Academy Director resigns?

Telfordfan

Just heard rumour that Danny MacDonald resigned last week. True or not?  Had enough of being mucked around?  What happens now with youth and all the coaches.  Who'll be the next in queue to  exit. why ? why?

Will he nail them in court/ If true then a real shocker for fans, robbo and another kick in the ........  for the staff who will be abs gutted and buckets of cash from sfa will disappear .

Rumour is true.

Ronnie has also resigned which is badged by the club as retiring but is actually due to the behind the scenes issues and the fact he is too old to out up with this.

Presumably Charlie will ride to the rescue!

Complete lack of transparency from the club again. No surprise. Nest of vipers. Come on then Mr Rae let us hear the latest glossed over response for this little lot. It seems the ivory tower is crumbling but the man at the top doesn't seem to want to engage with the very people who pay his wages. Sorry but nepotism and a holier than thou attitude seems to be the character of our current Chair. Maybe time to go Mr Rae! We have very little to show for your time in charge and we are haemorraging good people left, right and centre. The buck stops with you so do the decent thing and step down. What we need is someone at the top who is a person of the club not the current model of management that is Mr Rae.

Source or at least until its deemed to be official this should be in Rumor Mill?

If true its yet another worrying bit of club activity. Given whats been seen over the last few wks its looking very shambolic. Lets wait and see what  comes out officially and how murky this part of the story gets.

Right now the cup semi will be seen as a blessing by the board as they will look at it as a distraction from whats going on inhouse.

22 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Source or at least until its deemed to be official this should be in Rumor Mill?

If true its yet another worrying bit of club activity. Given whats been seen over the last few wks its looking very shambolic. Lets wait and see what  comes out officially and how murky this part of the story gets.

Right now the cup semi will be seen as a blessing by the board as they will look at it as a distraction from whats going on inhouse.

Can't give source but appreciate that this is defined as a rumour until this is official

1 hour ago, Jockdoonsouth said:

... the man at the top doesn't seem to want to engage with the very people who pay his wages.

Does he get any wages?  The accounts give the number of employees at the club "including directors who are not remunerated".

I don't know whether that means that no director is remunerated, or that some are and some aren't.  (If the former, there should have been a comma after "directors". :teacher: )

1 hour ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Does he get any wages?  The accounts give the number of employees at the club "including directors who are not remunerated".

I don't know whether that means that no director is remunerated, or that some are and some aren't.  (If the former, there should have been a comma after "directors". :teacher: )

That's neither here nor there though. It is getting ridiculous that so many are going. What can't be denied is that all of this is happening under his tenure. It's a joke. He made lots of noises about things improving yet you only ever hear from him when he his reprimanding. He was happy to employ a family member whose husband gets the catering contract to boot. He can't take credit for the signing over of the stadium as that was already underway before he became Chair. Sadly, the club cannot afford to lose people of Danny's calibre. The whole thing stinks and as far as I can see, and apparently by his radio silence, Mr Rae is to blame - a small club like ours has no place for nepotism, and bordering on fraudulent mismanagement, as is the trademark of our current chair. It's no wonder the stigs over the bridge are fairing better than us when we have such a clown heading things. I have to be honest, until this tit has been removed I can't see me being arsed to do the 1000 mile round trip to watch a game. Maybe when people stay away he might get the message and FO. I would like to see someone like Ross taking the Chair. Someone whose heart is in the club. Someone who could really push things forward and gain the support and respect that our current chair doesn't have. #Rant over.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Pele_Is_God said:

We are heading into Administration aren’t we...? 

I hope not. The one person who is good at administration within our club is also 'retiring'. 

54 minutes ago, Jockdoonsouth said:

That's neither here nor there though. It is getting ridiculous that so many are going. What can't be denied is that all of this is happening under his tenure. It's a joke. He made lots of noises about things improving yet you only ever hear from him when he his reprimanding. He was happy to employ a family member whose husband gets the catering contract to boot. He can't take credit for the signing over of the stadium as that was already underway before he became Chair. Sadly, the club cannot afford to lose people of Danny's calibre. The whole thing stinks and as far as I can see, and apparently by his radio silence, Mr Rae is to blame - a small club like ours has no place for nepotism, and bordering on fraudulent mismanagement, as is the trademark of our current chair. It's no wonder the stigs over the bridge are fairing better than us when we have such a clown heading things. I have to be honest, until this tit has been removed I can't see me being arsed to do the 1000 mile round trip to watch a game. Maybe when people stay away he might get the message and FO. I would like to see someone like Ross taking the Chair. Someone whose heart is in the club. Someone who could really push things forward and gain the support and respect that our current chair doesn't have. #Rant over.

