it ? If I remember rightly he sure played his part in the 2015 Scottish cup tie which we won handily did we not?  Smile! Wonder if he will play a big part in this year's Cup Final …….!?

2 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

We have always had a decent relationship with QOS and their fans and a comment on another forum by a QOS fan will not change that.

If you have a grudge then, thankfully, I suspect that you will be on your own.

Dunno sure the poor dude called a pervert will have a grudge eh lol

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

On a more positive note, I'm glad to see a modicum of praise not only for the boys mentioned but Tremarco especially.

He's been with us now a while.  Is he not the most senior of our players and a really steadying influence?   Reliability is  vital to success and his record speaks for itself doesn't it ? If I remember rightly he sure played his part in the 2015 Scottish cup tie which we won handily did we not?  Smile! Wonder if he will play a big part in this year's Cup Final …….!?

Tremarcos a caley legend for sure hel be a big player when we take care of septic this season in the final

• Funny 1

23 hours ago, Scarlet Pimple said:

He did, but sadly got sent off for a bad tackle after failing to control the ball.

Happily the winner in the Irn Bru cup final last year exorcised that ghost for him.

On 3/11/2019 at 7:35 AM, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

The BBC picture of our first goal looks like a contender for 'Spot the Goalie out of position!'

_105961008_doran1.jpg

Just watched the highlights, really neat finish from Doran.

I’m struggling to think of many goals we’ve scored in recent years when the attacker has rounded the keeper. I can remember Tade doing it once, but I can also remember him missing a dozen or so attempts when through on the keeper. 

Given that the video is from QOS we looked good although their pitch looks worse than ours!  We just need to keep playing as we are and we will get 3 points on Friday night :ictscarf:

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic