Thistle v Thistle

RiG

In between people resigning, horrendous looking accounts and talk about our Scottish Cup Semi Final we have a pretty important league game coming up tomorrow night against Partick Thistle. We've been pretty rank against Thistle this season despite bagging two wins. The match in November (?) was a real smash and grab with only a Walsh wonder strike the difference between the sides (plus some excellent keeping by Ridgers and a piss poor penalty). But recently we turned in a shambles of a performance as Partick coasted to a 2 - 0 win in the Highlands though we were missing some of our key players.

A win would be really welcome especially as Dunfermline have found a bit of form recently and are now ahead of us in the table in 4th spot though we do have a game in hand. 

Anyone heading along? If not you can tune in on BBC Scotland :smile:

Just now, RiG said:

In between people resigning, horrendous looking accounts and talk about our Scottish Cup Semi Final we have a pretty important league game coming up tomorrow night against Partick Thistle. We've been pretty rank against Thistle this season despite bagging two wins. The match in November (?) was a real smash and grab with only a Walsh wonder strike the difference between the sides (plus some excellent keeping by Ridgers and a **** poor penalty). But recently we turned in a shambles of a performance as Partick coasted to a 2 - 0 win in the Highlands though we were missing some of our key players.

A win would be really welcome especially as Dunfermline have found a bit of form recently and are now ahead of us in the table in 4th spot though we do have a game in hand. 

Anyone heading along? If not you can tune in on BBC Scotland :smile:

Me plus a few others! Looking forward to it 

Partick fighting relegation so will be going for it. Could be a game for being clinical on the break. Partick now have McDonald poaching goals so he needs watching. Hopefully the team are champing at the bit having had a break. Three points be more than handy at this stage.  

Be a tough game this one, can't help but feel at times Partick's play hasn't reflected their current league position and contrary to my thoughts before the last game, they should definitely not be taken lightly.

Hopefully the lads are up for it.

Fast start needed, take the game to them and put them on the back foot.

Robbo said before that the QoS game that he expected Walsh and MacDonald back the following week so I assume they're both ready. That leaves him with proper selection dilemmas. Chalmers and Trafford have done really well in the past couple of games so it would be difficult to drop them, but if everyone's fit then I think this our best team:

Ridgers

McKay   Donaldson  McCart  Tremarco

Welsh    MacDonald

Walsh    Polworth     Doran

White

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Any word on Walsh and whether he might be back for this one?

Confirmed today that Walsh will be in the squad tomorrow....as will McHattie.

Machado also being given a spot in the matchday squad. Unless I missed an announcement to the contrary I think he may still be on Amateur Papers...a first for us?

No-one knows how good Machado will be and he's very young and inexperienced.

But I feel confident in saying he is definitely going to be the best player we've ever had, probably the best player in Scottish football and after he's won us the Scottish cup and secured promotion we'll sell him to PSG to clear up the accounts.  It's a certainty.

• Funny 3
  • Confused 1

Booked flights over for this month's ago before the date change. . . Luckily we are heading over tomorrow morning for the weekend and will still make it. Same unfortunately can not be said for a couple others that are flying out in Saturday originally for the match. Couldn't get them swapped or refunded so just making a day of it in Glasgow instead 

44 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Nah, but I seriously hope he isn't a one match wonder, like Jack Brown, who never makes another appearance after his debut

Jack Brown is 17 and got his chance in a game we were missing a few players.  Hardly fair to write the guy off as a one-season wonder when he can't even legally buy a pint!

11 hours ago, ictchris said:

Jack Brown is 17 and got his chance in a game we were missing a few players.  Hardly fair to write the guy off as a one-season wonder when he can't even legally buy a pint!

Just because a guy can legally buy a pint doesn’t mean much though. I mean, look at @Naelifts.