You are right. Rae must resign and he should do it tonight at the AGM

According to one of his sidekicks, Mr Rae had to put a hand in his own pocket to cover wages and has said he will walk away once he gets that money back from the semi final income.

4 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Don't have to get wages to take money out as a director and we can't be paying dividends with our accounts. Plenty of ways to play the system with expenses claims though or even awarding contracts for services around the club to associates or groups and organisations where wages or dividends can be obtained - such as the ex-CEO and her husband running the now incumbent catering. BTW not suggesting any or all of these in this case but it can and does happen.

Sounds like some hard questions will arise during the AGM let's see how the board handle those of if it's avoided and political spin - Hopefully someone will relay the crux of the meeting on here for all.

Edited by bdu98196

Fact - the board were asked to vote on whether the ex CEO went or Danny McDonald. They backed Danny so why he has now resigned is a mystery. I am also sure that Mr Rae would stand down as chairman if someone wants to take over. He didn't want to be chairman in the first place but no one else wanted to do the job. This is definitely a case of be careful what you wish for. Don't exactly see a queue of people wanting to take a place on the board though.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Huisdean said:

Fact - the board were asked to vote on whether the ex CEO went or Danny McDonald. They backed Danny so why he has now resigned is a mystery. I am also sure that Mr Rae would stand down as chairman if someone wants to take over. He didn't want to be chairman in the first place but no one else wanted to do the job. This is definitely a case of be careful what you wish for. Don't exactly see a queue of people wanting to take a place on the board though.

Hard to disagree with that to be honest. 

• Like 1

Can't blame the board for everything tough job they've got can't see a load of people wanting to dip in to there savings to help us! The previous board shafted us with there poor management choice relegation really fcked us must've lost us a fortune zero tv money zero big travelling supports ! 

• Agree 5

On 3/18/2019 at 8:27 PM, Huisdean said:

Well your 'fact' may be up for debate,   Seemingly from my source, the club were not happy with DM,  CEO tried to get backing to remove same and didn't get support from various and necessary parties.

CEO resigned.

DM resigned.

Cost cutting to minimise losses continues.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, caley100 said:

Well your 'fact' may be up for debate,   Seemingly from my source, the club were not happy with DM,  CEO tried to get backing to remove same and didn't get support from various and necessary parties.

CEO resigned.

DM resigned.

Cost cutting to minimise losses continues.  

Did your 'source' happen to mention why the foundation to move the youth/community side under (which would be separate from the club and help save money) hasn't been announced?

Club Statement: 

Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC can confirm that Danny MacDonald, Academy Director, has tendered his resignation.  His departure has taken immediate effect.

For the interim period, Charlie Christie - Head of Youth Development will be in charge of the Academy.

Club Chairman Graham Rae paid tribute to the contribution made by Mr MacDonald as a player, coach, Chief Operating Officer and most recently Academy Director.

He said: “We are sorry that Danny has tendered his resignation.  It is with regret that the board has accepted it.  We thank him sincerely for his hard work, commitment and good cheer while working for the Club.  We wish Danny and his family the very best for the future.”

And so the plot thickens. "It is with regret ... " my arse. It's more like  " You saw off the wife of my cousin from her job acquired through nepotism ... so you can do one." Bloody shambles. Normally you cut out the rot from the good stuff but we seem to be cutting out the good stuff and leaving the rot.

Edited by Jockdoonsouth
  • Facepalm 1

The entire club is a shambles, run by people who don’t want to be there and are, as an added bonus, incompetent.

The only way anything will change is if someone comes in and takes over the club and clears all these people out but no-one is going to do that so we are stuck with this until something forces a change.