ICT Fan from Ukraine

I agree with SMEE-- good quality people and football fans always welcome on this site--I hope. Glad you enjoyed browsing over the previous seasons. The last game I saw last season against Ross County was an absolute cracker with ICT doing a real number on them , vigorous and determined football  in an absolutely great game from my viewpoint.Hope it continues this term as well.                                                                                                                                                        

I see that Chernobyl has had a real problem again..is that correct? And how have the authorities dealt with that?

On 7/17/2019 at 1:31 AM, Scarlet Pimple said:

I agree with SMEE-- good quality people and football fans always welcome on this site--I hope. Glad you enjoyed browsing over the previous seasons. The last game I saw last season against Ross County was an absolute cracker with ICT doing a real number on them , vigorous and determined football  in an absolutely great game from my viewpoint.Hope it continues this term as well.                                                                                                                                                        

I see that Chernobyl has had a real problem again..is that correct? And how have the authorities dealt with that?

Hi Scarlet! No, actually I can not confirm it, we have new confinment, and radiation level is in the normal zone in Kyiv now. EU and help us, so we are not 1 vs 1 with this problem. 

On 7/19/2019 at 2:05 PM, The Long Man said:

Cheers, Danylo, glad to hear you are still rooting for us. Should be an entertaining season. Top three?

Hi Long Man! I would say - 2nd place, i like new reinforcment what Robbo did, so i hope , and i wait ICT on TV

Also, guys, what is the best whiskey from Inverness ? I dont mean Highland, i mean Inverness town. Thanks in advance!

49 minutes ago, Danylo Lytvynchuk said:

Also, guys, what is the best whiskey from Inverness ? I dont mean Highland, i mean Inverness town. Thanks in advance!

Hi Danylo.  There used to be three whisky distilleries in Inverness, but they all closed down a long time ago - in the 1980s I think.

Their names were:

Glen Mhor - this distillery was quite literally at the end of the ground of Caledonian FC (Caley), one of the teams which merged to form ICT.

Glen Albyn - very close to Glen Mhor - both distilleries were at the side of the canal in Inverness.

Millburn - at the east side of Inverness - the distillery is now a hotel, and I was staying in it last week ?

Because the distilleries closed down so long ago, the whisky will be very hard to find, and you will have to pay a lot of money (maybe hundreds of UK pounds) for a bottle.

I have tried them all, several years ago.  I think my favourite was Millburn, although I also had a special single-cask bottling of Glen Albyn which was really good.

But none of them was as good as the best whiskies that you can find easily today - Highland Park, Springbank, Macallan, etc - so if you can't find any, then don't worry. You won't be missing anything special.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Hi Danylo,

Although the old Inverness distilleries have gone, there are plenty within within easy reach of Inverness. Here are eight of them:

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/united-kingdom/scotland/articles/8-distilleries-to-visit-in-and-around-inverness-scotland/

Of these I would recommend trying Glenmorangie, Macallan and Glen Moray. Cheers, or as we say 'slàinte mhath'  (good health)!

Does Ukraine produce vodka?

Edited by The Long Man

Wow, guys, thanks a lot for such interesting article, and so good description. I drinked "Caledonia" few days ago, and thought, may be it is from Inverness region
28938.jpg.9ea584773e52e0607ad6aad1f156c696.jpg

On 7/21/2019 at 11:42 PM, The Long Man said:

Does Ukraine produce vodka?

Hi Long Man! Actually, we have similar drink to vodka, this is "Horilka". But our Horilka is hmm...infused(?) with honey, pepper or ukrainian grass, so taste is much better and softer as vodkas taste
1335510.jpg.c88590e5c1cb94eaa557b042476c38ee.jpgNemiroff is the best, i think

They look interesting Danylo, I must give them a try some time, are they similar to the Bison grass Vodka which I believe is Polish?

Edited by bughtmaster
put a capital P on in case you thought I meant polish as in shine
  • Facepalm 1

OOPs! Danylo, I thought that you said Ukrainian glass. ?My mistake.

Between the change of your Prime Minister and all , you have lots to think about  and chat over  a glass of whisky!

Spare a thought for our newly-minted team for 2019-2020. I am thinking that there are going to be some surprising results this year but Robbo is still here and on the ball.

Interested in coming over to Vancouver in Canada ….? Scarlet

On 7/23/2019 at 12:34 AM, bughtmaster said:

They look interesting Danylo, I must give them a try some time, are they similar to the Bison grass Vodka which I believe is Polish?

Yes and No, at the same time. Bison grass vodka - "Zubrovka" has more saturated grass taste, i dont like it, honestly

On 7/24/2019 at 5:35 AM, Scarlet Pimple said:

Between the change of your Prime Minister and all , you have lots to think about  and chat over  a glass of whisky!

Yes, but i am really disapointed with his future "Russia friendship".I voted for Poroshenko.

On 7/24/2019 at 5:35 AM, Scarlet Pimple said:

Interested in coming over to Vancouver in Canada ….? Scarlet

Yes, i am will be very happy to visit Canada, I heard so much about canadian nature.. And the are a lot of ukrainian there ?

Och! There! he goes again, making fun of a poor old Pimple. Grrrrrr!  If only I was ten years younger and all.

However don't be bothered by IHE..he has a good heart and loves ICT to death so...…we have to make allowances  for his, probabl, mis-spent youth. If you ever do want to come to Canada and the purse strings can stretch to allowing for the airfare out to the West coast, then it's extremely likely that my wife and I could meet you. Would that not be  "something"?

But, to see a Moose you will have to travel way up North for that and can't fail to send a photo to IHE as well of you and the Moose cuddling. Aye, Right!!

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/30/2019 at 3:56 AM, Scarlet Pimple said:

Och! There! he goes again, making fun of a poor old Pimple. Grrrrrr!  If only I was ten years younger and all.

However don't be bothered by IHE..he has a good heart and loves ICT to death so...…we have to make allowances  for his, probabl, mis-spent youth. If you ever do want to come to Canada and the purse strings can stretch to allowing for the airfare out to the West coast, then it's extremely likely that my wife and I could meet you. Would that not be  "something"?

But, to see a Moose you will have to travel way up North for that and can't fail to send a photo to IHE as well of you and the Moose cuddling. Aye, Right!!

Scarlet, i am really sorry for such late answer! A lot has happened in the last month, but I am here again. 
I am really appreciate your offer, and yes, i will contact you if we will be there. You can find me in Facebook.

Not possible Danylo. I am not a member of Facebook.

Nor do I have a cell(mobile) phone because "old codgers" don't need one -- we older folks  just watch the younger folks wasting their time on phone call after phone call whilst we older and wiser guys just watch the girls go by.:tongue: My wife has had a few  mobiles but they have conked out, one by one. Maybe these poor folks need to spend  big on a Huwawie one. I'm a canny Scotsman so I  view all this as a needless waste.

Now I will leave the final word to IHE...:tongue: