Jim Falconer

Scotty

Was looking for something else on the official site and came across one of the ICT25 blogs buried on there .... Seems Jim Falconer our club secretary is retiring at the end of the season. :amazed: . I am sure plenty folk may have known this but it hadnt reached this side of the pond or been mentioned on here as far as I know so wanted to start this topic to thank him for all his years with the club ....

https://ictfc.com/ict-25-blog-jim-falconer

If you want to talk about unsung heroes of our club over the last 25 years then JF is likely one of the biggest ones. I am surprised and saddened that he is retiring as those will be humongous shoes to fill ... but happy and appreciative for all the work he has put into the club in the background for each of those 25 years.

003 Jim Falconer Football Secretary.jpg  

Thank You Jim. I think the sign I have on my own desk at works sums things up about my perception of your role ...... Happy Retirement !

IMG_6108.JPG 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Sad 1

• Scotty pinned and featured this topic

Without Jimmy there maybe wouldnt be a club! Stood firm and put up with a lot of unpleasantness at the time of the merger. Will be missed when he retires. 

PS noticed in press earlier in week that Ginger MacKenzie ex Caledonian legend has died at age 91. Thought some of the older members might remember him. RIP 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Without Jimmy there maybe wouldnt be a club! Stood firm and put up with a lot of unpleasantness at the time of the merger. Will be missed when he retires. 

PS noticed in press earlier in week that Ginger MacKenzie ex Caledonian legend has died at age 91. Thought some of the older members might remember him. RIP 

I missed that sad news re Ginger MacKenzie.  My all time favourite Caley player.  His wife was best friends with one of my elder sisters.  I visited him at his home in Winnipeg many years ago and they made me very welcome. Thanks for posting the news, sad though it was to read.

• Like 1

He did not exactly endear himself in 1993-94 (well to some of us) but he has stuck by his guns and one of the few standing from the early days. Always has a wee word to say and will be sorely missed. And we need a falconer the scare of those nasty birds circling the Longman.

• Like 2

I have little knowledge of Mr. Falconer and, seemingly,  that's a pity.

I do remember Ginger Mackenzie though and his coif and can remember his style of play as I write. Quite  a speedy and effective player . Lived in Winnipeg. Manitoba did he in his latter years ?  I wonder why he emigrated to Canada.? . Probably something to do with his career path--like me actuellement. 

RIP .

Jim was the my first contact from Caledonian FC days. He sent me a nice letter after I wrote to the club after my first ever Caledonian fC game away at Airdrie in the Scottish Cup. He is a legend. I wish him a very happy and healthy retirement. 

Wishing Mr F a long and Healthy retirement. Deffo a club Stalwart.

As for Ginger MacKenzie....my Dad used to talk fondly of him and other Caley players, all the time. Im actually amazed to hear he was still with us, until recently.  May he Rest In Peace

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Does anyone remember Pete MacKinnon. What a wonderful  and kind man  and with a nature of great humility. I remember Peter when others have faded from my memory. I know that he latterly was living in a "HOME" on Fairfield Road and therefore he must have passed -  on in that spot.

RIP Pete.