Partick Th -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

Brilliant finish from Walsh,  Well deserved 3 points now bring on Alloa.   Doran man if the match and with Walsh back it's looking good.

Edited by caley100
  • Like 1

Superb...Caley rode out a bit of Partick Thistle pressure and saw the game out well in the end. Great game from Doran, back to his best isn't he (or better). Lovely goal from Walsh, so good to have him back, and so important. Thought White lead the line well (and a great dummy for Doran's goal) Trafford good, he's found his feet at last. Chalmers influentila in first half, Polworth managed the game after Doran went off, and Welsh is a good engine. Backline pretty solid. Back into forth and we've pulled Ayr back.

Shame they moved the game forward a day, otherwise I would have seen it live!

• Like 1

Supposed to be aff it this weekend.  Nearly folded at half-time but two excellent goals, some decent passing, some nervy defending and a good result later, I’m hanging in there.  Anyone else know WTAF Brads role was tonight?  Slightly bizarre but hey, it’s all good 

B5DCAEEE-7A2D-4214-9EC5-F534625519D0.gif

Hate watching us on the tele but a tremendous 3 points. Barca-esque winner from Doran and Walsh.  Going up via play-offs and a 2nd Scottsh Cup win in 5 seasons would constitute a decent enough season. ?

• Funny 1

Great team performance tonight although I was hoping for a third goal instead of trying to keep the ball in the corners but we hang on.  Looking forward to Tuesday night v Alloa, Falkirk on Saturday and County the following Tuesday, can we get a run going? 

I watched it on tv with an excitable 7 year old who remembered us losing to them at home a few weeks back. 

I was worried at half time, as we were on top but had not managed to score, Chalmers coming closest, and the keeper saving Donaldson's header.

Partick started the second half better, but what a goal: White's dummy was sublime, setting Doran up for a great goal!

Shame we lost the equaliser, but Ridgers had no chance.

I feared the worst, as earlier in the season we would have, at best, drawn, but what a winner. Dorian's lay off was incredible, only matched by Walsh's finish.

Credit to all 13 who played, a great result, and they closed the game down very well to avoid the risk of a late equaliser.

Ridgers was rarely troubled.

McKay had a quiet game, although his poor touch put us in trouble early on. Tremarco was pushing forward as usual. Donaldson and McCart are a sound pairing.

Trafford is transformed, but may drop out now Walsh is back. A tough call for Robbo whether he or Chalmers starts. Welsh had a good game, Chalmers was quieter although he nearly got an opener in the first half. Polworth had a couple of wayward efforts, but controlled the game when in mattered late on.

Doran is back to his best. He was quite quiet early on, but a goal and an assist proves his worth. He is on song, and we are doing much better as a result.

White terrorised the defence, and created the first goal. He has really settled into the front man role for us.

Great to see Walsh back, and what a finish from Doran's clever lay off.

When the MOM thread starts, for me it is Doran, White and Welsh. 

Back in fourth, with Alloa, Falkirk and Ross County at home to come, we have scope for optimism!

Come on Caley Thistle, let's make this a great season!!

• Like 1

I am seeing a trend. If this type or performances(s) keeps up I feel we are not only going to win the Semi-final but the cup itself.

Then I will probably cry because it was close when the cup came back to Inverness I admit.  Yesssssss!

Which all goes to show that loyalty and commitment pays off  in the final analysis.:saythat:

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic